Sponsored

Average delivery time for non-reservation holders?

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had a reservation early on. Cancelled it due to all the issues popping up and $$$.

Was curious about trading in my Jeep for a Bronco. If I were to order one with a soft top (I know the hard tops are the big pain), how long would it be to start building?

I am confused due to all of the issues, etc

Thanks!
Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Between 1 day and 365 days is a safe estimate.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably late 2022 is the common thought.
Unless of course you buy one off the lot from a Dealer at the “going” rate.

Mg

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you are right to be confused with all the issues, but the reality of the hard/soft top debate is that hopefully the new hardtops will be in production before all the soft tops are finished, and from there they will have a large backlog of 2drs to fill. I wouldn't expect planning around any current bottleneck will matter if you're just now ordering.

Rough estimates say if Ford gets their shit together they can clear their entire blacklog in 4 months and start producing stock units, so if you believe in miracles, you could have an ordered but not reserved bronco in your hands in 7 months. Reality is probably closer to 12+ months

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's anyone's guess at this point. But if you just went in and the dealer actually created an order for you (seems unlikely at this point), I'd say 8 to 10 months. Those of us with late reservations are thinking realistically 10 to 12 months from our reservation date.

I think 4 months to clear the backlog is a little optimistic, but if everything came together and supply chains were normal, I'd say 6 months...

That's a WAG for you...

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At a smallish dealer with a heavy % hard top allocations, I think it'd still be possible to walk in there today and order an MY21 soft top. There might still be dealer stock soft tops this year.

Once Ford has functioning, er, "cosmetically" perfect hard tops being produced at full rate, the wait could increase by a year -- assuming Ford wants to do right by the long-suffering hard top early reservations. But if Ford/Webasto continue to struggle to make the MICs, I could see all soft top orders cleared by the end of Q1.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had a reservation early on. Cancelled it due to all the issues popping up and $$$.

Was curious about trading in my Jeep for a Bronco. If I were to order one with a soft top (I know the hard tops are the big pain), how long would it be to start building?

I am confused due to all of the issues, etc

Thanks!
My dealer and I are good friends. He had a customer come in at the beginning of august, no reservation and put in an order for a BB, 2.7, tow, soft top and to his surprise it previewed yesterday. My speculation is they have a ton of soft top capacity and very few people change from MIC tops. Point of my post is if you don’t need a ton of options and will take a soft top you could get one fairly soon.
Sponsored