Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tip: when asking a question don't assume esoteric catch-phrases or acronyms will be understood by all. Ask using the simple term for what is going on. Sayin Arizona pinstriping instead of brush scratches just requires more people to look up what it means, wasting time, or to ignore the question, reducing your answers. The same with FE, BB, ICE, IFS, and all the others used here, AND ONLY HERE, it's not like many of us spend our lives here. Instead, we check in from time to time, read something that seems clear and interesting, leave for another week. We don't read every post with rapt enthusiasm. So we don't learn all the goofy* jargon. It makes communication more difficult.

* goofy - inane, silly, misguided. Coined for the Disney character during WWII, becoming part of the vernacular in America at that time. Acceptable in business or polite company.
Any real 4wheeler knows what Colorado or Arizona pinstriping is. These are the folks I want answers from- those that have been there not keyboard "wonder's" that throw out useless answers.
Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tip: when asking a question don't assume esoteric catch-phrases or acronyms will be understood by all. Ask using the simple term for what is going on. Sayin Arizona pinstriping instead of brush scratches just requires more people to look up what it means, wasting time, or to ignore the question, reducing your answers. The same with FE, BB, ICE, IFS, and all the others used here, AND ONLY HERE, it's not like many of us spend our lives here. Instead, we check in from time to time, read something that seems clear and interesting, leave for another week. We don't read every post with rapt enthusiasm. So we don't learn all the goofy* jargon. It makes communication more difficult.

* goofy - inane, silly, misguided. Coined for the Disney character during WWII, becoming part of the vernacular in America at that time. Acceptable in business or polite company.
aggressive

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any real 4wheeler knows what Colorado or Arizona pinstriping is. These are the folks I want answers from- those that have been there not keyboard "wonder's" that throw out useless answers.
That may be true.

However, i'm more afraid of somebody using the Oklahoma Credit Card on my Bronco than the New Jersey pinstriping.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The coating will 100% do nothing to protect your paint from branches.

PPF is your only option other than avoiding everything you can.

White or in my opinion, cactus gray.

You’ll be able to polish out a few scratches, a few different times. The finish on your truck is about as thick as a post it note.. so you don’t want to rub it out too often (the jokes write themselves). It’s a losing battle.

You can have a flawless truck or fun driving it. Both? Eeeeh.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

before doing any hardcore off-rading (if there is such thing in Nothern Illinois).
Ha! Let me know if you find any... for real!

Sponsored

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I dunno, I'm from NY and I've never heard of either Colorado or Arizona pinstriping and I was able to figure out what he was talking about before I even clicked the thread.

And are you really suggesting that Bronco6g.com is the only place that uses the acronym IFS?

Tip: If you don't understand something, then ask... It's that simple. Unless you're too proud to admit when you don't know something.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you can just order it with your Bronco and I believe the dealership applies it - it's on B&P. That's what I'm doing for my AMB, and I may add a ceramic coating later.
Where do I find it? Under accessories? Thanks

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Under Exterior Options. It may not be available on all trims though...I don't know why.

Also, I just noticed some new stuff on B&P that wasn't there last time I looked (six months ago?).

Like the Bestop Soft Top for 2-doors. Probably not new to anyone else on here.

Ford Bronco Avoiding Colorado Pinstriping? 1627650768836

Last edited:

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That may be true.

However, i'm more afraid of somebody using the Oklahoma Credit Card on my Bronco than the New Jersey pinstriping.
Here in NC you really gotta watch out for those Indianapolis Waffle Irons.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@johndeerefarmer
Advantages/disadvantages of wraps vs PPF? - Basically same idea one is clear gloss, satin or matte the other typically has color or design.
Cost, longevity, etc... $5K-10K depending on installer and that is doing entire truck Xpel is warrantied for 10 years...older materials would yellow and become one with the paint requiring a nasty removal process one potato chip crumb at a time then full repaint. I am not sure anyone could tell you what the latest materials will look like in 10 years. But definite advances in this space.
I have read of SxS guys putting wraps on theirs and they said they held up well. True, I have a friend that has one UTV LineX and the other wrapped in PPF (3M) and they both take a beating through the trees and look great...I think in certain lights / angles I can see minimal scratches on the ppf but it does seem to self heal and disappear but severe will cut through like when he jabbed a broken branch. The LineX looks perfect but pieces of wood kind of embed in the texture and he can wash them out scrubbing some...the downside to the LineX for the UTV is add a bit of weight to the plastic and makes some of the pieces seem heavy and he is wondering if it will cause them to maybe break over time? But no way to know without years / mileage.
Do wraps come in clear? and could you just wrap part of it? llike the fenders? I am not sure if wraps come in clear...I would imagine but I have never seen one and I do not know how the thickness / self healing characteristics compare but surely someone on here has a vehicle wrapped for their biz and can respond.
Same with PPF- why not just do the parts more likely to get scratched? Fenders and doors? Yes, clear with gloss finish, satin finish and matte if you totally want to change the appearance. Yep, wrap whole vehicle or just mirror backs...anything in between.

My personal experience I bought Xpel in a roll I think it was 3" wide to do the entry door jams on my Raptor to keep the German Shepherd and Dobermans claws from tearing up the paint when they get in and it was easy to put on and does not show a single mark 1.5 years later...the rest of the above data is reading here, friends rides, other forums and manufacturers sites I have never been interested in the colored wraps like you see on commercial vehicles and have zero research in those.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies because this doesn’t directly answer your question but I researched both full wrap ppf and ceramic coating (and doing both). What I ended up deciding on is painting my Bronco when the time comes. It looks to be about the same price and I would be able to choose a custom color that no one else has. Wraps or coats just won’t accomplish what I want them to, like protecting from striping, especially for thousands of dollars.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/âť“-the-mother-of-all-bronco-faqs-thread.18607/

You might check out that post it has a great common acronyms list frequently used on the site. Shoutout to @Thed for pulling it together.
Sponsored