Sponsored

Awful sounds from rear bronco hardtop. Any ideas?

bobzules

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking for help from the community and ford. Please see the attached video, sounds are awfully loud and occur especially at low speeds 0-40, worse on bumps.

Things I Tested:
1. I took the tire off thinking it was the tailgate as the issue and the big tire hardtop was still on and noise still there.
2. Rear hardtop off, tire off, noise gone.
3. Rear hardtop off, tire on, noise gone.

Confirmed source of problem but can't seem to narrow it down. Maybe @Ford Motor Company can fix this or has a resolution. Any help, thanks.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hard to tell but it might be the tailgate rubbing the rear glass seal. That's what made a similar noise on mine. Put some silicone grease on there, that quieted mine right up.

Don't use WD40 or any other petroleum based product as they have a tendency to degrade rubber over time.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Might try some graphite lubricant between where the top meets the body panel. It might give a little "slip" to stop the squeak and not attract dirt/dust like silicone or lithium lube.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looking for help from the community and ford. Please see the attached video, sounds are awfully loud and occur especially at low speeds 0-40, worse on bumps.

Things I Tested:
1. I took the tire off thinking it was the tailgate as the issue and the big tire hardtop was still on and noise still there.
2. Rear hardtop off, tire off, noise gone.
3. Rear hardtop off, tire on, noise gone.

Confirmed source of problem but can't seem to narrow it down. Maybe @Ford Motor Company can fix this or has a resolution. Any help, thanks.

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.