Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for posting this, will be keeping an eye out!
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Two new pictures from the Lightning forum, was delivered November 12th so they're showing up at the dealers now.

agml (1).jpeg

AGM lightning (1).jpeg
Thanks for doing legwork for the Bronco community!

And now onto that color: yikes! So AZM was chosen after the colors and materials team came down from a week-long coke bender on top of a Ford service department and the highest ranking manager yelled down at the Rockstars that had already fallen into the lot below:

"DO YOU HEAR ME, ROCKSTARS, I WANT A PAINT COLOR THE SAME AS THIS AWNING AND I WANT IT NOW!"

Area 52 was born that day. Followed by a 30 hour recovery sleep.

Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club AGM lightning (1)

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for doing legwork for the Bronco community!

And now onto that color: yikes! So AZM was chosen after the colors and materials team came down from a week-long coke bender on top of a Ford service department and the highest ranking manager yelled down at the Rockstars that had already fallen into the lot below:

"DO YOU HEAR ME, ROCKSTARS, I WANT A PAINT COLOR THE SAME AS THIS AWNING AND I WANT IT NOW!"

Area 52 was born that day. Followed by a 30 hour recovery sleep.

Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club AGM lightning (1)
It is super strange that they have 2 colors so close and besides Red no other colors for heritage. A lot about this Bronco rollout has been super strange. I currently have it selected as not really a Red guy. Want to see how much metallic in person. Damn I wish they gave us some real colors and didn’t charge $1k for them.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is super strange that they have 2 colors so close and besides Red no other colors for heritage. A lot about this Bronco rollout has been super strange. I currently have it selected as not really a Red guy. Want to see how much metallic in person. Damn I wish they gave us some real colors and didn’t charge $1k for them.
The extra $1k is likely just materials costs for something they didn't already pay for 3 years ago as is usual with paint materials.

Either other tri-coats will go to that up-charge as they come online in the future, or one of the FoMoCo accountants had to cover their incidentals from a business trip in Vegas that would make a rapper blush. Either way, a $1k markup to look like a Ford service department awning is absurd. Meaning people will flock to this color.

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I, too, am anxious to see the metallic content. My guess is that it will be like the other 3-stage color - orange - where you have to get it in plenty of light to see the metallic, and then you can see there is quite a bit of metallic in it. I don't know if the metallic color goes on in the first layer or ?, but it seems to get lost in the final result. All you have to do to see that buyers want a little more "color" option is to look at the spreadsheets for 2023's. Nearly 1/3 of the orders are either Eruption Green or Velocity Blue - both very metallic, bright colors.

Sponsored

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Sequoia Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Decided to swing by the dealership today in the off chance that a AGM F150 was in and I was lucky.

Pictures really do take away from this color. No matter what angle I got or how the light hit it, I could not get the color to show in the pictures correctly.

I Have to say, it is good looking color and I'm not hesitent about my last min swap at all.. I will try to get something in more light later this week.

Back less light.jpg

Closer Back less light.jpg

MultiLight.jpg

Side Profile 2.jpg

Side Profile.jpg

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I, too, am anxious to see the metallic content. My guess is that it will be like the other 3-stage color - orange - where you have to get it in plenty of light to see the metallic, and then you can see there is quite a bit of metallic in it. I don't know if the metallic color goes on in the first layer or ?, but it seems to get lost in the final result. All you have to do to see that buyers want a little more "color" option is to look at the spreadsheets for 2023's. Nearly 1/3 of the orders are either Eruption Green or Velocity Blue - both very metallic, bright colors.
Yes they need more colors and less black, white,silver, grays. When i ordered my 2021 velocity blue it was less then 10% of the color choices. But now that people have seen it along with EG. people realize that the Bronco is much better in color.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Decided to swing by the dealership today in the off chance that a AGM F150 was in and I was lucky.

Pictures really do take away from this color. No matter what angle I got or how the light hit it, I could not get the color to show in the pictures correctly.

I Have to say, it is good looking color and I'm not hesitent about my last min swap at all.. I will try to get something in more light later this week.

Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club Side Profile

I'm sure this has more pop in person but looks very flat with photos.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does the metallic pop in person?

Sponsored

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Sequoia Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Each person has a different expectation of pop, but in my opinion it has the right amount of pop. This color is what, again in my opinion, I believed A51 should have looked like according to pictures leading up to seeing in person.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Each person has a different expectation of pop, but in my opinion it has the right amount of pop. This color is what, again in my opinion, I believed A51 should have looked like according to pictures leading up to seeing in person.
I'm trying to envision a white top.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm trying to envision a white top.
On the pictures of the Raptor you can see how the white letters on the decal are pretty bright against the AGM and there's allot of white on the HE, it's going to look good!

Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club Screenshot_20221031-193233

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't seen the azure blue in person, but my guess, since they are both tricoat colors, is that it will be like the cyber orange tricoat - if you look at a cyber orange up close in the sun, you will see there is quite a bit of metallic deep in the paint........... it just doesn't "come to the top" like the eruption green and velocity blue do. I'm sure it has to do with the three stage process.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I, too, am anxious to see the metallic content. My guess is that it will be like the other 3-stage color - orange - where you have to get it in plenty of light to see the metallic, and then you can see there is quite a bit of metallic in it. I don't know if the metallic color goes on in the first layer or ?, but it seems to get lost in the final result.
It's a tri-coat..... Colored primer coat, paint layer (typically with metal flake in it) coat, tinted clear coat... "tri-coat".

Its the same reason that metallic flake "pops" more when burried under clear coat, except in this case, the tinted clear can be used to alter the color or effect, usually at the small sacrifice of outright sparkle from the metallic.

in traditional hot rods this would be called a "kandy" or "candy" paint (depending on age of the car and style).

B6G forum member @broadicustomworks painted this '46 in brandywine candy as an example of this in a true hand-sprayed custom paint looks over different base colors (Black, silver and gray) and with or without metallic to the paint layer.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/showcase/1946-chevy-styleline-coupe-custom-paint.200/

people realize that the Bronco is much better in color.
Tell that to the Colors & Materials Team, they seem to think otherwise.

Why else would we be on the path of a 3-year evolution which turned A51 into A52 (offering both at the same time) and losing the launch color of Cyber Orange?
Sponsored