Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tangential point: is the goal for Bronco to have all paint colors in grayscale?
Man. I’m not even asking for wild options. Like, how unreasonable is it to hope for a tan or brown color?
Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yah I don't know if it's misleading as much as just how it is.

For example, I have cactus grey and I could take 3 different pictures while walking around the Bronco and it would show up as 3 different colours. I find it near impossible to relay a colour through video or photo.

For example...

IMG_20211002_083648.jpg

IMG_20210911_105257.jpg

FB_IMG_1631158006415.jpg

1626306235768_image.png

IMG_20220910_130302.jpg
That's because most phone cameras are horrendous at white balance. You can capture the color properly if you white balance the pic. :)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Saw a Saber Ranger yesterday, that's a rare bird. (And still a better tri-coat than AGM)

Many times something being rare doesn't make it valuable or desirable.

Saber-Ranger.jpg

Tangential point: is the goal for Bronco to have all paint colors in grayscale?
I see you point but the only value or desire I can speak to is my own. I won't be purchasing this to flip or to fund my kids college, it'll be driven as intended and its worth will be derived from that. I have plenty of things that are worthless to others but are gold to me, if it turns out that I'm adding one more then count me blessed.

As for the appearance of AGM, I don't think it is necessarily pivotal of Ford switching to an all grayscale palette. The loss of Rapid Red and AMB before it opened up EG and HPR which are pretty vibrant add in REB, Yellowstone, and Peak Blue (albeit limited) and I feel that palette is somewhat balanced although not perfect for some.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford released official pictures of Azure Gray Metallic boredom.

As seen on the '97 Explorer and 2005+ F150's.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic photos? 1663551433282

Never one to lead the charge, this color was also previewed by Isuzu in the 90's.

I can feel the Heritage of this color!

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic photos? 1663555948746

PPJJFF

Heritage
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and BMW 428I
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I see you point but the only value or desire I can speak to is my own. I won't be purchasing this to flip or to fund my kids college, it'll be driven as intended and its worth will be derived from that. I have plenty of things that are worthless to others but are gold to me, if it turns out that I'm adding one more then count me blessed.

As for the appearance of AGM, I don't think it is necessarily pivotal of Ford switching to an all grayscale palette. The loss of Rapid Red and AMB before it opened up EG and HPR which are pretty vibrant add in REB, Yellowstone, and Peak Blue (albeit limited) and I feel that palette is somewhat balanced although not perfect for some.
4 Color choices in the Silver/Gray is a bit much. 2 would be plenty. Siting's of Yellowstone OR Peak Blue (if that's what we're getting) fall into slim or none. Good balance if we had Antimatter Blue or Rapid Red replacing some of the Gray choices. If this is the final line-up.....its a big swing and miss for me.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

4 Color choices in the Silver/Gray is a bit much. 2 would be plenty. Siting's of Yellowstone OR Peak Blue (if that's what we're getting) fall into slim or none. Good balance if we had Antimatter Blue or Rapid Red replacing some of the Gray choices. If this is the final line-up.....its a big swing and miss for me.
Trust me, I would have loved to have more new color options and no idea why Ford didn't offer the existing lineup with the HE and let the consumer make their choice.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's because most phone cameras are horrendous at white balance. You can capture the color properly if you white balance the pic. :)
Well I was implying that based on Sun, clouds, shadows, and any other meteorological and geographical factors, you could capture the colour perfectly but like cactus grey, there are many forms of the colour based on circumstances. For all we know, that may not even have been azure grey. Could have been another grey but looked like a new colour because of the lighting outside.

Sponsored

bstoked

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree, I'm CO right now and have no idea what color I'll go with if I don't get a 22 and it's gone in 23. Way too many white, black, gray and silver vehicles out there... Nothing against anyone that chooses those colors, I just like unique.
Agree on that note. Also here in CO and all the dark colors look dirty ALL the time because we use our vehicles to have fun. Not sure what color to get now. Over two years since my reservation date and I'm SO frustrated.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know what's what anymore. They look the same. Is the only difference that one is metallic?

Azure gray:

Area 51:

Area 51:
From the samples, you would think pics 1 and 3 were Area 51 and pic 2 was AGM...?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Seeing last nights F250 SD has me now not considering Azure Gray.
Did you see the TFL video of the same truck?

AGM is a crazy color, the one you posted looks powder blue to me and the TFL blue gray. I'm still liking but man it needs to make its mind up what it wants to be.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you see the TFL video of the same truck?

AGM is a crazy color, the one you posted looks powder blue to me and the TFL blue gray. I'm still liking but man it needs to make its mind up what it wants to be.
Yes. I saw the TFL clip. That captured a hue of blue that was still acceptable, but borderline. But seeing the birght lights on the same vehicle makes it look powder blue. I'm at a loss. Was hoping for something that was closer to the mustang (discussed in another thread).
Sponsored