Stomper

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a former arctic jeep owner, you never have to wash that color. It simply doesnt show dirt. (Mud, on the other hand…)

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All the hoop steppery got me panicked that I optioned out weight-bearing rock rails by adding it to my Black Diamond. Went on a bit of binge and think I figured something out. Hopefully...but who knows with Ford.

When your have a rock-railed model (BD or BL), the hoop step seems to mount a bit differently and still utilizes the rock rails. In Big Bend, though, you get these new rounded, non-weight bearing rails and the step bolts on through the inner face.

20220920_155439.jpg

I knownits totally off the topic of Area 52, but there's a lot of rail talk going on!

Just some B&P sleuthing. Sure hope that's the case at least.
So have you received your order to confirm ? I just included these in my converted order and I’m wondering the same thing

Sponsored

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So have you received your order to confirm ? I just included these in my converted order and I’m wondering the same thing
Don't do it. New B&P says it replaces the rock rails now. Basically you trade 1.5x vehicle weight bearing steel rails for aluminum hoop step mounts. Unfortunately.

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

New B&P...it will now remove the standard rock rails. Darn.
Well looks like I will be calling to change my order on Monday. Thanks for the info. Apparently I should have clicked on the description prior to adding it to my order.

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't do it. New B&P says it replaces the rock rails now. Basically you trade 1.5x vehicle weight bearing steel rails for aluminum hoop step mounts. Unfortunately.
Thanks. Looks like I’ll be making a phone call to make a change. Glad I decided to do a search for this.