First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you would be correct. in simple terms, clipping is very bad. (and is a form of distortion. but only one form)

i didnt take offense, sorry if it came off that way. just want to make sure we are not misusing terms. when it comes to power, i see it constantly.
Also, with your replacement have you noticed any issues with clipping/destroying your speaker? Or have you stopped listening to music at high volume?
Sponsored

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Swapped in a warranty replacement Kicker speaker today. Fingers crossed this one holds up. I really don't want to pull them all out and return them.
Also, with your replacement have you noticed any issues with clipping/destroying your speaker? Or have you stopped listening to music at high volume?

Umichigan1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what is your recommendation to prevent this clipping when using the stock amplifier?
I'm afraid that if we are limited to using a stock system then there is very little that can be done. If you blew a Kicker speaker connected to the oem B&O system you either had the system turned up too much or there was a defect in the speaker. If you are insistent that you prefer your music that loud your best option will be to upgrade not just the speakers but the amp and wiring as well. You'll need 1 or more line out converters at the minimum and an amplifier(s) to support each of the speakers.

OP
OP

Westbayou

Wildtrak
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No issues since replacing the speaker. The speaker blew at Volume 15, so 3/4 of the way up. I've been hesitant since then to go above that level.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does B&O consider the "COAX" speakers on the dash to be QTY=2 at each location? I'm having a hard time counting to "10 speakers".
Marketing people would tell you the number of grains of sand on a beachfront property they were trying to sell if they though it would help.

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Others have mentioned 300hz bass blockers. It seems that the 4 inchers run on the same channel as the 6.5 kick panel speakers. The factory speakers have built in crossovers.

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am in the same boat. Looks like I have blown my driver side dash speaker (JL C1-400X 4") B&O system amp. I didn't install any bass blockers but do have 300Hz blockers that I decided not to use after purchase (My bad) and considering buying different speakers anyways since I felt the JL C1-400X were too bright for my taste. I am debating to either replace with Hertz DCX 100.3 Dieci Series, or Kicker 47KSC404 4" speakers with 300Hz bass blockers. Open to recommendations.

FYI, I play my music between 15-20

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same boat. Looks like I have blown my driver side dash speaker (JL C1-400X 4") B&O system amp. I didn't install any bass blockers but do have 300Hz blockers that I decided not to use after purchase (My bad) and considering buying different speakers anyways since I felt the JL C1-400X were too bright for my taste. I am debating to either replace with Hertz DCX 100.3 Dieci Series, or Kicker 47KSC404 4" speakers with 300Hz bass blockers. Open to recommendations.

FYI, I play my music between 15-20
That's odd to hear it blew, I thought Ford headunit/radio/DSP has crossover which prevents certain frequencies from hitting that speaker? I plan to listen to my music at at least 20 if not more, so it worries me two different speaker brands have blown in the B&O audio setup...does Crutchfield include bass blockers?

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No issues since replacing the speaker. The speaker blew at Volume 15, so 3/4 of the way up. I've been hesitant since then to go above that level.
How long did you own the speaker before it blew? I saw its still under warranty, so within 60 days? I ask because I want to purchase speakers for a swap but am hesitant to do the swap if there is a chance to blow speakers when listening to near max volume.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Westbayou

Wildtrak
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How long did you own the speaker before it blew? I saw its still under warranty, so within 60 days? I ask because I want to purchase speakers for a swap but am hesitant to do the swap if there is a chance to blow speakers when listening to near max volume.
Crutchfield has a 60-90 day warranty no questions asked. I think I was at like 45 days or something, maybe even less when the Kicker blew.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, I have not blown my Kicker KSC404's or my PRV 4MR60's yet. The PRV's are only rated at 30W so they may go first when/if I do blow something.
I also have the KSC404s and they sound great. I almost got the 46CSC44s but after doing a little ore research I am glad I spent a bit more cash.

My guess is that the OP just got a defective speaker.

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's odd to hear it blew, I thought Ford headunit/radio/DSP has crossover which prevents certain frequencies from hitting that speaker? I plan to listen to my music at at least 20 if not more, so it worries me two different speaker brands have blown in the B&O audio setup...does Crutchfield include bass blockers?
I actually did buy my JL's from Crutchfield and used their included speaker adaptors (Metra 72-5603 Speaker Wire Harness) for the dashboard which aren't blocking any bass. I'm going to reach out and see what they can do as I bought the speakers from back in August.

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have the KSC404s and they sound great. I almost got the 46CSC44s but after doing a little ore research I am glad I spent a bit more cash.

My guess is that the OP just got a defective speaker.
Did you just do a speaker swap, no change to the amp? Also what is you "typical listening volume"?
Sponsored