First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a question and looking for some insight . In the B & O system, the rear speakers are not amplified off the factory B & O amplifier and receive low power from the acm . I’ve talked to a few members who were interested in adding more power to the rear pods with the B&O system . As most people know the B &O system, even though premium sound is still lacking compared to many other higher end premium sound systems. . For members with the B&O system, do you feel that the front stage is sufficient and with the rear having more power would balance out the system ? I spoke with a few members who ask for this option . I still believe the correct way to upgrade from the B & O system in a bronco is to replace all speakers at a six channel amplifier to re-amplify the entire system. .
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a question and looking for some insight . In the B & O system, the rear speakers are not amplified off the factory B & O amplifier and receive low power from the acm . I’ve talked to a few members who were interested in adding more power to the rear pods with the B&O system . As most people know the B &O system, even though premium sound is still lacking compared to many other higher end premium sound systems. . For members with the B&O system, do you feel that the front stage is sufficient and with the rear having more power would balance out the system ? I spoke with a few members who ask for this option . I still believe the correct way to upgrade from the B & O system in a bronco is to replace all speakers at a six channel amplifier to re-amplify the entire system. .
I think the issue is that the front stage in the B&O, especially in surround mode is 3 speakers that are literally in your face, but the rears are set way back. Just amplifying the rears may not work given the nature of them still only being 4" speakers. You'd either have to upgrade to 6.5 pods AND amplify or if keeping the 4" drop fader towards the rear a bit. Swapping all speakers and adding an amp to the sub seems to be the most bang for your buck.

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ll go with an unpopular opinion…
To an audiophile or someone that values rich midtones and sharp bass, the B&O is trash.
For me, I just want to stream my Spotify, crank it up to drown out some of the wind noise, and get minimal distortion.
After reading all the upgrade threads and reviews here prior, i was expecting something truly awful from the B&O, but when I picked up my 23 with Lux I was was pleasantly surprised it wasn’t as bad as i thought. I do ride with it faded to the front as when I went to the rear I just couldn’t get decent volume at 75 mph.
If there was a quick, plug and play solution for the rear to sound better I’ll probably buy it.
I will probably upgrade speakers one day was well, but it will strictly be a plug and play. I really don’t want to be running wires, mini amps, etc…
Just my 2 pennies for whatever they’re worth.

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for your reply . I do have a solution that allow you to amplify only the rear speakers . So swapping them out for some aftermarket speakers, or even upgrading to the 6 1/2 inch pods And giving the 6 1/2 speakers 100 watts each

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having done both, I would definitely recommend upgrading the rear pods to 6.5 and not just replacing the 4” speakers

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just added the SSV WORKS REAR PODS with Kicker Speakers and WOW, These Speakers Sound Great! I have a Wildtrak with the B&O system and basically the rear speakers that came with the system are worthless. Adding the Kicker speakers is a huge upgrade. Easy to install plug and play, look great, sound awesome. I believe this is a MUST DO UPGRADE.

Rory

Badlands
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sas, Corvette E-RAY, Tesla Model X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just added the SSV WORKS REAR PODS with Kicker Speakers and WOW, These Speakers Sound Great! I have a Wildtrak with the B&O system and basically the rear speakers that came with the system are worthless. Adding the Kicker speakers is a huge upgrade. Easy to install plug and play, look great, sound awesome. I believe this is a MUST DO UPGRADE.
Did the same upgrade yesterday on same B&O set-up. Also went with the Kickers. Amazing improvement in sound. Ok - it’s not audiophile - it’s a Bronco but it sounds pretty damn good. Worth doing for sure.

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will add these options under the bronco B & O listing shortly

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for your reply . I do have a solution that allow you to amplify only the rear speakers . So swapping them out for some aftermarket speakers, or even upgrading to the 6 1/2 inch pods And giving the 6 1/2 speakers 100 watts each
I have heard that the rear speakers don't have a full range signal. Is that true and is a there a workaround for that for the B&O setup?

mnhoops

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Black Diamond 2.3L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did the same upgrade yesterday on same B&O set-up. Also went with the Kickers. Amazing improvement in sound. Ok - it’s not audiophile - it’s a Bronco but it sounds pretty damn good. Worth doing for sure.
Did this same upgrade last week & agree it's a huge improvement. Worth every penny. Much thanks to u/Switchworks_Kyle for the guidance.

Switchworks_Kyle

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Joe,

You can DM me for a discount code on our site. Also if you have any questions you can ask me or give us a call and talk to James to help you out. You will not be disappointed on our pods and we offer a great warranty on them too!
Sponsored