First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you’ll be fine. I liked the B&O but just wanted to tinker as well. I think if you turn on surround and turn down your EQ you’ll be fine. I don’t have the bad rattle everyone else does but my EQ is low and I listen to the stereo at 13-17 range (top on).
Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My previous cars were high end European brands. By those standards, the B&O is ok compared to their "normal" stereos. Compared to a "high end" factory radio from them, the B&O is junk. I didn't expect anything great, but it is the most underwhelming part of the car IMO. The good news is it can be fixed for a small amount of money.

Option 1: Replace the 3 4" speakers in the front dash -- $250 (can be done for less depending on speakers you choose) -- pretty easy install

Option 2: Replace all 5 4" speakers -- $350 (can be done for less depending on speakers you choose) -- rear speakers are the easiest to replace

Option 2a: Replace all 5 4" speakers and the 2 6.5" kick panels -- $500 (I think you get less bang for the buck replacing the 6.5" speakers and could skip this and go right to adding a new sub) -- 6.5" speakers are fairly easy, maybe a little more time then the dash speakers.

Option 3: Replace the aforementioned 4" factory speakers (optional 6.5" replacement as well) plus the factory sub. This likely requires a stereo shop and will cost an additional $700 to a couple grand (if you want to go crazy with a nice amp/sub) over the initial $350-500 investment.

Option 4: Replace the factory amp with a Nav A2B kit, add a new amp for the mids/highs, good component set up front, etc. This is a $3k+ option.
I'm thinking about an option 0.5 which is add some sound deadening behind and around the factory speakers, plus polyfill the sub encolsure. I already have all the stuff from other projects so should be free and easy. Can't hurt anyways.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had much time with my B&O yet, but I was pleasantly surprised by it, given some of the negative posts and number of people already upgrading it.

When I get a vehicle, the first thing I usually do is replace the speakers and head unit. With the B&O, though, I see no need.

I might upgrade some speakers eventually, to get a little better volume or sound, but there is definitely no rush.

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm very happy with the B&O audio system. I know people love to complain if something isn't 10/10, but given the design and space constraints Ford was working with for a fully open air vehicle, I think the B&O system is pretty impressive.

FWIW - The non B&O system, however, is honestly the worst stereo I've heard since like cassette tape days. Drove a Base one day at the Austin Off Roadeo and my brother and I were like WTF? It's really like they didn't even try.
Sponsored