Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Hey everyone,

I have been readings tons of posts about people going through a ton of work gutting their B&O systems.

B&O is part of the reason I offered Lux package. I do know aftermarket systems are superior to factory systems.

My question is that I am by no means an Audiophile, but is the system truly that bad? The way posts are on here it seems like the B&O is worst system ever placed in a vehicle.

Can anyone who has the B&O system comment on how it is as a factory system?

Did you first listen and immediately think how crappy it is? Or the opposite.

Guess I’m looking for feedback from people who don’t normally tinker their stereos.

Thanks all.
Sponsored

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not an audiophile, but I appreciate clean and clear music with decent base. The B&O is amazing to me. My 2018 f150 with the standard radio, XLT with Nav, was just meh. My 2011 mustang with the Mach 500 is pretty good. The B&O in the Bronco is way better than I anticipated with all the crappy reviews. Normal listening volume at 75 mph on the highway is about 8 to 10, but it is clear and sounds great up into the upper 20’s. Turn on the surround setting and turn down the mids on the equalizer. Best sound quality is streaming music from my phone. Sirius sound quality is pretty bad.

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t know the first thing about car audio and stereos. The B&O sounded awesome honestly. Have nothing to compare it to other than an old Tacoma, but I thought it was great.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not bad, I was impressed at first, once I fixed the rattles all around the sub. The plastic trim needs some foam in a couple spots to tighten things up.
It doesn't need to be upgraded and is fine for daily use for most people.
I am upgrading the 4" speakers all the way around just because, I guess, something to wrench on/I'm bored, and I might get a little cleaner sound quality too.

Sponsored

Kamikazi_bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the B&O and I really like it... It's clear and loud enough for me needs.

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Coming from a 2007 Dodge Caliber the B&O system sounds amazing. I did tons of audio systems in my early 20s and this system is totally fine for us normal users. I would rather spend money on better Hi fi speakers inside my house. The only thing I am going to do is apply some kilmat to dampen rattles around the sub.

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My previous cars were high end European brands. By those standards, the B&O is ok compared to their "normal" stereos. Compared to a "high end" factory radio from them, the B&O is junk. I didn't expect anything great, but it is the most underwhelming part of the car IMO. The good news is it can be fixed for a small amount of money.

Option 1: Replace the 3 4" speakers in the front dash -- $250 (can be done for less depending on speakers you choose) -- pretty easy install

Option 2: Replace all 5 4" speakers -- $350 (can be done for less depending on speakers you choose) -- rear speakers are the easiest to replace

Option 2a: Replace all 5 4" speakers and the 2 6.5" kick panels -- $500 (I think you get less bang for the buck replacing the 6.5" speakers and could skip this and go right to adding a new sub) -- 6.5" speakers are fairly easy, maybe a little more time then the dash speakers.

Option 3: Replace the aforementioned 4" factory speakers (optional 6.5" replacement as well) plus the factory sub. This likely requires a stereo shop and will cost an additional $700 to a couple grand (if you want to go crazy with a nice amp/sub) over the initial $350-500 investment.

Option 4: Replace the factory amp with a Nav A2B kit, add a new amp for the mids/highs, good component set up front, etc. This is a $3k+ option.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My previous cars were high end European brands. By those standards, the B&O is ok compared to their "normal" stereos. Compared to a "high end" factory radio from them, the B&O is junk. I didn't expect anything great, but it is the most underwhelming part of the car IMO. The good news is it can be fixed for a small amount of money.

Option 1: Replace the 3 4" speakers in the front dash -- $250 (can be done for less depending on speakers you choose) -- pretty easy install

Option 2: Replace all 5 4" speakers -- $350 (can be done for less depending on speakers you choose) -- rear speakers are the easiest to replace

Option 2a: Replace all 5 4" speakers and the 2 6.5" kick panels -- $500 (I think you get less bang for the buck replacing the 6.5" speakers and could skip this and go right to adding a new sub) -- 6.5" speakers are fairly easy, maybe a little more time then the dash speakers.

Option 3: Replace the aforementioned 4" factory speakers (optional 6.5" replacement as well) plus the factory sub. This likely requires a stereo shop and will cost an additional $700 to a couple grand (if you want to go crazy with a nice amp/sub) over the initial $350-500 investment.

Option 4: Replace the factory amp with a Nav A2B kit, add a new amp for the mids/highs, good component set up front, etc. This is a $3k+ option.
very helpful. thanks

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really depends on what you are listening to. I'm no audiophile so I can't speak to what is considered good or not. When I first cranked the stereo I put some Beastie Boys - High Plains Drifter on and thought "wow... what were people complaining about? This sounds great. Much better than the Harmon Kardon system in my Subaru". But then I turned on some Massive Attack - Angel and realized "aaahhhh... this is what people are complaining about". Sounded awful and so much worse than my HK system. So thus far... some things sound better... some things sound worse. I'd like to upgrade it enough to where all things sound better than my HK.

Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it. Loud enough to hear at high speeds (believe me, the wind noise from this brick is daunting at times). I may change out some speakers at some point but the B&O system is head and shoulders above what was considered a stereo in the FJ Cruiser.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I've noticed is with the soft top up, the B&O system sounds decent. I don't have a rattling sub or any other issues with it so far. However, with the top down, I have to have the volume at 18-20 for it to sound half decent.

The upgraded Alpine system in our Jeep Grand Cherokee is far superior and one of the best 'factory' systems that I've heard.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds great if you’ve never experienced better. Meaning for most people yeah, it’s perfectly fine. The rattles are a thing and kind of annoying, but prt of the jeep tradepff thing.

There is a sales invite only event in Dover Plains, NY are you going? I’ll be there April 12th if you want to hear it.

OP
OP

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds great if you’ve never experienced better. Meaning for most people yeah, it’s perfectly fine. The rattles are a thing and kind of annoying, but prt of the jeep tradepff thing.

There is a sales invite only event in Dover Plains, NY are you going? I’ll be there April 12th if you want to hear it.
Hi! What is a sales event?
I have an order I’m still waiting for.

I’m going to NY auto show to see one up close haha.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco B&O Sound / Non Audiophile 49856E94-455C-4438-91F7-B7D96BA1E145

Try signing up here. I can’t believe nobody is talking about going. 1-1/2 hra of driving and sales speak. If they do the nh roadeo again you should definitely do that too.
Sponsored