Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

I have a 2 door with the B&O system and honestly I’d be happy with how it sounds… except that the sub has a very odd “popping” sound on some songs at very moderate volume levels.

I thought maybe it was trim rattling, but after I got back there with a song playing it really abounds like the sub itself is popping or maybe rubbing against something when the cone vibrates? It’s odd

anyone else with the B&o system experiencing this as normal or should I take it to the dealer?
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine sounds great, but I did put some foam behind it. Not an easy task.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have not experienced this problem. You might take it to the dealer and have it checked.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey all,

I have a 2 door with the B&O system and honestly I’d be happy with how it sounds… except that the sub has a very odd “popping” sound on some songs at very moderate volume levels.

I thought maybe it was trim rattling, but after I got back there with a song playing it really abounds like the sub itself is popping or maybe rubbing against something when the cone vibrates? It’s odd

anyone else with the B&o system experiencing this as normal or should I take it to the dealer?
Hi there! Would you care to private message us with your VIN and dealership name and location? I'd like to look into this concern for you.

Stilbukn

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco, '13 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine has been great and very pleased with it. Good looking out Ford, great to see a quick response to the thread.

Sponsored

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Pop" or rattles/vibration? Most people have had to put things in the area of the sub to either stiffen or dampen the plastic to limit vibration. I had some extra "sound assassin" strips from a Hothead liner install. I also placed pieces of wide tape around the back of connectors in the area.
I don't think the people who tested the Bronco were listening to their music very loud :rolleyes:

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Cold_steel

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Cold_steel

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Pop" or rattles/vibration? Most people have had to put things in the area of the sub to either stiffen or dampen the plastic to limit vibration. I had some extra "sound assassin" strips from a Hothead liner install. I also placed pieces of wide tape around the back of connectors in the area.
I don't think the people who tested the Bronco were listening to their music very loud :rolleyes:
I thought it was trim rattling at first, but once I got back there next to the sub I can hold all of the trim and the sound still happens- it’s hard to describe but it’s a popping sound on certain frequencies. Low to moderate volume. Any higher than that and it’s not tolerable.

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

mine also does that noise . also no sound into front channels only rear. returned to dealer says no part available to replace the bo lux amp.

Sponsored

50Mustang

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all,

I have a 2DR Lux as well, and getting the exact same popping sound as you are. I've slapped the sub and panel around a few time and that would fix it momentarily.

BroncoMO

First Edition
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2021 FE 4 door and the sub / rear plastic rattles so bad I turned the sub down to limit the horrible rattle. Frustrating

Ruby22

Wildtrak
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi there! Would you care to private message us with your VIN and dealership name and location? I'd like to look into this concern for you.
I have the same problem. I have had my bronco for 5 days. Mine vibrates and sounds broken.

Saltwater Native

Badlands
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just picked up bronco less than a week ago, and I am having the exact same issue.

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
it's very possible the fasteners that attach something in that area are a touch loose and you are hearing it slide over one thread one way or the other and back again, id recommend checking the bolts behind the rear quarter panel or just bringing it to the dealer. my friends bronco was fixed with a few turns of a socket.
Sponsored