Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all. Having an issue of a very annoying buzzing with the base. It’s somewhere behind the subwoofer panel but I have no idea how to remove the panel. My question is, would something like this be covered under warranty? Or does anyone have instructions on how to remove that subwoofer panel? The buzzing is getting worse so it likely something loose or pressing against the woofer.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all. Having an issue of a very annoying buzzing with the base. It’s somewhere behind the subwoofer panel but I have no idea how to remove the panel. My question is, would something like this be covered under warranty? Or does anyone have instructions on how to remove that subwoofer panel? The buzzing is getting worse so it likely something loose or pressing against the woofer.
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a known issue that a lot of owners here have been experiencing, including myself. I'm having the dealership look into it when I do my service this week. I didn't want to attempt to remove the panel myself and break anything. I will let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
CJK

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Sent you a message. Thank you.

OP
OP
CJK

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a known issue that a lot of owners here have been experiencing, including myself. I'm having the dealership look into it when I do my service this week. I didn't want to attempt to remove the panel myself and break anything. I will let you know how it goes.
Please do. I’m going to schedule my first service soon so I am hoping this is addressed. Noises inside a vehicle is one of my biggest pet peeves. I love my music so this is definitely not making me happy. 😆

Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I noticed that when I opened the 12V power point, a good portion of the buzzing stopped. I had installed a liftgate light that's always plugged in, so I kind of stumbled onto this. But it reduced buzzing a lot.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On my First Edition, I removed the back panel and tracked it down to the entire subwoofer housing rattling around. I tried to tighten everything and it help but still rattled. I ended up taking some spare pieces of Dynamat I had left over and lined the inside and backside of the sub box and put it back in. Buzz is gone finally. What a pain

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had this issue, dealership replaced the woofer. They broke my trim when they did it, but they did it.....

OP
OP
CJK

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I noticed that when I opened the 12V power point, a good portion of the buzzing stopped. I had installed a liftgate light that's always plugged in, so I kind of stumbled onto this. But it reduced buzzing a lot.
when I press against the panel it stops the buzzing but I don’t think I should have to pull apart my bronco and try to fix that. It could void my warranty. I’ll see if plugging something into that 12v outlet works but I doubt it. It seems to be the panel vibrating.

OP
OP
CJK

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had this issue, dealership replaced the woofer. They broke my trim when they did it, but they did it.....
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully this is fixed for me under warranty….without breaking anything. ☺