Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My first post to bronco6g.
Preface this by saying I've sold Ford for the past 12+ years and still do.

Custom ordered my 22' Wildtrak 4-door Hardtop. It's pretty much loaded. 1 year order.
Have a bit over 6,500 miles on it.

Been in the shop for tech/software/stereo issues 4 times now.

This latest one....I'm at a lose.

B&O subwoofer has been absolutely buzzing, rattling, popping crazy bad for the past month.
Tossed the keys to my service writer and said lets bring it in again.
There was somewhat of a fix. The bracket plugs for the sub are tiny and they snap. All of my plugs were completely split in half. My mechanic replaced them with...well bigger plugs from Ford.
Ok, cool.

Now here is where it gets funky.....the interior "Painted" body behind the sub where main bolt mounts and has completely tore through the body. Metal body, paint and all. Both side of the hole(see picture).
He said this is the second one he's found. (He showed me pictures of that one as well)That he had actually just the prior week seen it happen on a customers Bronco.
The only fix.....felt tape.....felt tape.
Just to help the sub not rattle as much. Still rattles bad.
Mechanic contacted "Hotline" they finally got back saying that there is no fix. They don't know why, and that there is no way the subwoofer would have caused the body to split. Even though its where its mounted.:unsure:
Come on....all the plugs split, now all the weight of the sub is on one main top bolt in this floating bracket. The customer doesn't know and it tears through.

The actual fix....and only possible fix according to my mechanics is to actually reweld the body....ya

Oh its also been in the shop for the "Smart" wipers failing in a rainstorm on the Highway. (That was fun/scary)
Driver side window over retracting and almost blowing out when I shut the door (couldn't secure my Bronco for almost a week)
Touch screen freezes/locks up 4-5 times a week (one time after work screen never shut off, didn't notice for 4 hours)

I love my Bronco, I do.
Nothing like driving around with the top off, my girl in the passenger seat, sunset in the mirror. I love it.

But holy shit the tech issues. They're too techy and over-engineered.

Anyone else have this issue???? Body split through metal and paint on the Woofer wall!?!

Signed,
Cracked Body in Cali.

IMG_20240318_144404.jpg

IMG_20240318_144410.jpg

IMG_20240318_144414.jpg
Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My first post to bronco6g.
Preface this by saying I've sold Ford for the past 12+ years and still do.

Custom ordered my 22' Wildtrak 4-door Hardtop. It's pretty much loaded. 1 year order.
Have a bit over 6,500 miles on it.

Been in the shop for tech/software/stereo issues 4 times now.

This latest one....I'm at a lose.

B&O subwoofer has been absolutely buzzing, rattling, popping crazy bad for the past month.
Tossed the keys to my service writer and said lets bring it in again.
There was somewhat of a fix. The bracket plugs for the sub are tiny and they snap. All of my plugs were completely split in half. My mechanic replaced them with...well bigger plugs from Ford.
Ok, cool.

Now here is where it gets funky.....the interior "Painted" body behind the sub where main bolt mounts and has completely tore through the body. Metal body, paint and all. Both side of the hole(see picture).
He said this is the second one he's found. (He showed me pictures of that one as well)That he had actually just the prior week seen it happen on a customers Bronco.
The only fix.....felt tape.....felt tape.
Just to help the sub not rattle as much. Still rattles bad.
Mechanic contacted "Hotline" they finally got back saying that there is no fix. They don't know why, and that there is no way the subwoofer would have caused the body to split. Even though its where its mounted.:unsure:
Come on....all the plugs split, now all the weight of the sub is on one main top bolt in this floating bracket. The customer doesn't know and it tears through.

The actual fix....and only possible fix according to my mechanics is to actually reweld the body....ya

Oh its also been in the shop for the "Smart" wipers failing in a rainstorm on the Highway. (That was fun/scary)
Driver side window over retracting and almost blowing out when I shut the door (couldn't secure my Bronco for almost a week)
Touch screen freezes/locks up 4-5 times a week (one time after work screen never shut off, didn't notice for 4 hours)

I love my Bronco, I do.
Nothing like driving around with the top off, my girl in the passenger seat, sunset in the mirror. I love it.

But holy shit the tech issues. They're too techy and over-engineered.

Anyone else have this issue???? Body split through metal and paint on the Woofer wall!?!

Signed,
Cracked Body in Cali.

Ford Bronco B&O System Subwoofer Body Wall Crack IMG_20240318_144414

I wonder if they had some damaged tooling at the plant. The closeup image of the knockout appears as though it was munged in the same corner as the stress crack.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, i am afraid to look! I plan on getting mine fixed soon by an independent shop, btw 2nd sub replaced,

OP
OP
MrGreen187

MrGreen187

Wildtrak
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have factory warranty work done at a Ford shop. Easier to paper trail if you ever end up having to lemon law a vehicle.

OP
OP
MrGreen187

MrGreen187

Wildtrak
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if they had some damaged tooling at the plant. The closeup image of the knockout appears as though it was munged in the same corner as the stress crack.
It's split through on both lower corners.
Sponsored