Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great trail, we make the run a couple times a year... One of our runs is usually a night run in the summer. We get home in Gilbert around 4am.

The long difficult climb (we call it Big Sluice) is not climbable by anything but buggy's now on the difficult line. Fortunately, the traffic has formed a tight pass on the right that allows you to bypass the big ledge about 3/4 of the way up.

The other ledge in post #3 also has a waterfall to the left of it that we climb too. There isn't really any bypass for that ledge and with smaller tires you definitely have to bump your way up. It's a turn around spot for lesser 4x4's and 2wd's that have taken all the bypasses to that point.

Last year we had a full JKU build on 40's and after about 10 tries, he went around too on Big Sluice.

This was about 4 years ago and the last time I made it up the difficult line.

Sponsored

Last edited:

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bringing back memories. I used to run that trail with one of my buddies when I was in college. We thought we were hardcore with our stock beaters 20+ years ago. I know one of the runs it ended up snowing on us, and somewhere I have a picture wheeling with a snowman on my hood. Fun times.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely want to hit that backway trail someday. (i'm in phx) I won't solo it so just need a group that's somewhat competent... it's on my list.

@Shifts And Grins Fab nothing on your site's about page (or it just wasn't loading content) but was looking into what fab you do. Also what do you think about ADS sus? I've been thinking that's what I want to go with... what UCA did you run with them?
We TIG and MIG weld but stay mostly busy with production work these days. We absolutely love our ADS kit. Several friends and customers are running them now too and they also love them. One of the many things we love is that we get your full build details and make any necessary changes prior to shipping to get you the best kit out of the box. We sell our own parts and parts from some of our partners including ADS, Anvil Offroad, Diode Dynamics, and Pro Eagle Jacks. We just got into broncos in 2023 and have several of our parts coming soon. Here is our current Bronco offerings:
https://www.shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com/shop/ford-bronco/8

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely want to hit that backway trail someday. (i'm in phx) I won't solo it so just need a group that's somewhat competent... it's on my list.

@Shifts And Grins Fab nothing on your site's about page (or it just wasn't loading content) but was looking into what fab you do. Also what do you think about ADS sus? I've been thinking that's what I want to go with... what UCA did you run with them?
I forgot to mention the UCA. We are currently running a stock one. ADS has an awesome billet one they are releasing soon and we are working on fabricated ones as well.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bringing back memories. I used to run that trail with one of my buddies when I was in college. We thought we were hardcore with our stock beaters 20+ years ago. I know one of the runs it ended up snowing on us, and somewhere I have a picture wheeling with a snowman on my hood. Fun times.
It’s a fun one for sure. There are some spicy lines now if you want them. There are bypasses if you don’t. Great all around trail.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great trail, we make the run a couple times a year... One of our runs is usually a night run in the summer. We get home in Gilbert around 4am.

The long difficult climb (we call it Big Sluice) is not climbable by anything but buggy's now on the difficult line. Fortunately, the traffic has formed a tight pass on the right that allows you to bypass the big ledge about 3/4 of the way up.

The other ledge in post #3 also has a waterfall to the left of it that we climb too. There isn't really any bypass for that ledge and with smaller tires you definitely have to bump your way up. It's a turn around spot for lesser 4x4's and 2wd's that have taken all the bypasses to that point.

Last year we had a full JKU build on 40's and after about 10 tries, he went around too on Big Sluice.

This was about 4 years ago and the last time I made it up the difficult line.

Nice. I have some drone footage of that section. We opted not to take any bypasses. We are both on 37s and the Broncos handled it very well.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this trail the day after Thanksgiving in 2023 with some AZ friends. It was somewhat challenging with some of the undercut spots. Crown King was so full of buggies and SxSs, we were glad we brought lunch with us.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did this trail the day after Thanksgiving in 2023 with some AZ friends. It was somewhat challenging with some of the undercut spots. Crown King was so full of buggies and SxSs, we were glad we brought lunch with us.
I bet it was busy that day. New Year’s Day it was dead. They said it was super busy New Year’s Eve.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did that run last summer...alot of fun. The creeks were still wet, so got to splash a bit. The back way into Wickenburg is fun, too: Box Canyon/ Hassayumpa trail.

You certainly looked like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I grew up in Phoenix and did this trail on my motorcycle. It's a great trail and Crown King is a really fun little town.
I would love to do this in my Bronco but now live in Houston.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did that run last summer...alot of fun. The creeks were still wet, so got to splash a bit. The back way into Wickenburg is fun, too: Box Canyon/ Hassayumpa trail.

You certainly looked like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing.
It was super fun. We had a great trip. Looking forward to the next run.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I grew up in Phoenix and did this trail on my motorcycle. It's a great trail and Crown King is a really fun little town.
I would love to do this in my Bronco but now live in Houston.
I’ve done it on a 1998 Honda CR250, a 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ and now my Bronco. I’ve loved the trip every single time in/on all 3 vehicles.
Sponsored