Sponsored

Bad experience with plugnplaykits. AITA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there’s a custom fee or risk, intentionally bypassing it falls on who?

I’m legit asking. I’ve had to pay custom fees and sometimes I dont

it’s almost like there’s a risk in international orders….
Sponsored

OP
OP
peetuhr

peetuhr

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Classic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there’s a custom fee or risk, intentionally bypassing it falls on who?

I’m legit asking. I’ve had to pay custom fees and sometimes I dont

it’s almost like there’s a risk in international orders….
Respectfully, I'm feelin' like some of y'all aren't actually reading. Customs and broker fees are two different things. Customs is a reasonable percentage of an item. Brokerage fees can effectively double the price of the item ordered, after ordering it, without recourse.

USPS doesn't charge broker fees. UPS and FedEx do. UPS in particular was class action'd over it, settled out of court for millions, then kept right on doing it and makes bank off the whole thing.

There are your regular ol' customs charges, which is a part of international shopping in general, then there are surplus charges that UPS makes up. This isn't "bypassing customs", it's choosing a mail carrier that doesn't tack on their own fees because they have a captive audience.

Here's some light reading for all the people that still might not be getting it:

These are just examples I pulled up in 20 seconds. Plenty more probably even clearer examples out there if you're still not getting it.

Last edited:

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Respectfully, I'm feelin' like some of y'all aren't actually reading. Customs and broker fees are two different things. Customs is a reasonable percentage of an item. Brokerage fees can effectively double the price of the item ordered, after ordering it, without recourse.

USPS doesn't charge broker fees. UPS and FedEx do. There are your regular ol' customs charges, which is a part of international shopping in general, then there are surplus charges that UPS makes up. This isn't "bypassing customs", it's choosing a mail carrier that doesn't tack on their own fees because they have a captive audience.

Here's some light reading for all the people that still might not be getting it:

These are just examples I pulled up in 20 seconds. Plenty more probably even clearer examples out there if you're still not getting it.
Interesteing. So you can clear it yourself. But it still costs?

OP
OP
peetuhr

peetuhr

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Classic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesteing. So you can clear it yourself. But it still costs?
You can clear it yourself, but you need to do it before UPS does it. It's also a huge pain in the ass (you have to print all your documents, and then drive to the nearest tax station (usually international ports or airports).

I COULD have done that (still wouldn't be thrilled about it), but I had no reason to suspect it was being shipped by UPS until I received an invoice from them considering I chose and paid for USPS and that's whats on my actual invoice.

And yes, there is still a small cost. It's essentially just tax. Mine for example would have been 15$ which I have no objection to paying.

OP
OP
peetuhr

peetuhr

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Classic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a general update to this little saga. PnP agreed to pay ~half of the fees.

The harness is everything it was supposed to be. He was an *** about it from start to finish, but I have no problem with the actual product.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.