Blueroach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after some good reviews, I decided to pull the trigger on Valkyrie 2-Door roof rack. Right after I placed the order on April 28, I called them and asked if I would receive it by May 15 since I knew it was on backorder... I told them this is important because I have a trip planned. I said if you don't think it's going to work, let's cancel before it's too late... They said it would be close but May 15 sounded realistic. They told me to call again next week for an update. A week later I called again to get an update and they told me there are some delays at the factory so they would pick them up from factory and ship them on the 15th and I'd receive it on 18th. This would cause me to lose 3 days of my vacation but I said I want a good roof rack so I will waste 3 days. (Due to my work, very hard to get days off enough to do trips)

Here we are May 18 and the package has arrived. I'm excited and all ready to install it on my Bronco, I open the package and it is missing all the hardware, all of it. Only the frame is packaged and some of the parts have minor damage/scratches on them. I was okay with minor damages part as long as it allowed me to put my RTT on and go on overlanding trip I was very excited for. Missing all of the hardware ruined everything. It seems like Valkyrie is a very small company run by one guy and he isn't very responsive. He tries to take care of his customer but isn't responsive. After 3-4 tries, he answered the phone I explained the situation and he told me to email the pictures and he would ship the missing parts overnight. I sent them within 10 minutes of the phone conversation and guess what, no response and doesn't answer phone calls after several hours. As much as I appreciated his willingness to resolve this. Valkyrie has already ruined everything. The package I received showed that they lack quality control.

Anyways I repackaged everything now and will be shipping them back for a full refund as soon as I can get a hold of them again. I'm very disappointed but I thought I'd share this with you all so you can make an informed decision before ordering from Valkyrie!
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, that’s par for the course and you were setting yourself up for failure. Make alternate plans and don’t waste days waiting on something you can work around. Sounds like it was never a realistic goal of having it in time to use on the vacation.

Unfortunately, what you describe is becoming quite common. Hope you salvage the vacation. Just put your tent on the ground like 99% of us do.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel ya... My rack is suppose to show up today... Before the long weekend trip... And I'm sitting here staring out the window watching for the brown truck.
AND I have to leave for work at 2pm! Status hasn't changed from "on its way" to "out for delivery". Probably won't arrive until Tuesday now
Ugh!
Totally sucks...
Ford Bronco Valkyrie Off Road Roof Rack Bad Purchase Experience Screenshot_20220520-124404

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

well shit I ordered mine on May10 and it's still listed as backordered,I emailed about getting the B6G discount and nothing but crickets so far.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well shit I ordered mine on May10 and it's still listed as backordered,I emailed about getting the B6G discount and nothing but crickets so far.
Ordered mine in March! He will get you the discount though.
Email him direct...
[email protected]

Valkyrie Off Road

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valkyrieoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So after some good reviews, I decided to pull the trigger on Valkyrie 2-Door roof rack. Right after I placed the order on April 28, I called them and asked if I would receive it by May 15 since I knew it was on backorder... I told them this is important because I have a trip planned. I said if you don't think it's going to work, let's cancel before it's too late... They said it would be close but May 15 sounded realistic. They told me to call again next week for an update. A week later I called again to get an update and they told me there are some delays at the factory so they would pick them up from factory and ship them on the 15th and I'd receive it on 18th. This would cause me to lose 3 days of my vacation but I said I want a good roof rack so I will waste 3 days. (Due to my work, very hard to get days off enough to do trips)

Here we are May 18 and the package has arrived. I'm excited and all ready to install it on my Bronco, I open the package and it is missing all the hardware, all of it. Only the frame is packaged and some of the parts have minor damage/scratches on them. I was okay with minor damages part as long as it allowed me to put my RTT on and go on overlanding trip I was very excited for. Missing all of the hardware ruined everything. It seems like Valkyrie is a very small company run by one guy and he isn't very responsive. He tries to take care of his customer but isn't responsive. After 3-4 tries, he answered the phone I explained the situation and he told me to email the pictures and he would ship the missing parts overnight. I sent them within 10 minutes of the phone conversation and guess what, no response and doesn't answer phone calls after several hours. As much as I appreciated his willingness to resolve this. Valkyrie has already ruined everything. The package I received showed that they lack quality control.

Anyways I repackaged everything now and will be shipping them back for a full refund as soon as I can get a hold of them again. I'm very disappointed but I thought I'd share this with you all so you can make an informed decision before ordering from Valkyrie!
We are deeply sorry about your experience and the interference it caused with your trip/vacation time. We became aware of some shipping issues after our first batch of orders, which unfortunately included yours. We now have implemented better packaging to avoid damaged shipments as best we can on our part. We strive to provide an excellent customer experience and we hope to be able to regain your trust in the future.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sadly, I had the EXACT same experience. Original package showed up with zero hardware. Cory tried to help and get me the hardware but what showed up was an entire other roof rack, again, minus the hardware. Had to box that one back up and send it back.

Edit: Originally placed my order on 19 April in anticipation of a 24 June vacation. Thought that would have been plenty of time. Not so.

I received an email today that they still don't have all the hardware available and it will be several more weeks. I have a trip at the end of this month and it doesn't sound like the rack is going to make it. Looks like I'll be returning the partial rack I have.

Disappointing since it looks like a good product. Now to try to find one from someone to get here before the end of this month. :(

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sadly, I had the EXACT same experience. Original package showed up with zero hardware. Cory tried to help and get me the hardware but what showed up was an entire other roof rack, again, minus the hardware. Had to box that one back up and send it back.

Edit: Originally placed my order on 19 April in anticipation of a 24 June vacation. Thought that would have been plenty of time. Not so.

I received an email today that they still don't have all the hardware available and it will be several more weeks. I have a trip at the end of this month and it doesn't sound like the rack is going to make it. Looks like I'll be returning the partial rack I have.

Disappointing since it looks like a good product. Now to try to find one from someone to get here before the end of this month. :(
I STILL don't have a 100% proper fitting 2 door roof rack... And it's the middle of September.
I recieved new prototype side rails that didn't fit... New production parts that fit better but still had to use a mix of old and new...
Some new inner Clamp parts that now fit, but these were formed from scrap pieces and are unfinished...
I recieved 2 sets of new outter Clamp parts which were identical... Some kinda mix up... 2 door, 4 door? 🤷
The outer clamps is what's messing me up right now.
Sponsored