Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo story goes that my 21 BL wouldn’t start a couple of weeks ago, jumped it, started, went on with my daily round-tripper with the voltage reading 14 all the way stops n starts……all good right, must’ve been me’

Fast forward to earlier this week and the same thing happens except now jumping it does nothing. No alerts, all systems go on Ford Pass. I’m thinking WTF.

A pilot buddy suggested bad ignition module. Seemed to make sense. Another convo I had was with a fleet manager of Ford utility trucks saying it’s a pending TSB, possibly, but the thing is that codes aren’t showing up and thus not a warranty covered item.

Ghost in the machine? Is this worse than my AA engine valves 🤣?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sooo story goes that my 21 BL wouldn’t start a couple of weeks ago, jumped it, started, went on with my daily round-tripper with the voltage reading 14 all the way stops n starts……all good right, must’ve been me’

Fast forward to earlier this week and the same thing happens except now jumping it does nothing. No alerts, all systems go on Ford Pass. I’m thinking WTF.

A pilot buddy suggested bad ignition module. Seemed to make sense. Another convo I had was with a fleet manager of Ford utility trucks saying it’s a pending TSB, possibly, but the thing is that codes aren’t showing up and thus not a warranty covered item.

Ghost in the machine? Is this worse than my AA engine valves 🤣?
Hello, Cory! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

OP
OP
Cbiggs

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, Cory! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
Thanks, PM sent. Edit to original post should have indicated that the dealer load tested the battery after incident #1 and no issues were found.

OP
OP
Cbiggs

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: happened for a third time. No power upon pushing start. Ford opened a case number and I was contacted but the agent asked that I get a 2nd opinion from another dealer (after the regular dealer load tested the battery and everything checked out fine). I haven’t had the chance to do that yet. Disconnecting the negative terminal at the battery worked and it reset, started. No alerts, all green check marks on Ford Pass.
It would be nice if Ford acknowledged the issue and covered the ignition module under warranty without wasting more of my time or that of another dealers service department.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would be nice if Ford acknowledged the issue and covered the ignition module under warranty without wasting more of my time or that of another dealers service department.
There is no Ignition module. The closest thing to something like that would be the BCM. If there are no DTCs directing a technician to a BCM issue, it’s unlikely that’s the cause

Also, Ford isn’t going to acknowledge a random issue that they have no knowledge of. This isn’t happening on a large number of Broncos, so they have no way of knowing the cause. It’s up to your dealership, and they can replace any part they believe will fix the issue without Ford’s permission.
A second opinion sounds like your best bet if the original dealership cannot figure it out.
Sponsored