Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope. Almost LOL I got a call saying the APIM was in and I took her in on the 18th. About half way through the day I get a "sorry" text. Apparently they were shipped the wrong part. They got a screen instead of the APIM. So they put her back together and I picked her up with a black screen again. Since the service advisor was already gone for the day I couldn't get any further info. The gal said your part should be in the middle of next week because "it's readily available." I about fell over. I said what???? We've been waiting all these months for a backordered part, that was the wrong part ordered in the first place. She said I'll have someone call you in the morning. That was last Friday. Still no word this week so I called the service dept. yesterday afternoon. After 20 minutes on the phone, I still didn't have any more info and that someone would call me in the morning. So I'm waiting. I'm trying not to get pissed off any further but I've been without a screen since May 7th. I got her April 7th. Not much time to enjoy all the cool features. @Ford Motor Company seriously needs to get their SH*! together.
From what I am hearing the part is available and not on back order. The problem is that Ford hasn't yet created the software for the part. We are waiting on Ford.
Sponsored

ZokarRa

First Edition
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From what I am hearing the part is available and not on back order. The problem is that Ford hasn't yet created the software for the part. We are waiting on Ford.
Isn't that lovely? Seems like they would already have the software since it's an original part that was installed. I've given up hope on when my Lucille will get fixed.

J.W.

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
However.... I did take things into my own hands because I can't deal with driving this $$,$$$ new beautiful machine without at least a radio!
I should probably start a new thread about, but I did this..

Ford Bronco Black Screen/APIM module 20220614_195509

I still have no info on getting a replacement. It's been 3 1/2 months now.

Last edited:

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

However.... I did take things into my own hands because I can't deal with driving this $$,$$$ new beautiful machine.

Ford Bronco Black Screen/APIM module 20220614_195509
What screen is this???

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

However.... I did take things into my own hands because I can't deal with driving this $$,$$$ new beautiful machine.

20220614_195509.jpg
Let me guess... Factory screen, but with a substitute APIM from another Ford model temporarily in place in front of the bricked APIM, which is still installed? Did you buy an F-150 APIM off eBay or something? If so, what Bronco APIM features are missing or not working properly?

J.W.

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

diesel2000

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

APIM failure here as well. The 12" screen failed with less than 2000 miles during a Moab trip in March 2022 after taking delivery in December 2021. The unit was in and out for a week or so but has been a complete black screen brick since April 2022. The $5K upgrade, cameras, climate touch screen, radio, navigation, etc is 100% useless. This post is Sept 2022 and I have zero line of sight to repair. My Bronco has been in the shop for 35 days and counting with no loaner.

Working with the dealers and Ford Corporate support is a good way to increase your blood pressure. There have been so many promises broken I never want to buy a Ford again. The vehicle is awesome but I hate it and wish I'd never purchased it due to this issue only. I really want to support the awesome design but they have really left us to wither on this issue.

Note they are rolling dozens of Broncos off the line each day with functional APIMs while we have zero support on a faulty batch.

I'm contacting a Colorado Lemon Lawyer for help on this. Please document your interactions with dealers and contact a lawyer. Maybe if enough of us do this we'll get better support.

Be very careful if you are considering a Bronco. They are awesome but if you are an unlucky person you may get stuck with a lemon.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TheJess

Badlands
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes. Well this a club I didn't want to join. Two years of waiting for my Bronco, I finally took delivery, and with less than 300 miles on it, I have the black screen of death. Heading to the dealership tomorrow :(

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yikes. Well this a club I didn't want to join. Two years of waiting for my Bronco, I finally took delivery, and with less than 300 miles on it, I have the black screen of death. Heading to the dealership tomorrow :(
What year is yours? I’m so sorry.

TheJess

Badlands
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What year is yours? I’m so sorry.
I have a 2022 Badlands that I picked up two weeks ago. I just filled the gas tank for the very first time. It still has temporary tags. Sigh.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TheJess, has yours been resolved yet? Mine in the same boat as yours, 2 weeks into it, screen just went black. Been at the dealer longer than I had it with not a single part ordered.

TheJess

Badlands
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TheJess, has yours been resolved yet? Mine in the same boat as yours, 2 weeks into it, screen just went black. Been at the dealer longer than I had it with not a single part ordered.
Yes, I am happy to say, my module has been replaced. It took about a month. About two weeks in, I went and liberated it from the service team, because if it was just going to sit, better to sit in my driveway than the dealership. It's not my daily car, so if you do take it back, apparently the APIM still has some sort of power draw, so in spite the lack of radio, lack of camera, and lack of charging port, it was slowly draining the battery...so you'll want to make sure you drive it (imagine how pissed I was when the part finally came in and my battery was completely dead!!). I did message the @Ford Motor Company people through the Inbox feature, and a ticket was opened with Ford. I also told the dealership I was doing this (to help them), because I want to be able to take my Bronco there for service at regular intervals. Then mostly I just waited impatiently. They have to take your whole dash apart when the part does come in, so plan on it being there for a day (if you are really freaked out about the dash, take some before pictures). Good luck! The good news is you get to have a second honeymoon with your new Bronco when it's all fixed! And I've had no issues since.
Sponsored