Threads
Reaction score
Sandpoint, ID when not traveling the globe
Vehicle(s)
42' Sailboat -> Sprinter Van Conversion -> Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 2023 Badlands with the Sasquatch package that was perfect in every way... But someone hit me and totalled it after only 8 months of owning it. I just got my brand new replacment, the exact same Bronco but just a 2024 model and have had a few issues with it. My previous Bronco drove like a dream at all speeds but this one had a decent vibration from day one in the 45-55 mph range. At first I thought maybe the tires just needed to get a few miles on them. But the vibration didn't improve and seemed to get a little worse. Now that I've had it over a month I decided to stop by a Les Schwab on my way home yesterday to see the tires needed to be balanced. I knew something wasn't right when the guy immediately called to come back and take a look... Turns out three of my four tires are bad and need to be replaced. They are all out-of-round with with some having a hop and sway also. I witnessed how bad they are with my own eyes. Now I have to go back to the dealership and hope they make this right. Has anyone else experiencd this issue with their tires? I imagine I can't be the only one.
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I worked in the Goodyear plant that makes the bronco SAS tires. A percentage of the tires produced have defects as you described. For them to get to ford the inspection equipment at the plant failed or someone overrode the equipment. After the tires shipped somehow they got thru force balancing at MAP. FYI there are different quality standards for OEM tires vs tires you get at the tire store. The allowable out of round, side force etc is roughly double on a tire store tire vs an OEM.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I worked in the Goodyear plant that makes the bronco SAS tires. A percentage of the tires produced have defects as you described. For them to get to ford the inspection equipment at the plant failed or someone overrode the equipment. After the tires shipped somehow they got thru force balancing at MAP. FYI there are different quality standards for OEM tires vs tires you get at the tire store. The allowable out of round, side force etc is roughly double on a tire store tire vs an OEM.
my OEM tires have been garbage ever since I had them put on my new wheels. My factory wheels had almost 11oz of weight on one them!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not a fan of Goodyears. 11 oz would be a kick out at the ford plant I worked when I supervised the force machines.

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine is the same. I test drive a few that had the same issue. Does is shipping brand new vehicles that cost over $60k with bad tires.

Sponsored

KeithMacNJ63

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a 2023 Badlands with the Sasquatch package that was perfect in every way... But someone hit me and totalled it after only 8 months of owning it. I just got my brand new replacment, the exact same Bronco but just a 2024 model and have had a few issues with it. My previous Bronco drove like a dream at all speeds but this one had a decent vibration from day one in the 45-55 mph range. At first I thought maybe the tires just needed to get a few miles on them. But the vibration didn't improve and seemed to get a little worse. Now that I've had it over a month I decided to stop by a Les Schwab on my way home yesterday to see the tires needed to be balanced. I knew something wasn't right when the guy immediately called to come back and take a look... Turns out three of my four tires are bad and need to be replaced. They are all out-of-round with with some having a hop and sway also. I witnessed how bad they are with my own eyes. Now I have to go back to the dealership and hope they make this right. Has anyone else experiencd this issue with their tires? I imagine I can't be the only one.
Congrats on your new 2024. Sorry to hear about your OEM SAS tire issues. I picked up my 2024 Black Diamond in March and drove it from Tomball, TX to Hoboken, NJ. The ride was a dream and tires were smooth at highway speeds. Hope Ford makes it right for you.

OP
OP
SaraB

SaraB

Badlands
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Sandpoint, ID when not traveling the globe
Vehicle(s)
42' Sailboat -> Sprinter Van Conversion -> Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have contacted Ford and they say the tires are covered and should be replaced by my dealer... we'll see what happens. My problem is that my 2023 drove like a dream and all five tires were great. I was doing a five tire rotation on them so I know they were good. On my new 2024 they only looked at four of the tires and three were bad. That's pretty pathetic odds and makes me think that getting the dealer to replace them with "good" tires that can at least be balanced is not going to be easy.

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So yesterday I had my goodyears road force balanced by a tire shop near me who does good work. They told me three of my tires were borderline bad but still within spec, couldn't balance. I then went to the dealer, two blocks away with the report. They say "it's within spec" and would do nothing. What a load of nonsense. The steering wheel always vibrates at most speeds and worsens at 50-65, after the road force balance. So... I ended up getting new tires. Didn't have a big budget so went for some that most never speak of. Bridgestone Revo 3's. They balanced perfectly and now the ride is much smoother, quieter and there is no vibration. I'm also getting better MPG, which is crazy and very unexpected. So for me, took getting new tires. I'm ok with it as those Goodyears threw rocks like mad and already placed a nice dent in the side of the truck. Why these do not come with mudflaps as standard is something I can not understand. I any case, I wanted to go BFG KO2 but those were an extra $1200. Was able to go with the Revo 3's for around $1400 installed. Drives much much better. The kicker is this is my 2nd Bronco, the last one had the same exact issue with the tires. Bad QC. The Bridgestones even came with a no questions asked 90 day return privilege. Since 90% of my driving is on pavement and rocky roads (we live in the country) I didn't need the super aggressive rock throwers anyway. So after a few months of the wheel vibrations I am finally done with that! Now the Bronco drives as it should. Good luck.
Sponsored