Sponsored

Considering buying new 2024 Bronco, thoughts on quality issues and problems?

OP
OP

Ckochese

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks you all for the input. Extremely helpful to me. My dealer found me a hot pepper red badlands with Sasquatch package at another store. They’re bringing it over Monday and if we can work a deal it’ll be coming home. The black color just wasn’t doing it for me. I have employee pricing but hopefully there’s other rebates or maybe some nice holdback cash they wanna toss to me too. We’ll see. 70k is a lot of keish.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$70k is almost the price the Bronco Raptor started at. Negotiate hard on this For all of us! My 21 two door Balands non Squatch 7MT msrp was $46k and it’s now like $8k more same build. Ford wanted in on all the ADMs dealers were getting. I think the price increases are ridiculous and as much as I love my Bronco, I couldn’t justify the price now unless I got a really good deal below MsRP

OP, No matter what, you will still love the Bronco. There isn’t much else like it.

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door Wildtrak Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
I had the same fears and concerns. So much so that I passed on my long-awaited (2 years waiting) Brono order last year when it arrived at the dealer. I bought a 4Runner instead all the while telling myself that Toyota doesn't have these issues etc.. and so on. Fwd two 2 weeks ago and traded in my 4Runner at a significant loss to get a Bronco. Not because the 4Runner had an issue, but I just didn't enjoy it and couldn't get the Bronco out of my head. It was kind of like choosing the wrong girl to date/marry and not being able to get your true love out of your head. I have 3 pieces of advice that I now follow myself:
1. Don't ever compromise on trim. If you want a Wildtrak a Black Diamond won't do,

2. Same for color ... only get the color you want even if it's a bit conservative. I got the Solar Octane color on the 4Runner cause it was the hero color in 23' and it looked fantastic, but later regretted it when I realized I felt very uncomfortable peacocking every were. Nowhere to hide

3. Don't be scared away by people who bitch in forums ... almost all cars will have an issue here and there, but the Bronco is a special vehicle and a specialized vehicle. Since it's been designed to essentially come apart it will have an issue or two as time goes on. As for recalls, even the mighty Toyota has had a lot of recalls recently. Good luck!

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any new vehicle launch is going to have issues, but they eventually work them out. I’ve had my ’23 for seven months now and have not had any problems (other than the info screen switching to carplay whenever it wants). I think the 4 dr Bronco is a great vehicle and a good compromise between a passenger car and full size pickup. As for road noise, there is a simple solution…make the radio louder.

OP
OP

Ckochese

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$70k is almost the price the Bronco Raptor started at. Negotiate hard on this For all of us! My 21 two door Balands non Squatch 7MT msrp was $46k and it’s now like $8k more same build. Ford wanted in on all the ADMs dealers were getting. I think the price increases are ridiculous and as much as I love my Bronco, I couldn’t justify the price now unless I got a really good deal below MsRP

OP, No matter what, you will still love the Bronco. There isn’t much else like it.
Sticker is 69k. Employee is around 63 give or take. I’m trading my X5 and its value is pretty high so I’m not feeling horrible about it. Everything is so damn expensive now. I’d love a raptor but 95k is kinda nuts. I tend to buy my vehicles loaded up or at least optioned out so they keep a little resale. I’ve found the dealers tend to cough up a little more cash when trading if you’re not bare bones. Not sure how the auctions look on broncos lately. I’ll have to check. Everyone is jacking prices now. Time to pay the fiddler for those favorable contracts.

Sponsored

humphrey

Badlands
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Opposite of a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... It was kind of like choosing the wrong girl to date/marry and not being able to get your true love out of your head.
Great analogy :LOL:

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes. Mine had surface surface rust all over the driveline components and some bolts.
I lifted it on jack stands, took the wheels off. Put it in 4X4 and just spay all the shafts and bolts using Rust Oleum rust reformer spray paint.
Undercarriage carwash cleans some of the salt away but not aways. It will help but not 100%.
I'd say if you have alternative cars to drive, drive them. I drive my Audi S4 whenever its raining or snowing. The car is from 2018. Undercarriage is still shinny. German's build quality is not messing around lol
thanks for the reply. The Bronco will be my daily... through thick and thin... snow and salt.
Its a similar dynamic for my Shelby GT350.
It's all economies of scale. I was actually just thinking about this today-How amazing the GT350 is, but in order to make it affordable and obtainable to the avg person Ford had to make some compromises. It's not a luxury interior with soft touch and carbon fiber throughout. Mechanically they did some really great things, but had to draw a line somewhere. A lot of the S550 platform including from the A pillar back is shared off the same assembly line. If they had really pushed the details it would be a 6+ figure car.
I know there is complaining about the Bronco's price for the quality you get, but at the end of the day if they poured top end components we'd be looking at a lot more $$$
I'm just really grateful to own one.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had the same fears and concerns. So much so that I passed on my long-awaited (2 years waiting) Brono order last year when it arrived at the dealer. I bought a 4Runner instead all the while telling myself that Toyota doesn't have these issues etc.. and so on. Fwd two 2 weeks ago and traded in my 4Runner at a significant loss to get a Bronco. Not because the 4Runner had an issue, but I just didn't enjoy it and couldn't get the Bronco out of my head. It was kind of like choosing the wrong girl to date/marry and not being able to get your true love out of your head. I have 3 pieces of advice that I now follow myself:
1. Don't ever compromise on trim. If you want a Wildtrak a Black Diamond won't do,

2. Same for color ... only get the color you want even if it's a bit conservative. I got the Solar Octane color on the 4Runner cause it was the hero color in 23' and it looked fantastic, but later regretted it when I realized I felt very uncomfortable peacocking every were. Nowhere to hide

3. Don't be scared away by people who bitch in forums ... almost all cars will have an issue here and there, but the Bronco is a special vehicle and a specialized vehicle. Since it's been designed to essentially come apart it will have an issue or two as time goes on. As for recalls, even the mighty Toyota has had a lot of recalls recently. Good luck!
Great Post... I didn't think the color would matter when I bought my previous daily.. boy was I wrong regretted it every single day. It was a great reliable car, but just color was just blah....
I've also learned #1 the hard way... went through 2 mustangs before finally kicking myself in the head and getting the Shelby.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most people with no problems will be the silent majority not posting anything. Rather, you will see several posts here on what went wrong. Unfortunately, there is no way to quantify the number of problems on the bronco to any other vehicle I.e., is bronco the same, better or worse?
No issues on my 2022 wildtrak. Two recalls (windshield adhesive) and the seat belt dealio. I haven't had either fixed as the dealer said they have a 50% success in replacing the existing windshield and the seat belt thing has never been an issue. I assume i'll get a rock chip soon and the windshield thing will just be replaced ...

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
..I ordered my Bronco in Jan of 21..and picked it up Dec of 21..maybe one of the last AMB jobs..nothing special..a base,4 door,A10,HT,2.3,switches...I have a 4 year lease,and not sure yet if I will buy it..It's only been back to the dealer for 2 oil changes...would I buy one now at these prices (even with my A plan)..no.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ckochese

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to agree that the price of admission for some vehicles has gotten expensive, fast.

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks you all for the input. Extremely helpful to me. My dealer found me a hot pepper red badlands with Sasquatch package at another store. They’re bringing it over Monday and if we can work a deal it’ll be coming home. The black color just wasn’t doing it for me. I have employee pricing but hopefully there’s other rebates or maybe some nice holdback cash they wanna toss to me too. We’ll see. 70k is a lot of keish.
Remember, you get a discount on parts if you or a family member are employees! I do my own maintenance, and I love getting a discount!

Dontc4re

Badlands
First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 area 51Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s more like owning a classic car. Bitch when you “fix something “ but you park crooked in the last spot in the parking lot, and walk backwards to look at her😎

IMG_4596.jpeg

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 21 Badlands and I have no issues. I came out of a 19 Harley Davidson truck which of course was also modded beyond what the Harley is. My Bronco is modded beyond what a Badlands is. You can read the major mods in my sig.

All this said I love my Bronco. I bought it with the Lux/Leather because that is what my Harley had. It's a soft top, but yeah I purchased a top from Armadillo, and that will take care of the soft top noise. The Bronco as others have said is not a luxury SUV. The closest to that is the OBX, and that is still a Bronco at the end of the day.

If you get the deal you want, you will enjoy it, just as others here have. I went through the same, I researched, spoke to people at car meets, and then just pulled the trigger. I have ZERO regrets. BTW, my Jessabelle is my daily.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
I'm the original owner of a '21, took delivery in November 2021 (First Edition, 2.7 V6, all the options). Zero issues with my ride. It has been a ton of fun for over 17,000 miles. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger again. You can always find horror stories and certainly there were some early teething issues, but, IMHO, those were the exception.

Fantastic vehicle you will love if you understand what you are buying.

Good luck!
Sponsored