Sponsored

Considering buying new 2024 Bronco, thoughts on quality issues and problems?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP, Since you're in a cool climate you may want to check your Bronco for this issue before pulling the trigger:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/cold-feet-floor-heat.31841/

According to the threads here there hasn't been a fix. Just wear "heavy socks and long johns". Really? A new $6X,XXX vehicle can't keep my feet warm? Deal Breaker.
This isn't entirely wrong. It's frustrating.

The work around is to run Floor + Vent, then manually turn the vents off. I agree, it's ridiculous that you should need to do it. It's one of the many peculiarities of the Bronco.

But for everything that the Bronco gets wrong, I find there are 3 things they got right. A get a lot of questions about it, my answer is always - It's the single most fun and most frustrating vehicle I've ever driven, and I would buy one again in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This isn't entirely wrong. It's frustrating.

The work around is to run Floor + Vent, then manually turn the vents off. I agree, it's ridiculous that you should need to do it. It's one of the many peculiarities of the Bronco.
As I understand the threads this gets more floor heat but still not enough. (?) I guess it depends on where you live. By me it gets below freezing regularly and below zero F every year. I see OP is in NY so it's certainly a valid concern.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are a few issues that need consideration. You probably know these but just in case.

Sasquatch will not accommodate snow chains.

The heater has strange behaviors and in the 2 door has no heating vents for the back seat.

It doesnā€™t tow much.

Ford has big problems with the hard top and the extended warranty does not cover the top.

The stereo in all trims is woefully sub par. Cha Ching

Electronics are very buggy and Ford is slow to address them.

The wireless phone charger doesnā€™t work on the Lux trim

edit: Almost forgot one, the parking break is electronic and may or may not help you stop in an emergency. They should have given us a regular one.

and most importantly, itā€™s a very fun vehicle.

Last edited:

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What the current iteration of the Ford Bronco ended up being for me was close to being what I was seeking but not quite there...I think Toyota could take a lesson from the Bronco popularity, and bring back a more realistic tribute to the FJ40 or the FJ60 and put a V6 naturally aspirated engine in it or even a turbo with a hybrid or whatever as an option and if the quality was similar to that of the 4Runner they would have a huge success. The FJ Cruiser was kind of a tribute to days of the past, but in my opinion it was a swing and a miss at capturing the true spirit of the old school Toyotas. All one has to do is look at the cult following of the two-door Landcruisers (that we unfortunately can't get in the United States or at least register in California) or the old G-Wagons or the current Broncos to confirm that thousands of people love the iconic vehicle from days past who also want the creature comforts from modern times and want more choices than Jeep is giving us. Broncos scored well in the appearance department, but with that came way too many things that can and do break or don't function as intended. As time goes on, it also seems that more and more people are craving simplicity with that comfort...for example, I would have loved it if my Bronco would have had an actual lever to engage the transfer case.

jj deuce

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
good thread with a lot of insight. I'm looking at buying a new Bronco and selling my '16 4Runner. Still seems like a good move.

Sponsored

Dfinch218

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i am a new owner. Please read my post on electrical issues on day 1. And then go to Youtube and watch all the videos that people have posted on the same thing.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Roof road noise and Windows whistle noises are pretty common.
My hood flutter when I go slightly faster than the highway speed limit.
These are really minor annoyances for me. I can deal with it.

What annoys me is that most of the undercarriage driveline components and bolts are not coated/rust proofed. I had to craw under that myself to spay protective coating on it. If you live in NE this is something you should be considering doing.
Hood flutter could simply be the gap between the hood stops and the hood. Too big a gap on one or both sides can allow some lift at speed. Mine were a little uneven when new.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To date, after nearly a year and a-half of ownership, I've had one problem and one recall. The problem was the hood latch issue where the car would report the latch not being secure and on a couple of occasions, the alarm would be set off. That was fixed under warranty by the dealer at the same time I brought it in for an oil change service.

The recall was for the windshield wiper programming. I had not experienced any issues with how the wipers worked, but the software was updated. I didn't notice any difference after. I had this done at the same time as the oil change service, so there was no inconvenience to me.

I don't think there are significantly more initial quality problems with the Bronco than the average vehicle. Even compared to the best-rated vehicles, maybe half of Broncos on average might have one more issue than the top performer. If you can live with that, you'll be fine. Long term, we're still learning as we're going. But the Bronco is based on a lot of existing components and the engines and automatic transmission are already in their second or later generation and are generally considered to be stout, robust, and reliable. Follow the service intervals, particularly for fluid and filter changes, and you should expect many years of use without significant issues.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,
Iā€™m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here Iā€™m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
The removable top (and doors) and off-road functionality, is what separate a Bronco from so many other vehicles. If you will be getting significant use from those functionalities, you should be happy.

You won't be as concerned about some wind noise, water drips, etc ... because the ability to drive around with the top removed will make it worthwhile. You won't be as concerned with the pavement negatives of a high clearance brick of a vehicle, if you are enjoying scenic views on some fun off-road trail.

The key is to get use from that stuff, and not just try to mimic a normal road vehicle.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I daily drive my 2021 2.7 Sasquatch 4dr that I've had two and a half years. I absolutely love it! Couple small issues, nothing that would taint my experience. I still feel it's one of the most fun vehicles you can drive.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to agree that the price of admission for some vehicles has gotten expensive, fast.
So I take it that you didn't buy the Bronco? I did not see a post from you after this one, so I am guessing that you didn't reach an agreement with the dealer?
Sponsored