First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2023 badlands with 1500 miles. We were driving down the freeway and suddenly the cabin got substantially noisier ( I have a soft top). Turns out the passanger side front window collapsed slightly and wouldn't roll up any further. The dealer told me the window regulator failed. Now waiting on Detroit to send the parts. First picture shows the failed window. Second shows other side for comparison. You can see daylight between window and top from inside. ( good thing it's not the worst winter in 40 years here)
Ford Bronco Bad window regulator 20230227_163610
Ford Bronco Bad window regulator 20230227_163619
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good ol Ford window motors. Back in the early 2000s you could just smack the $hi+ out of the door panel just above the motor and they would revive. I doubt that trick still works though

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2023 badlands with 1500 miles. We were driving down the freeway and suddenly the cabin got substantially noisier ( I have a soft top). Turns out the passanger side front window collapsed slightly and wouldn't roll up any further. The dealer told me the window regulator failed. Now waiting on Detroit to send the parts. First picture shows the failed window. Second shows other side for comparison. You can see daylight between window and top from inside. ( good thing it's not the worst winter in 40 years here)
Same bad regulator happened to me on pass front door. Made a crunching sound when rolled up. Ford replaced and all good now.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you or the dealer try resetting the window?

OP
OP
Calcifer

Calcifer

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not. I don't know what the dealer tried. I know I can grab the widow and pull it up and then it just falls back down. I wouldn't know how to reset it

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did not. I don't know what the dealer tried. I know I can grab the widow and pull it up and then it just falls back down. I wouldn't know how to reset it
Can it be lowered further? If so, lower it all the way and hold the power button down for 5 seconds. Then raise the window and hold the power button up for 5 seconds. Lower it again and raise it. It will reset (if the regulator is still functioning).

OP
OP
Calcifer

Calcifer

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can it be lowered further? If so, lower it all the way and hold the power button down for 5 seconds. Then raise the window and hold the power button up for 5 seconds. Lower it again and raise it. It will reset (if the regulator is still functioning).
It goes up and down fine except that last 1/2 inch. I will try this and let you know if it works.....

tried it and same thing

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How would I do that?
When I auto roll my window up, it immediately goes back down twice as fast. I can slowly inch it up but when it gets to the very top it goes right back down. So I'm driving with it 1/2" from the top now.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How would I do that?
When I auto roll my window up, it immediately goes back down twice as fast. I can slowly inch it up but when it gets to the very top it goes right back down. So I'm driving with it 1/2" from the top now.
The process was outlined above. A simple lowering the window, but then holding the power button down for 5 seconds and raising the window holding the power button for 5 seconds. Lower it and then raise it again. It will reset - maybe.

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After being out overnight in snow and freezing rain this weekend, the regulator stopped working. This reset trick worked very well. Thank you!
Sponsored