First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thought I would save others the trouble. I have the hard top and wanted a roof rack but not the full Ford one. Found this small half rack. Not cheap but I could throw skis , snow board, etc on it. Found this one from Badass tents. I opened the package and found the cross members scratched. The mounting brackets had paint peeling, but the ultimate was the cross member was lacking threads. Yea the drilled them but didn't tap them. After go around they offered me $25 to compensate the aggravation. The tap was $20 and I had to thread them myself. Posted this review on their web site but they deleted it. Here's the product.

https://badasstents.com/product/202...7af477c80370f7a92ad390ec8c148e23#comment-2220
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Borderline unethical for a business to have a review portal on their website and just delete the reviews they don't like, really pathetic. Not owning up to shipping errors or quality issues or allowing good and bad reviews to exist for everyone to see is cowardly, IMO. They should have let the review stand and provided a response to explain their side of the story, and offer to correct the missive.

Last edited:

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last week, I bought a *used* Badass Tents (BAT) roof rack from a guy in OKC who bought it new from BAT in May. It's the full rack, and I got an excellent deal on it, so I'm not complaining. But, to further your point, the paint is peeling in several places, and rust shows in quite a few of those exposed areas. (The guy said he went on one trip with it and had been sitting in his garage since. He's now upgraded to a TrailRax roof rack and says he's much happier.)

The rack is only a few months old, and the wear and tear it already has would make me think twice about buying something new from these guys. They also have a newly designed wind deflector set up for $50 off, but you have to give a good review on the roof rack on their website and google before they ship the new deflector to you.

OP
OP

Rich832

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Borderline unethical for a business to have a review portal on their website and just delete the reviews they don't like, really pathetic. Not owning up to shipping errors or quality issues while allowing good and bad reviews to exist for everyone to see is cowardly, IMO. They should have let the review stand and provided a response to explain their side of the story, and offer to correct the missive.
My review was a 1star explaining all my issues. Nothing false about my comments. Yes they deleted my review and left the other 2 5 stars, which was probably written by employees. So my only recourse is to let my Bronco friends avoid this company.