Sponsored

ZROADZ or Badass Tents roof rack reviews??

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone purchased either of these roof racks and have a review they would like to share? I’m still in need of a rack and the Ford one seems unobtainable. I’d love to hear some reviews of either of these two racks - or others if they are available.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are the 2 finalist for my 2 door.
No hands on experience, but by going from what I know...
-BAT is cheaper, but the crossbars are fixed (even though you get 5 of them, they need to be adjustable)
-The ZRZ crossbars are adjustable, but they are stamped steel and not extruded. Also have a weird shape (clamping issues? ).
-Both crossbars allow bolting/using T-nuts for fastening accessories 👍🏻
-Similar load ratings

BAT has a free delivery option this month if you pre-order the 2 door (US only) Use code DMYE8MJ3

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone purchased either of these roof racks and have a review they would like to share? I’m still in need of a rack and the Ford one seems unobtainable. I’d love to hear some reviews of either of these two racks - or others if they are available.
I ordered a BA rack, but it’s back ordered until March.

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco, 11 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the roof rack with light bar from ZRoadZ back on Dec 27th, it still has yet to ship. I guess I'll get it eventually. 🤷

Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I should have my Badass Tents version tomorrow and will be creating a thorough review pics and videos.

Detroit0486

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SVT Lightning, Audi S7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll be following this, I'm a bit bummed there are not more options out yet given it's been 7-8 months or so that they've had hard tops out there to R&D off of, but maybe my expectations are just too high....

ZRoadz would be my choice currently, but only because it seems more of a modular design which I'm looking for based on my needs of planning to do my CVT tent and an OVS 270 awning, I just dont want to prematurely pull the trigger knowing that I would think within the next 2-4 months there should be some more options hitting the market soon. 🤞

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered and received a BA full roof rack (black). Haven't had time to install it yet, but the box is heavy, lol. Hopefully I can tackle it this weekend.

FWIW, I ordered it just after the February batch ran out, so they said it'd be mid-March, but it arrived at the end of February.

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered and received a BA full roof rack (black). Haven't had time to install it yet, but the box is heavy, lol. Hopefully I can tackle it this weekend.

FWIW, I ordered it just after the February batch ran out, so they said it'd be mid-March, but it arrived at the end of February.

Please hurry up and get it installed with pics! lol

I have the same rack on order and would be great to get feedback before I take delivery.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door or 4?
Looking forward to this.
Just how heavy is it do you think?

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wanting one shipped to Canada, but the online vending setup they have wants to charge me $600 to ship. Roger Davis said he'd refund me the diff, but that's a deal breaker for me. I'd pay interest on all of it with a credit card.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2 door or 4?
Looking forward to this.
Just how heavy is it do you think?
4 door.

I just measured the weight of the box out of curiousity. It's 71.2 lbs -- of course a little bit of that is packing material and the cardboard box.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like to learn more about any added wind noise mentioned in this video and whether you can take the panels off on the zroadz model. Their FAQs say you cannot, but curious about anyone that has tried it. The BA site has a video of them taking off the 2nd panel, but it almost looks like the panel is scraping.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door.

I just measured the weight of the box out of curiousity. It's 71.2 lbs -- of course a little bit of that is packing material and the cardboard box.
🙄
6 or 7 pounds worth of packing...?
Jeezus
I sure hope the roof can take 520lbs static!

Lucks

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

just installed the rear only BA Tents rack, its solid. I have pics on another post.
Sponsored