Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel that a Badlands-Sasquatch (Four-Door) without any added tech options from the mid, high, and lux packages is the best combination when it comes to long term reliability, durability, and dependability for an off-road rig.

I feel that if you add tech from the mid, high, and lux packages that things may go wrong and it is the last thing that you want to happen when out in the middle of nowhere. Of course you will have to add the auto transmission with the Sasquatch, so that the only "option."

Thoughts?
I don’t see how any of the tech included with those packages would make you stranded out in the middle of no where if it broke.
Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see how any of the tech included with those packages would make you stranded out in the middle of no where if it broke.
I'm a bit weary about what if any support Ford might still be giving some ancient computer 10+ years from now, but most modern cars have that stuff now, hopefully support (or some kind of exchange module) will be available for a long while. Who knows, my kids older iphones no longer can be upgraded to the latest system, I hope they build some more backwards compatibility into these car computers though, phone companies like to force you into upgrades, but at 50+k for a car? I hope not.

Will a Tesla still be drivable 10 years from now?

But this will be mostly my daily driver, not a weekend toy to take into rock gardens.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a bit weary about what if any support Ford might still be giving some ancient computer 10+ years from now, but most modern cars have that stuff now, hopefully support (or some kind of exchange module) will be available for a long while. Who knows, my kids older iphones no longer can be upgraded to the latest system, I hope they build some more backwards compatibility into these car computers though, phone companies like to force you into upgrades, but at 50+k for a car? I hope not.

But this will be mostly my daily driver, not a weekend toy to take into rock gardens.
I guess if you plan to keep your vehicle that long then maybe I’d bring it into consideration. I typically keep my vehicles for 5-7 years and have never run into an issue where something couldn’t be repaired. I’d still rather have a vehicle with some additional creature comforts especially if it’ll be my daily driver.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess if you plan to keep your vehicle that long then maybe I’d bring it into consideration. I typically keep my vehicles for 5-7 years and have never run into an issue where something couldn’t be repaired. I’d still rather have a vehicle with some additional creature comforts especially if it’ll be my daily driver.
When I buy a rig, I think long term and keep my trucks for a long time. My current rig, a Toyota tacoma, has been with my family for 15.5 years. It used to be my dad's. I plan to keep it for another 15 years.

That is why I am a minimalist when it comes to buying 4x4 rigs.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I buy a rig, I think long term and keep my trucks for a long time. My current rig, a Toyota tacoma, has been with my family for 15.5 years. It used to be my dad's. I plan to keep it for another 15 years.

That is why I am a minimalist when it comes to buying 4x4 rigs.
Yep - 20 years on my Ranger... its tired, hopefully gets me through this winter and then on to the Bronco

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Up until yesterday, I was all in for the Badlands Sasquatch. However, after looking at the prices of the options of the Badlands and the starting price of the four door at $46085 including destination charge, I am reconsidering if I should buy a Bronco. When I added the options that I like, the total was at around $57k-$58k, including the Sasquatch package.

I looked at the 2020/2021 Toyota Trd Off Road 4runner. That model has a rear locker, multi-terrain select (Similar to GOAT in Bronco), Crawl Control (similar to Trail Control in Bronco), and ATRAC (which acts like a front locker). I get get all of that with a 4runner for about $40k-$42k. Also, the 4runner has superior reliability as compared to the Bronco because the 4runner has a naturally aspirated engine as compared to a Turbo on a Bronco.

With that said, I am now considering a 4runner Trd Off Road instead. Anyone having the same feelings as I am with regards to Bronco pricing and buying considerations?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Up until yesterday, I was all in for the Badlands Sasquatch. However, after looking at the prices of the options of the Badlands and the starting price of the four door at $46085 including destination charge, I am reconsidering if I should buy a Bronco. When I added the options that I like, the total was at around $57k-$58k, including the Sasquatch package.

I looked at the 2020/2021 Toyota Trd Off Road 4runner. That model has a rear locker, multi-terrain select (Similar to GOAT in Bronco), Crawl Control (similar to Trail Control in Bronco), and ATRAC (which acts like a front locker). I get get all of that with a 4runner for about $40k-$42k. Also, the 4runner has superior reliability as compared to the Bronco because the 4runner has a naturally aspirated engine as compared to a Turbo on a Bronco.

With that said, I am now considering a 4runner Trd Off Road instead. Anyone having the same feelings as I am with regards to Bronco pricing and buying considerations?
4Runner Off-Road Premium or 4Runner TRD Pro are my primary backup plan if a true dealbreaker rears its head on the Bronco. Or if I cheap out (a more likely scenario lol).

Defender 110 was up there on the list...But I drove one last week and I didn't feel it. Bronco pricing for what I'd buy is rapidly encroaching on Rivian territory as well.

FYI, 6th Gen 4Runner is due for 2022, and Toyota usually drops all their information around February/March. So in theory, you'll have plenty of time to make up your mind on 5th Gen 4Runner, 6th Gen 4Runner, or 6th Gen Bronco.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nope, pricing is exactly what I expected. 4Runner and Bronco are too different off-road vehicles for me to even compare. 4Runners are boring in comparison to a Bronco.

Sounds like you’ve pretty much made up your mind though. Get yourself a 4Runner. I know I’ll enjoy a Bronco much more.

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4, 1997 993 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Defender 110 was up there on the list...But I drove one last week and I didn't feel it. Bronco pricing for what I'd buy is rapidly encroaching on Rivian territory as well.
What didn’t you like about the Defender? Haven’t had a chance to drive it yet, but it is on the short list for me.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even after seeing the $5K price tag for Lux I’m all in for that with my Badlands 2.3 + 7MT and Tow. I’ll get into it for right about $45K w/ my Z Plan. The fact that BL comes stock with 33” BFG A/T’s is icing on the cake. Love those tires.

Sponsored

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
any info on aftermarket sway bar disconnects because if so ill skip the badlands. I'll save some money and get a Black diamond and add upgrades. It's pretty easy to manually disconnect sway bars if available

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Automotive market chips typically have a 10 to 15 year availability from the manufacturer.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What didn’t you like about the Defender? Haven’t had a chance to drive it yet, but it is on the short list for me.
First, it was a lot bigger than I expected. Not a lot of pep either.

Both of which I could get over if I liked it when I sat in it and drove it though. Im weird that way. I have to feel it. I friggen LOVE driving a Tacoma. I know the seating position is garbage, I know it's gutless. I still love it. I went to buy a C7 Z06 last year, and drove one for a day. Amazing car. Absolute unit. Didn't care for it to drive though.

Defender was like my C7 experience. Objectively, a great machine. I wanted to love it. But I was just...meh. Not for me. It's going to make a lot of people happy though.

Also reinforces my need to drive a Bronco before I let my wallet off the rails lol.

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4, 1997 993 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First, it was a lot bigger than I expected. Not a lot of pep either.

Both of which I could get over if I liked it when I sat in it and drove it though. Im weird that way. I have to feel it. I friggen LOVE driving a Tacoma. I know the seating position is garbage, I know it's gutless. I still love it. I went to buy a C7 Z06 last year, and drove one for a day. Amazing car. Absolute unit. Didn't care for it to drive though.

Defender was like my C7 experience. Objectively, a great machine. I wanted to love it. But I was just...meh. Not for me. It's going to make a lot of people happy though.

Also reinforces my need to drive a Bronco before I let my wallet off the rails lol.
Thanks for the info. I haven’t been in a rush, but sounds like I’ll have to go drive all of them before making a decision. Appreciate the insight!

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man... This pricing sheet has REALLY gotten me second guessing my Badlands love. Convince me I'm wrong fellow badlanders!
Sponsored