Badlands Bronco Thread

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm leaning Cactus Grey heavily. I love the look of it with the top off. Very summer/warm weather friendly. But with the black accents, it's got a semi-menacing look without being truly intimidating. Almost like something you'd see in Mission Impossible. My car now is red and I'm never touching another red vehicle. Had to get paint matched and it still isn't.

1597096582490.png

1597096417975.png
The top image really does like nice. However, when you see it on the Ford website, it looks different to me.
Sponsored

vel23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The top image really does like nice. However, when you see it on the Ford website, it looks different to me.
I like that though. One color, but tons of different showings of it. For me, when I think of cars, I think about that 40 degree rainy day when the weather is shlt. What's going to catch my eye when I begrudgingly walk to my car in the back of the parking lot?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best Color for Badlands? I keep going back and forth. Area 51 or C.Orange. Or something else. Are you guys having the same kind of issues?
Oh yeah. Nothing but TROUBLE WITH COLORS. I also think that the colors look better/worse, depending on the size (2 door or 4 door). I'm going 2 door, so... when you discount all the crappy colors: Pearls, Infused and Tinted Gels, Metallics, there's not much left except the usual Black and White... Maybe Race Red.

So, on a Badlads 2 Door, my favorites are:

White Body... Black Top... Black Fender Flares, Door Handles, Mirror Back... Wheels... and Black Grill/White BRONCO Lettering
or, if I get to feeling old school...
Area 51 Body... White Top... White Fender Flares, White Door Handles, White Mirror Back... Area 51 painted Wheels... and White Grill, w/Area 51 BRONCO Lettering
Race Red Body... White Top... White Fender Flares, White Door Handles, White Mirror Back... Race Red painted Wheels... and White Grill, w/Race Red BRONCO Lettering

No, I don't know if it will all be available, from the factory, but this is the way people would expect to see it at the Mall!

BTW, it notes in the Motor Trend, September article that both the Fender Flares and Grills, will have the QUICK CHANGE option, so I think a lot of people will be changing or painting their grills!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only additional option I would like is rock rail with step assist.
I'm pretty sure the Badlands package comes with Rock rails -- I've seen this discussed on several sites/forums.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the Badlands package comes with Rock rails -- I've seen this discussed on several sites/forums.
rock rails for sure, but no step assist (yet)

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm leaning Cactus Grey heavily. I love the look of it with the top off. Very summer/warm weather friendly. But with the black accents, it's got a semi-menacing look without being truly intimidating. Almost like something you'd see in Mission Impossible. My car now is red and I'm never touching another red vehicle. Had to get paint matched and it still isn't.

1597096582490.png

1597096417975.png
That top pic looks more like the color on the Area 51 Bronco Sport. I was surprised how light-blue it appeared. I wanted it to be darker and more green.
I'm looking at Cactus Green, Carbonized Gray, White and Black now. Cactus Green looks much lighter than the bottom picture, almost White with a hint of gray green.

I'm going with the 4 door and can't decide on top color. On the Wrangler, I like the look of the matching top. I thought that would be the same for me on the Bronco, but the frame-less doors on the Bronco make a non-color matched top look way better than the Wrangler.
Now I'm thinking a top that matches the color and texture of the fender flares might be the way to go. In that case, the Cactus Green would give me the 'storm trooper' appeal of White with a pop of color.
Carbonized Gray might not offer enough contrast to the standard flares and top. If I go with Carbonized Gray, I think I'd have to get matching (painted) flares and top.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1597096417975.png
If it actually looked like that I would get it. Unfortunately, this image has been darkened and desaturated. It's much lighter than that.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10mm less travel with SAS. no need to go SAS on BL.
Well, the 35s make a much more profound impact on most obstacles off road than 10mm of suspension travel...so certainly there is a reason for many to go SAS.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the 35s make a much more profound impact on most obstacles off road than 10mm of suspension travel...so certainly there is a reason for many to go SAS.
Exactly. The 35s will increase ground clearance while the suspension travel is more important for off-road articulation.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yeah I get the rock crawl part every MM matters. I am kinda waiting to see the potential option for high lift package on BL base with the 33s.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel that a Badlands-Sasquatch (Four-Door) without any added tech options from the mid, high, and lux packages is the best combination when it comes to long term reliability, durability, and dependability for an off-road rig.

I feel that if you add tech from the mid, high, and lux packages that things may go wrong and it is the last thing that you want to happen when out in the middle of nowhere. Of course you will have to add the auto transmission with the Sasquatch, so that the only "option."

Thoughts?

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my 2018 Ford Explorer there's brightness up and down buttons on the dash panel left of steering wheel. The lowest brightness setting is damn near zero backlight and not bothersome in the slightest. Much smaller than 12 inches though if course.
Also, there are brightness offsets in the screen itself. So you can use the button to decrease a certain amount and if that’s still too much, you can go into the display settings and make it even more dim. I hate how bright the screen is on my Raptor, but with the offset all the way down it’s perfect and not distracting at all.
Sponsored