Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I get 18mpg highway going 70-75mph in my '17 F150 with the 3.5EB/10-speed, 6" lift w/ 35" MT tires, I would hope the Bronco Badlands with the 2.7EB/10-speed would get 20+ mpg. Looks like its a 20gallon tank on 4doors so roughly 400 miles. Damn I'm spoiled with my 36-gallon tank on the f150.
I know and I'm getting the 2 door with the 16.9g tank. I'd hope for at least low if not mid 20s on the road and high teens for regular off-roading. Even the newer Raptors can get high teens at speed. We should be able to get some decent mpg, especially those off us going with 33s (and 2.7l).
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too wish they were an option as I have them in my f150 and the wife's grand Cherokee. But that doesn't mean I can't figure out how to install them, just prefer not too.
I wouldnā€™t bet of this option to be available on the Bronco. It looks like it made to be more rugged that an f150 or a Grand Cherokee.

Get the top off pop out the doors, you get plenty of air!

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem with seat chillers is all the ones Iā€™ve seen are just fans that blow air at your butt, requires perforated seats, which would not handle mud very well. Is there some other kind?

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just thinking with the option for leather, heated seats, heated steering wheel and these other amenities, that it's odd that it's not at least an option. We can then decide if we're worried about flying through mud with the doors and roof off. But for those other times when it's dusty and hot, they are a nice feature. I used them on my Raptor all the time off road (but then we didn't take the roof and doors off). Do I have them on my 68 Bronco, no lol but sometimes we get spoiled with technology over time!

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldnā€™t bet of this option to be available on the Bronco. It looks like it made to be more rugged that an f150 or a Grand Cherokee.

not an option when youā€™re taking a 10-14hr road trip. Around town sure no problem. Being my wifeā€™s DD, Iā€™ll wait and see how hard it is for her to remove/install the doors by herself. I have no problem removing the doors and top when out on the trails (leaving them at camp). I do it with my wrangler.

Iā€™ll be adding them to my gladiator so it wont be a deal breaker if ford doesn't offer them, but I can guarantee you a 100% the moment my wife finds out the bronco doesnt have them even with the lux package, Iā€™ll quickly need to go into selling her on me installing them, since this will be her DD and trail rig.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

And yet 90% Broncos will be pavement princesses with occasional dirt forrest roads, 1% hardcore rock climbers and the other 9% running the same trails that both my f150 and her grand cherokee run.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All require perf seats but Im not diving into mud and then getting into a bronco either. My windshield and trail doors on my wrangler knock any down that the fenders and rock rails don't stop. And if Im sitting in the seat at the time, Im blocking the holes from getting coated in mud. I have perf seats in 2 vehicles now that wheel alot in dusty areas and never had an issue with the holes getting clogged.

Its like heated seats or navigation touchscreens, once you have them, its hard to go back. You think the dash of the Bronco is completely sealed to prevent water from seeping into it when caught in rainstorms and top off? Thatā€™ll be an expensive fix with that 12ā€ screen and everything being tied into it.

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen anything about cooled seats as an option on any model? I may just stick with the marine grade vinyl interior but I have to admit I've been spoiled with leather and cooled seats on my last few vehicles. Off-roading on hot, dusty days, it's so nice! C'mon I know deep down some of you are the same lol!
I would love cooled seats and would pay extra for it. Iā€™ve never had them but one big reason Iā€™ve only ever had cloth instead of leather is the breathability. And concern of that with the vinyl seats might push me from badlands (or black diamond) to a model with cloth or Iā€™ll have to use seat covers.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They use an electric diffusion pad that actually creates cold air. These would short out on perforated seats if the top was off and the truck got rained on.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally sat down last night and put in a reservation. I had the Big Bend and Black Diamond pages open for comparison for my wife. She points to the Badlands and says "what about this one?" I showed her the differences and she says "well, if we're already spending the money we might as well get a serious truck"

Here I was trying to save some cash on the lower trims. I'm sure she will be less confident when the numbers are in and we're putting pen to paper. Ha.

Now I'm even more excited for this thing.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally sat down last night and put in a reservation. I had the Big Bend and Black Diamond pages open for comparison for my wife. She points to the Badlands and says "what about this one?" I showed her the differences and she says "well, if we're already spending the money we might as well get a serious truck"

Here I was trying to save some cash on the lower trims. I'm sure she will be less confident when the numbers are in and we're putting pen to paper. Ha.

Now I'm even more excited for this thing.
My wife has a fully loaded 2018 VW Tiguan R-Line and it cost her $48,000 CAD, the base Bronco is $40,500 CAD with no add ons. I told my wife at $53,000 CAD for the Badlands I get almost everything I want out of the new Bronco. Sasquatch package, 2.7L with auto and I am a happy man. Expecting it to be around $70,000 CAD all said and done. My wife is blown away that the Badlands is that expensive and it's not fully loaded. She's a city girl, doesn't understand me wanting a rugged vehicle like this for a new vehicle. It is what it is.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife has a fully loaded 2018 VW Tiguan R-Line and it cost her $48,000 CAD, the base Bronco is $40,500 CAD with no add ons. I told my wife at $53,000 CAD for the Badlands I get almost everything I want out of the new Bronco. Sasquatch package, 2.7L with auto and I am a happy man. Expecting it to be around $70,000 CAD all said and done. My wife is blown away that the Badlands is that expensive and it's not fully loaded. She's a city girl, doesn't understand me wanting a rugged vehicle like this for a new vehicle. It is what it is.
We've never bought anything more than $4000. Finally in a good spot in life so now's the chance.

I probably won't option it out much. $53,000 is already enough. Likely just a hard top. Don't need much else. Badlands is already overkill. Ha