Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Odd thread.

I’ve driven my Bronco Raptor off road a LOT in the last year. Its handled everything I’ve thrown at, crawled over or jumped off of without a mechanical issue.

But it’s not indestructible. It doesn’t look perfect anymore.

Case in point was on a relatively easy trail, Corral Hollow in the Sierras, I rolled over a large branch, it broke and speared the exhaust valve actuator, taking out my active exhaust. I’ve gots lots of other dings, scratches and underbody grinds accumulated. I’ve bashed my bash front bash plate in going a little too hot through a gully. But no major body or mechanical damage as I am trying to enjoy my ride for the long run. The Braptor is tough.

Of course, experience and, more importantly, common sense will always be the KEY determinants in avoiding the major fail.

So if you want your Braptor to be showroom quality to maximize your re-sale keep it on road, cause $hit happens…………….

Buuuuuuuuuuut, if you want to really really really put a $hit eating grin on your face, take it out and let it do BRaptor things in the mountains, desert or the local OHV park/track minor cosmetic damage be damned. All within your capability, experience, and common sense, of course.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So in other words, if I wanna Braptor, I can get the seats/dash and then go aftermarket for the suspension and tires, got it
and even make it a 2dr Braptor!!!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What a douchebag statement that is.
First of all, I'd bet your mother would not approve of such name calling, especially mostly anonymously. Second of all you should know that ad hominem attacks never show a stronger argument nor intellectual nor argumentative prowess - it's actually quite the opposite.

How about none of your opinions matter at all until you finally get your beloved Braptor that you've been waiting for so long, only then with your statements and opinions matter to the rest of us. Kind of the same thing don't you think?
OK, let me get this straight. I can't politely be dismissive of a review of a vehicle, intended for hard off-road usage, because I don't own the vehicle myself? What utter and complete nonsense. Everyone is entitled to weigh opinions in any way they choose, and given that I do enjoy a wide variety of off-roading, it would be very silly for me to take much stock in a review from someone who is unwilling to off-road said vehicle.

I recall you recently going on and on in another post about how a vehicle should be used for what a vehicle is designed for. Well, reviews should be accounted for (discounted) in the exact same fashion. What unreal hypocrisy.

Untill you get your Braptor and have REAL experience, the rest is just a fantasy land of guesswork.

more hogwash
I was not providing my personal evaluation of any vehicle, obviously. Can you even read?

Talk about hogwash, man, time to look in the mirror.

Of course, last but not least we are all awaiting an honest accounting of your TOTAL vehicle expenses on both rigs for which you claim cost less than a Raptor and and "better" than one. The other thread, obviously...

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You want the Raptor to come with smaller tires for better street driving????

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Odd thread.

I’ve driven my Bronco Raptor off road a LOT in the last year. Its handled everything I’ve thrown at, crawled over or jumped off of without a mechanical issue.

But it’s not indestructible. It doesn’t look perfect anymore.

Case in point was on a relatively easy trail, Corral Hollow in the Sierras, I rolled over a large branch, it broke and speared the exhaust valve actuator, taking out my active exhaust. I’ve gots lots of other dings, scratches and underbody grinds accumulated. I’ve bashed my bash front bash plate in going a little too hot through a gully. But no major body or mechanical damage as I am trying to enjoy my ride for the long run. The Braptor is tough.

Of course, experience and, more importantly, common sense will always be the KEY determinants in avoiding the major fail.

So if you want your Braptor to be showroom quality to maximize your re-sale keep it on road, cause $hit happens…………….

Buuuuuuuuuuut, if you want to really really really put a $hit eating grin on your face, take it out and let it do BRaptor things in the mountains, desert or the local OHV park/track minor cosmetic damage be damned. All within your capability, experience, and common sense, of course.
I think I know you….
Sponsored