Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We will have that was well, A jerry can will require a door stop most likely so the jerry can doesn't get crushed by the tire and the fender at full swing.
Yes, this is a must-have item!

The 2-door lifestyle comes with a smaller bladder so you need more pit stops. Currently I'm trying to get a system which will allow for a dual Wavian/Nato jerry can holder (with stops to prevent impacts when opening tailgate).
Sponsored

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed mine. Overall, it's pretty straightforward, but some basic instructions/pictures would have been nice. I struggled with the supplied bump stops as well and am hopeful that BAMF will provide a picture or two of how that is all supposed to go together. I ender up using the original bumps and just threaded the supplied bolt through the tailgate where the crappy factory plastic holder had been (don't over tighten!). Stock wheels definitely don't work well with it (30mm of positive offset). My new wheels should correct the issue.

Overall, it's a quality product and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to strengthen their tailgate.

Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement IMG_7268

Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement IMG_7271

Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement IMG_7272

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed mine. Overall, it's pretty straightforward, but some basic instructions/pictures would have been nice. I struggled with the supplied bump stops as well and am hopeful that BAMF will provide a picture or two of how that is all supposed to go together. I ender up using the original bumps and just threaded the supplied bolt through the tailgate where the crappy factory plastic holder had been (don't over tighten!). Stock wheels definitely don't work well with it (30mm of positive offset). My new wheels should correct the issue.

Overall, it's a quality product and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to strengthen their tailgate.

How many MMs do you predict to clear that lip? I had to add spacers to my wheel to clear my new bumper (15mm), so hoping the wheel will clear my tailgate reinforcement when it arrives. I tried to call BAMF but they never pick up their phone or reply to email, apparently.

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully these pictures will help with your question. The bracket is 2" at its widest. I'm guessing the stock 315/70 R17 is contacting it where it is about 1.5"- 1.75" wide at both the top and the bottom.

Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement IMG_7273

Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement IMG_7275

Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement IMG_7278

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully these pictures will help with your question. The bracket is 2" at its widest. I'm guessing the stock 315/70 R17 is contacting it where it is about 1.5"- 1.75" wide at both the top and the bottom.

IMG_7273.jpeg

IMG_7275.jpeg

IMG_7278.jpeg
Thanks! I might be good...I bought Method 705s for the bead grips, and my choice was either +35 or 0 offset...I chose +35 because I am not a fan of tires sticking out past flares. The extra 5 positive would have made it impossible to use that tailgate reinforcement but because I had to clear my aftermarket bumper I had to add a total additional distance over stock of 15mm...so here is hoping it clears ,(that also meant having to add longer studs on the spare tire carrier...no fun). It sucks that bumper manufacturers and tailgate folks are probably using non Sasquatch models to do their CAD designs...or they think everyone wants 0 or negative offsets.

How long after you ordered your bracket did it arrive? And do you plan to get the Jerry can holder if/when BAMF makes it?

Sponsored

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it took about 2 weeks to get it. It would have shipped sooner but they were waiting on the hardware. It's also not powder coated like I thought. I believe it is more like a rhino liner (kind of a rubberized feel). One of the corners of mine was peeling off and looks/feels like a bed-liner material.

I'm not planning on getting the jerry can holder at this point, but that could change.

IMG_7279.jpeg

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it took about 2 weeks to get it. It would have shipped sooner but they were waiting on the hardware. It's also not powder coated like I thought. I believe it is more like a rhino liner (kind of a rubberized feel). One of the corners of mine was peeling off and looks/feels like a bed-liner material.

I'm not planning on getting the jerry can holder at this point, but that could change.
It’s not powder coated? I’m out.

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BAMF would have to confirm what coating it has on it. It's not bad, but I thought it was going to be powder coated as that is how they advertise it on their website.

Last edited:

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If it’s peeling and you just got it, that’s all the info I need to make a decision.

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BAMF would have to confirm what coating it has on it. It's not bad, but I thought it was going to be powder coated as that is how they advertise it on their website.
If it's the same as used on their bumpers.....https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-FORD-Bronco-Front-Winch-Bumper_p_169.html?redirect=1

Our powder coating "Included" is unlike anything else in the industry.
It's a completely field repairable thermoplastic coating you can fix with a heat gun or blow torch
(Yeah I said you can fix it with FIRE!). Laid on ultra thick for long lasting protection you will not see anything else like it on the market.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's the same as used on their bumpers.....https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-FORD-Bronco-Front-Winch-Bumper_p_169.html?redirect=1
I just wish they would answer their phone or email...sigh...I bought an ASFIR tranny skid plate that works with the Badlands plates and not only did the company respond instantly but they also shipped the plate from Israel in mere days with no waiting period to build.

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_7279.jpeg
If it’s peeling and you just got it, that’s all the info I need to make a decision.

Our powder coating is a a powder coting it's a field repairable thermoplastic not your standard egg shell thermoset.. If it was scuffed in transport a heat gun or blow torch will fix it.
https://www.theprotechgroup.com/brands/polyarmor-2/

Last edited:
OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wish they would answer their phone or email...sigh...I bought an ASFIR tranny skid plate that works with the Badlands plates and not only did the company respond instantly but they also shipped the plate from Israel in mere days with no waiting period to build.
We took a three day weekend we were not here on Friday. And i have no emails from a rob when did you send an email?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So will this not work with Sasquatch wheels and tires? The pics above make it look like it’s jammed against the tailgate reinforcer pretty hard… ❓❓❓

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So will this not work with Sasquatch wheels and tires? The pics above make it look like it’s jammed against the tailgate reinforcer pretty hard… ❓❓❓
The plus 30mm wheels with the 315 a 1/4" spacer can be placed in between.
Sponsored