First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We took a three day weekend we were not here on Friday. And i have no emails from a rob when did you send an email?
Hello! I sent one back in May before I was going to place an order and then I've called the phone number on several occasions but there was no response.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello! I sent one back in May before I was going to place an order and then I've called the phone number on several occasions but there was no response.
Sorry I don't have any missed emails from you. It might of went to spam. And we don't have someone in the office answering phones 90% are cold sales calls in our area. if you let it ring it will get answered as soon as someone hears it.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The plus 30mm wheels with the 315 a 1/4" spacer can be placed in between.
There’s some saying about people wondering if you’re an idiot or opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

Anyway… I don’t know what most of that means. But I gather something needs to be placed between what the wheel mounts on and the wheel?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s some saying about people wondering if you’re an idiot or opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

Anyway… I don’t know what most of that means. But I gather something needs to be placed between what the wheel mounts on and the wheel?
HHCSOP 5x5.5 6x5.5 Universal Wheel Spacers 1/4" (6mm) Compatible with Toyota Tacoma 4Runner | Chevy Tahoe Silverado 1500 | GMC Canyon Sierra 1500 | Dodge Ram 1500 | Ford F150 F100 https://a.co/d/70AZvl8

Those would work but note that our spare lugs are too short to go much more than 5mm of spacing (any spacing is too much for my liking with our factory spare studs). I had to remove the tack welded studs from the factory and added 55mm m12x1.5studs to compensate for the 15mm spacing I had to do for my new wheel with a 35 offset. Ideally with whatever spacing you end up with to clear the brace you should have at least 12mm of thread left on the studs...and due to the design of the spare tire carrier, the lowest stud is already slightly shorter than the top two. Note that if you use a spacer it also means your rubber snubbers have less contact distance.

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am impressed with the design and quality of this product. It came well packed/protected and the communication I had with the guys at BAMF was great. I'm getting my new wheels on tomorrow (zero offset) and will post pictures of fitment if anyone needs.

Again, I would highly recommend this for anyone hanging larger tires or extra weight on the tailgate.

Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine came in yesterday. Have not opened it yet.
So the Sasquatch factory tires and rim need a spacer?
And a spacer may make to studs too short?

If we need a spacer I think we can cut one out of ABS plastic sheets. Very light weight, multiple thickness so can tweek it to fit, easy and we already have it. Spare tire won't need anything very rugged for a spacer.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine came in yesterday. Have not opened it yet.
So the Sasquatch factory tires and rim need a spacer?
And a spacer may make to studs too short?

If we need a spacer I think we can cut one out of ABS plastic sheets. Very light weight, multiple thickness so can tweek it to fit, easy and we already have it. Spare tire won't need anything very rugged for a spacer.
I have a Sasquatch spare and at least for me using a 6mm spacer (to make the spare clear my aftermarket bumper) made me nervous enough about the stock stud length to take the carrier assembly apart and to remove the ring the studs were tack welded to, Dremel them off, and replace the short ones with longer ones (I used some actual wheel studs, drilled slightly larger holes for the tapered bases, and they were tack welded). I don't have my bracket yet, but from the pics if you have a Sasquatch spare you will absolutely need a spacer (not sure about the exact length yet). When mine arrives I will post pics and measurements.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be installing the re-enforcement plate later in the week. I usually try the easy route first....I can Build a $25 part for about $45 ha ha.

I will go to longer studs if that is what we need. Thanks for this tip. Our tires put our spare carrier very near the factory limit. I really want to like and use this re-enforcement.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be installing the re-enforcement plate later in the week. I usually try the easy route first....I can Build a $25 part for about $45 ha ha.

I will go to longer studs if that is what we need. Thanks for this tip. Our tires put our spare carrier very near the factory limit. I really want to like and use this re-enforcement.
Same...I like the reinforcement as well...and I already have the RC one installed but I like the BAMF better. Note that to remove the studs you have to disconnect the wiring plugs and disassemble the carrier so the harness can clear the ring with the studs on it.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Website link? And requires spacer for SAS wheels/tires?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the manufacturers thread.
Please see page 1, post one.

It seems that the factory SAS may fit a little tight against the re-enforcement plate and some people may want/need a spacer. Understandable since there are 1/2 a dozen or more factory combos and then dozens of after market that are very popular.

posted same time as OP. Thanks OP for the info. I got mine yesterday!

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just ordered mine. Appreciate all the comments and advice in this thread.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully this week I can do my install.

Did you ever get a PDF made to help with instructions?
May not need them but it never hurts.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mounting the tailgate reinforcement is a little more than simple bolt on.
The square shape with the several holes (see pic below) interferes with the alignment of the spare tire mount. The top angled areas shown by the arrows are a little large so I ground off the corresponding area on the Bronco factory spare tire mount. That part is plastic covered aluminium so easy to remove the problem area with a carbide burr and air grinder. You could grind the tailgate piece but it is steel.

Depending on tire size and rim set back you may need a spacer to mount the spare tire so it won't hit the reinforcement bracket. The factory spare lug nuts need to be lengthened by that same amount or 1/16 inch or so more. Broncorik is right about the bottom lug being somewhat shorter. I am in the process of drilling out my spare lugs and going to tac weld longer bolts in place. Not hard just more than I enjoy in this 100 degree temps.

FYI:
My tires are Sasquatch size but Mickey Thompson with factory rims. The Mickey's have a more aggressive sidewall that contributes touching the tailgate reinforcement. I need a spacer that is 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick. Factory tires may get by with 1/4 inch spacer....but you will need a spacer with Sasquatch and factory rims or rims of the same set back.

Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement Tire gate support
Sponsored