BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I apologize for the dumb question but I’m a novice when it comes to trucks and SUVs. My wife and I plan to buy a base 2dr Bronco with the only planned option being the $700 hard top. This will be a second vehicle and essentially a weekend toy to bring the dog to the mountains and just cruise around in, mostly on asphalt.

We’d like to put 35s on it but mainly just for aesthetic reasons, although the additional ground clearance will be nice to deal with snow, flooding, etc. Would consider the Sasquatch Package but only if it was possible to keep the manual. If not, that’s a deal breaker, we will not buy it without a stick.

So my question is this: is there any reason we couldn’t buy a base 2dr and then add aftermarket wheels and 35” all season tires? We plan to take it off road occasionally but nothing hardcore that really requires all of the other goodies in the Sasquatch package. Will the base be able to clear 35” tires without any suspension modifications. Will the suspension components be strong enough to handle the additional weight at all four corners without compromising reliability/durability?

Are any of you planning a similar approach to this — base + aftermarket 35s? Wondering what everyone here likes for aftermarket wheels for their 35” tires...
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anything is possible if you go the aftermarket route...Nitto Trail Grapplers if you do aftermarket...

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I apologize for the dumb question but I’m a novice when it comes to trucks and SUVs. My wife and I plan to buy a base 2dr Bronco with the only planned option being the $700 hard top. This will be a second vehicle and essentially a weekend toy to bring the dog to the mountains and just cruise around in, mostly on asphalt.

We’d like to put 35s on it but mainly just for aesthetic reasons, although the additional ground clearance will be nice to deal with snow, flooding, etc. Would consider the Sasquatch Package but only if it was possible to keep the manual. If not, that’s a deal breaker, we will not buy it without a stick.

So my question is this: is there any reason we couldn’t buy a base 2dr and then add aftermarket wheels and 35” all season tires? We plan to take it off road occasionally but nothing hardcore that really requires all of the other goodies in the Sasquatch package. Will the base be able to clear 35” tires without any suspension modifications. Will the suspension components be strong enough to handle the additional weight at all four corners without compromising reliability/durability?

Are any of you planning a similar approach to this — base + aftermarket 35s? Wondering what everyone here likes for aftermarket wheels for their 35” tires...
Let me go meausure my 2door base, itll be a second its in my garage

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It comes with the hard top. I've seen those 700 hard top prices on the Base, but I think that's a mistake, it's included (per the website)
I think that was just for the configurater web test

Sponsored
OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anything is possible if you go the aftermarket route...Nitto Trail Grapplers if you do aftermarket...
Researching these now. They sound like exactly what we'd want. Thanks for the recommendation!

EcobeastRyan

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 fusion se
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m guess a base 2 dr with 35’s May have some clearance issues unless you go with the 2 inch optional lift

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will the 35's fit on the stock base? Anything is possible. I've don't it on old FSB's in the past. Wasn't so good.

You'll want to look at (the very least) a 4" lift. Then put the new 35's underneath it. That way you'll have what you want and it'll then be able to handle the trails. And it'll cost a hell of a lot less than the Squatch package.

You confuse me on the top though, 2 door comes with hard top standard. 4 door hard top is an option.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
35s will probably rub, but no one knows yet. 32 or 33 should be OK

OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It comes with the hard top. I've seen those 700 hard top prices on the Base, but I think that's a mistake, it's included (per the website)
More money for aftermarket goodies. That's really great news. I can't believe that in 2020/2021 it's possible to find a vehicle that a buyer could actually be satisfied with in base trim with no options. Not that we would spend more money on the higher trims anyway, but it's still pretty incredible.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Researching these now. They sound like exactly what we'd want. Thanks for the recommendation!
Also take a look at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They're more of a hybrid M/T and A/T.

Cuz if it were mudders you wanted I'd still take the BFG M/T's over the Nitto... Or who is it.... @MaverickMan that always says nothing beats a good old set of Swampers! ?

OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will the 35's fit on the stock base? Anything is possible. I've don't it on old FSB's in the past. Wasn't so good.

You'll want to look at (the very least) a 4" lift. Then put the new 35's underneath it. That way you'll have what you want and it'll then be able to handle the trails. And it'll cost a hell of a lot less than the Squatch package.

You confuse me on the top though, 2 door comes with hard top standard. 4 door hard top is an option.
Got it, OK, makes sense. We'd definitely like to avoid spending $5K on the Sasquatch but it's more the fact that it might be an auto only package, so that's another $1600 (I think) on top of the $5K for a transmission we have no interest in.

I was confused by pricing I saw in another thread about options available for the base, didn't realize the 2dr comes standard with the hard top. Really great news.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I'm happy with the 2 dr Base manual, I think it'll be great. Only option I want is modular bumper to keep people from hitting my car in the parking garage. When I had the FSB I walked up on a guy who hit my bronco and sped off. FSB bumper didn't have a mark, but the guy left his entire front passenger signal lenses laying on the ground.
Definitely worth having steel bumpers

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish they would just provide the manual with Sasquatch for you guys. It would make your decisions much easier and beneficial to your use of the bronco.

OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m guess a base 2 dr with 35’s May have some clearance issues unless you go with the 2 inch optional lift
I didn't realize Ford was offering a 2-inch lift kit. Just looked that up, I guess that's what they were showing on their 2dr with the 37s. Very good to know... so I might actually end up with at least one option added after all. (y)
Sponsored