Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what does $1500 buy you?
He just said...a little bit more lift; significantly bigger tires; better and wider wheels; wider flares; taller gears (auto). Not bad for $1,500....
Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW. The BASE Badlands comes with wheels and tires and 4.7 gearing. If you are going to reply to a tread, you should read it. The difference is $2500 not $1500.

Sorry I asked.
Get the Base BL if it isn't worth it to you. People are just trying to help.

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve flip flopped as much as anyone on here. I just changed my order the 3rd time. I ultimately decided I’d rather get the gearing done right from the factory with the bigger tires. The 33s are plenty, but knowing that eventually I’d want 35s, I’d rather have things done right from the jump.

Besides the actual parts involved, paying for the labor to have the gearing done will be expensive.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm replacing my goofy squatched flares with the regular ones. A 10-minute swap and it's gonna look awesome!
I agree with this. I have questions. Are any changes needed to the front and/or rear bumpers? If you do not will the bumpers stick out? Does Ford sell replacement end caps?

Edit: I will probably go 33's and change to a taller same width tire later.

Sponsored

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

while I think the 35” looks better than the 33” on the 4-door (even the optional 33” MTs)... the best look is really 37” tires. So I can non-squatch BL, get my manual with higher gears (albeit smaller engine) and by the time the tread’s out on the 33s... there will be good suspension options and I can shop for 37” rubber. Hope the 37s aren’t too squishy with 4.7 gearing. Might go with 37s on the lighter side of the weight spectrum and look for lighter wheels.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm ordering with 33"s. May sale the stock wheels and tires and go aftermarket wheels with 34's on the 2 door Badlands.

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Vette, F10 M5 BMW, F150 Shelby, F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am most likely to take the 35 Goodyears and the OEM factory wheels off the first day and go with a 18-inch wheel, 1 inch wider and then a 35" BFG M/T so if anyone wants a deal on OEM sasquatch package tire and wheel set up, PM me Im n Dallas

Back to the thread....get the 35-inch pack. if it's in your budget. You get better gearing and save money in the long run.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not the first to mention this but I am curious how the bronco would look with the ranger raptor wheels. Same bolt pattern with 55 offset like the base badlands.

Sponsored

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Vette, F10 M5 BMW, F150 Shelby, F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not the first to mention this but I am curious how the bronco would look with the ranger raptor wheels. Same bolt pattern with 55 offset like the base badlands.
I love the raptor wheels

images (1).jpg

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did a quick photoshop with the Raptor Wheels. Pardon my fastback roof.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 7.59.44 PM.png

MaddMax

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S5, 1970 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it absolutely necessary to upgrade the gearing on a stock Badlands to run 34 or 35 in tires?

I rather go stock and upgrade tires and wheels separately, and add the ford performance lift when it becomes available. The 35" Goodyear MTs in the Sas package look boring compared to the other options we saw at KOH.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did a quick photoshop with the Raptor Wheels. Pardon my fastback roof.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 7.59.44 PM.png
Thanks, How did you know that I order OW? I plan to change if green is available for MY22 and I like the shade. I may need to find a set of these wheels to mount dedicated snow tires on.
Or the other way around

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it absolutely necessary to upgrade the gearing on a stock Badlands to run 34 or 35 in tires?

I rather go stock and upgrade tires and wheels separately, and add the ford performance lift when it becomes available. The 35" Goodyear MTs in the Sas package look boring compared to the other options we saw at KOH.
With a 2.7, not necessary per se, but your gears will seem longer and won't quite come off the line like it would with the 4.7 gears. I ran 35s on 3.73 gears and it was a dog, but that was in a TJ. It wasn't till I went to 4.55 gears that it felt right.
IMO, the 4.7 gears will get me to 37s, if I ever want to. Either way, you'll need to recalibrate the speedo for the larger tire size.
Sponsored