Sponsored

35s on stock non-Sasquatch Badlands wheel?

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without rehashing this for the 80 millionth time, my advice is that unless you are ride or die with the manual, just get the Squatch if you want 35s. You're gonna spend $1200-$1500 on tires anyway, the extra thousand bucks is worth the piece of mind. You're not going to regret spending a little extra down the road, but you might regret slapping 35s on a stock vehicle and it not working out how you wanted.
I’m ride or die with the MT. So was Jay Leno when Ford proposed they wedge a GT500 in his ‘68 Bronco. He said MT or no. They made the first Manual GT500 just for Jay :cool:
Sponsored

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you consider the auto an upgrade .... LOL. (sarcasm - joking)

Someone here had a discussion with a Ford suspension engineer whosaid the suspensions are the same, with the Badlands being limited in up travel so that the 35 does not get into the sheetmetal and the disco.
Supposedly, what the Badlands needs is the high clearence fenders from the Squatch....(which isn't suspension related).
Lol. I get that. I haven't had a manual since I sold my 06 Mustang GT few years ago. I miss having a manual... but... with it being a DD and having a girlfriend i take with me who may want to drive on occasion... im thinking auto... If i was a hardcore off roader or rock crawler id stick with MT... Of course then id probly do a 2 door over a 4 door as well... but i got kids and friends that camp with me. 4 door is needed.

I ever have another Mustang again it will for sure be a manual....

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m ride or die with the MT. So was Jay Leno when Ford proposed they wedge a GT500 in his ‘68 Bronco. He said MT or no. They made the first Manual GT500 just for Jay :cool:
Well.. Leno Isnt just a huge car guy Lenos a purist too...

His favorite vehicle is a early 1900s steam auto, Because he said it's literally the most challenging thing hes ever driven ... lol

Guys a purist.

I like Leno... true automotive enthusiast... he wants a challenge when he drives.. lol

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
People that are die hard manual with the Badlands just throw bump stops on and 35s.

If your good with or like the Automatic better then i would definitely just go Sasquatch right from the start. To me thats the best route.

Other then that 35s will not fit as it sits from the factory without major rubbing issues.

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People that are die hard manual with the Badlands just throw bump stops on and 35s.

If your good with or like the Automatic better then i would definitely just go Sasquatch right from the start. To me thats the best route.

Other then that 35s will not fit as it sits from the factory without major rubbing issues.
Agree. Only issue i have with squatch is the price... all im interested in is enough ground clearance to not bottom out at my duck pond and for mountains / lakes to get to a place where I can kayak.

I don't need all the suspension and axle upgrades to go where i go. I get everywhere I need to go just fine in my 2006 F150 super crew on 35s with stock everything else.... my issue:

Im tired of using a truck. Ive always wanted a Jeep like vehicle... but im not big on Chrysler. Im a Ford guy... Now Ford makes their version of a jeep which is something ive been patiently waiting on for the last couple years...

I think I'll be fine with 33s... im not dropping 5k for 35s and suspension / axle upgrades that while nice... I probably really dont need. 33s vs 35 is 1 inch more clearence. The Bronco sitting on 33s should give me clearance i need.

If they had a package that simply put 35 inch tires on it with fender flares I would go for that... but they dont. 5k is just too much for me to drop for 35s since that's all I would be doing it for.

I was all about squatch til i saw 5k... lol

Sponsored
OP
OP

Joe Dirt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tundra 2001
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without rehashing this for the 80 millionth time, my advice is that unless you are ride or die with the manual, just get the Squatch if you want 35s. You're gonna spend $1200-$1500 on tires anyway, the extra thousand bucks is worth the piece of mind. You're not going to regret spending a little extra down the road, but you might regret slapping 35s on a stock vehicle and it not working out how you wanted.
thats a good point of view.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree. Only issue i have with squatch is the price... all im interested in is enough ground clearance to not bottom out at my duck pond and for mountains / lakes to get to a place where I can kayak.

I don't need all the suspension and axle upgrades to go where i go. I get everywhere I need to go just fine in my 2006 F150 super crew on 35s with stock everything else.... my issue:

Im tired of using a truck. Ive always wanted a Jeep like vehicle... but im not big on Chrysler. Im a Ford guy... Now Ford makes their version of a jeep which is something ive been patiently waiting on for the last couple years...

I think I'll be fine with 33s... im not dropping 5k for 35s and suspension / axle upgrades that while nice... I probably really dont need. 33s vs 35 is 1 inch more clearence. The Bronco sitting on 33s should give me clearance i need.

If they had a package that simply put 35 inch tires on it with fender flares I would go for that... but they dont. 5k is just too much for me to drop for 35s since that's all I would be doing it for.

I was all about squatch til i saw 5k... lol
You'll be perfectly fine with the 33s on the Badlands. To be honest for what you want 32s would be perfect even. From a technical standpoint the Badlands itself is actually overkill for your use. I actually think you would be perfectly happy in a Black Diamond and thats even more then enough. Save yourself thousands.

Me personally for the money I'm going Base + Sasquatch. I want the extreme Off Roading capability with 35s without all the creature comforts.

So many options to chose from you can't go wrong with any of them really.

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You'll be perfectly fine with the 33s on the Badlands. To be honest for what you want 32s would be perfect even. From a technical standpoint the Badlands itself is actually overkill for your use. I actually think you would be perfectly happy in a Black Diamond and thats even more then enough. Save yourself thousands.

Me personally for the money I'm going Base + Sasquatch. I want the extreme Off Roading capability with 35s without all the creature comforts.

So many options to chose from you can't go wrong with any of them really.
I reserved a 4dr Black Diamond. At this point only upgrades I'm adding is the 2.7 l and automatic... i want the marine interior...

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved a 4dr Black Diamond. At this point only upgrades I'm adding is the 2.7 l and automatic... i want the marine interior...
Thats an excellent choice ?

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If 35s can safely be put on the Badland rims then why not just add them the bump-stop

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If 35s can safely be put on the Badland rims then why not just add them the bump-stop

Because you would loose the extra articulation you’re able to achieve with the sway disconnect. That’s the only reason they made that system.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just buy my Sasquatch wheels...

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tires and wheels. You'll need wider wheels to put on 35s.
I don't think this is correct. I asked this question earlier (will find the thread) and someone set me straight. Check out the Jeep guys. Lots of them run 35x12.5 on a 7.5 inch rim, so 8 inch is no problem. Looks like you have to be a little more careful with air pressure and maybe not air down below 15 psi or so. Again, suspect that won't be an issue for 99% of the population.

Second point on rubbing. If the Squatch bump stop only limits travel 10mm then you are talking only the most minor amount of rubbing under full articulation.

My current plan is badlands no squatch and putting 35x12.5 on my stock rims. No bumpstops. Just see how she does.

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think this is correct. I asked this question earlier (will find the thread) and someone set me straight. Check out the Jeep guys. Lots of them run 35x12.5 on a 7.5 inch rim, so 8 inch is no problem. Looks like you have to be a little more careful with air pressure and maybe not air down below 15 psi or so. Again, suspect that won't be an issue for 99% of the population.

Second point on rubbing. If the Squatch bump stop only limits travel 10mm then you are talking only the most minor amount of rubbing under full articulation.

My current plan is badlands no squatch and putting 35x12.5 on my stock rims. No bumpstops. Just see how she does.
I bet you have zero issues running 35s like that. Like i already said, difference in 33 vs 35 is ~1 inch more ground clearance and ~1 inch more stuffed in the wheel well.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like a ton of the gladiator guys are doing it. I had to post this picture for some inspiration. Since there's nothing else to talk about other than when build and price will be available .....

Ford Bronco 35s on stock non-Sasquatch Badlands wheel? Gladiator with 35s

Maybe it's just me, but in a weird way I think it almost looks better with a slightly narrower and stock rim like this. It makes the tires look nice and fat and not as stretched. And just even with the fender flares. Plus I feel like, with Jeeps especially, all you see is rigs running these huge offset aftermarket wheels with 35s. This factory look may end up being a little more rare. Who knows.
Sponsored