Sponsored

Negative offset wheels -- Will this rub on a sasquatch still utilizing the stock 35s?

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

B/C I'm slightly dumb when it comes to offset and backspacing.
Will this rub on a sasquatch still utilizing the stock 35s?
Ford Bronco Negative offset wheels -- Will this rub on a sasquatch still utilizing the stock 35s? Screenshot_20220914_170631

I searched but didn't find anything useful.
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, it won't rub.

It will move the tire out just over an inch per side. So overall you'll be a little wider than stock Squatch wheels.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's roughly 1.5" more than stock. I'd lay a piece of 2x4 against the tire and turn lock to lock looking for contact.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks guys
The 2x4 is a good idea!
If you have any way of cycling the suspension while you check it would be best. Put one wheel on a ramp or something. I suspect there's plenty of clearance at rest, but if a tire is stuffed it might get close.

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is our Base model with 35" Patagonia X/Ts on TeraFlex Nomad wheels:

Ford Bronco Negative offset wheels -- Will this rub on a sasquatch still utilizing the stock 35s? NR-Bronco-Tahuya

The Nomad wheels are similar in size to what you are looking at - 17x8.5 with a 0mm offset, 4.75 backspace.

The wheels you are looking at are 9" wide, so you'd have an extra 1/2" of width to the outside.

Currently this Bronco has an RC leveling kit, with two spacers plates in front - gained 3/4" lift and one spacer in the back - +1/4"-ish.

The 35s fit and drive great around town. But it does rub a little off-road when flexing through the bigger obstacles at full lock.

At speed though the potholes and rutted out fire roads we're constantly into the fenders on the bigger compressions. Part of it is the lower end suspension. The shocks were not designed to control that big of a tire. Nor the weight of the winch bumper and winch we have on this rig.

The Bilsteins on my wife's Base Squatch handle the 35s great and we've yet to rub anything, even on some big compressions.

Last edited:

Tech Tim

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Her Base Squatch is still running the OE Squatch wheels and tires.

Sasquatch wheel specs: 17x8.5 with +30mm offset (5.93" backspace)

Ford Bronco Negative offset wheels -- Will this rub on a sasquatch still utilizing the stock 35s? DebSquatch-EBur

Last edited:

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'll be fine, I'm running 20x10 -18 with 35x12.50
ridge grapplers and just barely touched the front of the stock running board at full lock on stock sasquatch suspension.

Black Bronk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'll be fine, I'm running 20x10 -18 with 35x12.50
ridge grapplers and just barely touched the front of the stock running board at full lock on stock sasquatch suspension.
Exact setup I have and it rubs. After a while offroading it began to rip the material in the wheel well. Now looking into wheels with an offset higher than -6 to see if that fixes the issue

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have mudflaps you will need to trim them. But I haven't noticed any rubbing other than on the flaps which I'm still trimming little by little. The stock 35's actually run small (under 34") vs most 35's which run around 34.6" so you should have more room than the 35/12.5/17's I'm running on 17x9 -6 wheels.

Ford Bronco Negative offset wheels -- Will this rub on a sasquatch still utilizing the stock 35s? bronco_comp2

Ford Bronco Negative offset wheels -- Will this rub on a sasquatch still utilizing the stock 35s? bronco_comp7

Ford Bronco Negative offset wheels -- Will this rub on a sasquatch still utilizing the stock 35s? bronco_comp6
Sponsored