First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The fact that you can cross shop anything you want doesn't mean they are comparable. Just because a steel toed work boot and a flip-flop both go on your feet doesn't make them comparable.

The Maverick is an amazing little truck, especially if you can restrain yourself to base kit. Not shitting on it at all, I think there's a huge market for people who want a bed but don't want to spend 40k. That doesn't mean it has anything at all to do with the Bronco.
For me: Daily driver, sometime dirt road, would like to cook, maybe camp/overland, the use case end up pretty similar. However, Manual transmission and taking the roof/door off and of course 4WD set the Bronco apart. But 9 grand more? Not sure.
Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ha I love this thread!! I have a 4 door Bronco BD Sas, Mid, soft top coming soon ( I hope)… I also have a Maverick awd xlt, 360 safety, 4K tow, lux pack, FX4 on order..also in cactus gray.. this will be for my girlfriend who‘s a fly fishing guide.I thought the Maverick was an ideal fit for her, the ability to store a lot of gear under the backseat, rod tubes/bags/coolers etc. in the bed under a hard tonneau ..Generally good safety and tech and we’re pretty excited about it. So no I don’t think Maverick would fit for me but I think it’s great for her being a single mom who works remotely at times. Pretty cool design.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also I was reading on the Maverik forum that a lot of people finally realize that the XL did not come with cruise control nor was it an option.. That will be a deal breaker for commuters or people who are used to having cruise control. Not a big deal for everyone but definitely consideration when it’s not available in the XL trim.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also I was reading on the Maverik forum that a lot of people finally realize that the XL did not come with cruise control nor was it an option.. That will be a deal breaker for commuters or people who are used to having cruise control. Not a big deal for everyone but definitely consideration when it’s not available in the XL trim.
'04 F250, Base, think rubber floor mats, crank windows. Tilt, cruise and air were standard...

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you serious here? This is just clickbait for someone’s YouTube

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got my Base Bronco a couple of months ago for $30,555. I thought it was a great "Price Hack", meaning it was priced less than it should be. Now the Base Maverick is just about to come out and I am stunned by how much lower it its than it should be. Would I buy a Maverick instead of a Bronco if I had to do it over again? I will go over the different use cases for each vehicle, configure the Maverick the way I would want it, and then answer the question: Base Bronco... or Base Maverick? NOTE: In this video, I use Ford Build and Price for both vehicles as of Sept 27, 2021.

if you have to ask, you should have purchased the maverick. there are no similarities other than a blue oval.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

if you have to ask, you should have purchased the maverick. there are no similarities other than a blue oval.
19k FWD vs 30k 4wd. Exactly. I wish the admin would lock this thread. It’s a worthless bandwidth hog……. Like me

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on reaction to the video on YouTube, there are more cross shoppers than just me.

Value oriented buyers looking for a "price hack" had the Bronco Base 2-door as the best deal in all of Ford at $28,500. Now that has shifted to the $20K, seats 5 or 38 bags of mulch, 40MPG Maverick. It handles more use cases than the Maverick and can at least get you to the head of the trail with an ATV that fits in the back, even if it cannot literally take you through the trail. And you can afford that ATV, no problem with the money you save.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
19k FWD vs 30k 4wd. Exactly. I wish the admin would lock this thread. It’s a worthless bandwidth hog……. Like me
$20K for the Maverick v. $28,500 for the Base Bronco 2-Door. Neither include destination charge.

I cannot afford a Sasquatch, Raptor, First Edition.
I buy based on price and potential resale value first, then figure out use cases that would work for me.

I could afford BOTH a Maverick and a decent ATV/offroad motorbike that would fit in the bed for LESS than even a Base Bronco. I could still 'G.O.A.T." like your $60K monster truck with that setup.

Meanwhile, my trips to CostCo, Lowe's and the gas stations would be easier/cheaper. I will say that my 2-door Bronco is very easy to parallel park, which I do often, so I still win there.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you serious here? This is just clickbait for someone’s YouTube
I am serious. I am not going to spend unlimited money to get a Bronco. The Maverick checks most of the boxes for me. I would consider it, it were made in the US.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
'04 F250, Base, think rubber floor mats, crank windows. Tilt, cruise and air were standard...
They have to make it a bit of a pain for that base price. I think you have to put a key into a hole too.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I barely use cruise control, but it is really hard to downgrade. I have a Base Bronco and I had to downgrade in a few area compared to my previous 2017 Mustang. Not having a proximity sensors for the doors and no back up audio sound when I am getting close is annoying.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've thought about the Maverick, its price is too good to be true, nothing close to it can compete in the price, it will steal longtime Civic, Corolla, Elantra... owners, my build is XLT w Cyber Orange and Co-Pilot360, at $24810 it must be a joke? at that build it's $800 cheaper than a base Corolla LE and just a blind spot package.
Reason I never ordered one is I don't need it, but I recommend all friends to get one if they want a car from A-B, buy it in hybrid, even use if for Uber if you wish, what could go wrong?

Now for some, they are laughing how he can compare Maverick to Bronco!! well, I was looking at a Boxster, 911, and a Bronco, so everything is comparable to someone out there, if I don't like the Bronco or it becomes very expensive to operate, I've seriously thought if buying a Maverick to DD and get a 2-door convertible for the weekend.

Buy what makes sense for you, go with whatever benefits your situation more, and whatever makes the best financial sense.
Thanks for the comment. I went from a Mustang to a Bronco. Technically, from a use case perspective, all I really needed was a AWD Escape.
Sponsored