First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco 302
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just picked up my base standard 5 days ago and miles per hour matched my Google maps speed , when I put on 33's there is a 3 mile per hour diference so 33's run 3 miles per hour faster than odometer speed , the feel is fantastic this base bronco was designed for 33's in my opinion .

20230408_101506.jpg
Sponsored

Boltstop

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco 302
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By the way those are black diamond upgrade take offs I found for $800 nice

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got the same Thule roof bike carriers. Can you actually lift your bike up that high to strap it in? Even with running boards on my 33" tires I don't think it'd be worth it to mount my Thules on the Bronco and am now looking into tow hitch mounted carriers.

OP
OP

Straightbase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Base MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've got the same Thule roof bike carriers. Can you actually lift your bike up that high to strap it in? Even with running boards on my 33" tires I don't think it'd be worth it to mount my Thules on the Bronco and am now looking into tow hitch mounted carriers.
Yeah it is possible. I use a two step ladder and throw the bike right up there. Tires just went on and I havent gone on a trail ride since hoping the extra 1-1/2" isnt a prob

Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it is possible. I use a two step ladder and throw the bike right up there. Tires just went on and I havent gone on a trail ride since hoping the extra 1-1/2" isnt a prob
Well I'm curious to know what kind of issues you face if you don't mind reporting back later. Routes you must avoid due to height clearance? Difficulty in raising a 32lb MTB above your head after a sweaty run? Will other riders make fun of you when you bust out a two step ladder in the trail parking lot? Lol

OP
OP

Straightbase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Base MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I'm curious to know what kind of issues you face if you don't mind reporting back later. Routes you must avoid due to height clearance? Difficulty in raising a 32lb MTB above your head after a sweaty run? Will other riders make fun of you when you bust out a two step ladder in the trail parking lot? Lol
Been putting bikes on top of my trucks for years. I guess it never really crossed my mind what other people were thinking when I roll up. Around here all I have to do is stay off of Storrow drive and I should be clear of bridges. Other than that I just stay out of drive thru lines

Last edited:

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford must have geared the MT for 32=33" tires, and installed the stock tires as placeholders until the owners found their actual tires. I went with 285.75/16's and found the gearing went from short to perfect.
Also plenty of go on the freeway, we made a bit of a pilgrimage to the original Ford factory in the heart of deepest failed industrial Detroilet from the NoMi area and frewway speed was not an issue at all. Fuel economy takes a big dump upwards of 75-80 for sure.
Ford Bronco Base manual transmission on 33’s IMG_1050 (2).JPG

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So Stanley finally got his new shoes… Actually ordered Toyo Open Country but my local shop was shipped Geolanders instead and they offered me the Geos for the same price as the Toyo's. I took the deal. 6000 miles on the stock base 30’s and it always felt like 1st and 2nd were way too quick. The 33” tire has completely changed the feel of this truck. If I knew more about gear ratios I would probably understand what’s happening but I swear this Bronco was made for the 33” tire on the MT. Loved this thing already but wholly F••• what a difference.

A99989F3-645B-4D3D-BB6E-D77EEBB1B4B6.jpeg

5DF3EE3E-C667-4BAA-956F-4D420A964E36.jpeg

B9058ACB-6F0F-49DF-BFB2-D3CD184CCEEC.jpeg
Your Bronco looks great!!!!

Does your Bronco have a rear locker? If not, @Bronco_joe just swapped his rear axle out of his Black Diamond, which comes with the rear locker and 4.46 gears. I’m sure he would give you a smoking deal.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Straightbase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Base MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your Bronco looks great!!!!

Does your Bronco have a rear locker? If not, @Bronco_joe just swapped his rear axle out of his Black Diamond, which comes with the rear locker and 4.46 gears. I’m sure he would give you a smoking deal.
No this is a base Base only thing I added from factory was keypad and floor liners. Not ready to get into a project of that size quite yet.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No this is a base Base only thing I added from factory was keypad and floor liners. Not ready to get into a project of that size quite yet.
I can understand that. I just figured I’d float that out there since you are already running 4.46 gears. Nice little upgrade while using factory parts 😁

I definitely think that the Base is vastly underrated for it’s capabilities.

OP
OP

Straightbase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Base MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can understand that. I just figured I’d float that out there since you are already running 4.46 gears. Nice little upgrade while using factory parts 😁

I definitely think that the Base is vastly underrated for it’s capabilities.
No question in my mind. This truck is everything I wanted it to be and the change in tires has only made it better.

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Stanley finally got his new shoes… Actually ordered Toyo Open Country but my local shop was shipped Geolanders instead and they offered me the Geos for the same price as the Toyo's. I took the deal. 6000 miles on the stock base 30’s and it always felt like 1st and 2nd were way too quick. The 33” tire has completely changed the feel of this truck. If I knew more about gear ratios I would probably understand what’s happening but I swear this Bronco was made for the 33” tire on the MT. Loved this thing already but wholly F••• what a difference.

I want to get this same size tire! Do you mind taking some pictures directly from the side and directly from the back and front? Thanks!
Sponsored