Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread is like some of the conversations I have with my wife.

All my skids are plastic.
You only get the one that's steel.
Yeah, but ALL my skids are plastic.
Yeah, you only get the one steel and all the others are plastic.
ALL MY SKIDS ARE PLASTIC.
You got what you ordered.
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Maybe try typing slower. The plate behind the bumper is PLASTIC. If you say it enough times, maybe they’ll get it.
Posting a picture of his front bash plate would end the discussion, instead of claiming "it's plastic!"

Me thinks the OP was confused about what was ordered and isn't willing to admit the bash plate beneath the bumper is in fact steel.
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Posting a picture of his front bash plate would end the discussion, instead of claiming "it's plastic!"

Me thinks the OP was confused about what was ordered and isn't willing to admit the bash plate beneath the bumper is in fact steel.
I think you’re right. I remember when I was clicking boxes in the build and price tool, and it seemed like every time I would add something, it would automatically delete something else. If he really has a plastic front bash plate, I think he might be the only one. I didn’t think they even make a plastic front bash plate.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yes I have the mod bumper the skid is plastic
The first picture is the only metal skid that comes with the modular bumper. Either of the other two bumpers that piece is plastic. The second picture is the engine skid. That is plastic with the modular bumper or any bumper on the obx. Mine is metal Bc I bought the ford skid plates.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered an OBX with SAS, MOD BUMPER, thought that the steel bash plates were steel till I climbed under and to my amassment they were cheep plastic. One rock or snow drift and that cheep plastic skid plate would be junk. Has anyone else have this same problem? I have contacted my dealership to look into the problem.
Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed image
That’s crazy. My BaseSquatch 2-door with Mod Bumper came with front bash/engine, and fuel tank skid. The only OEM skid missing was the transfer case skid. Ordered that and a much needed gear box skid from ASFIR.
(All 1/4” aluminum)

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is apparent that when upgrading to the Modular Bumper that it comes with a steel bash plate. No other skid plates come on trims other than the BD and Badlands.

We have only seen your window sticker but not your actual Bronco with the mismatched plate. Based on your description, it seems clear that it was a mistake and your dealer should have no problem correcting the oversight when verifying that you indeed have a plastic skid plate instead of the steel bash plate.
2-door squatches also get the fuel skid

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered an OBX with SAS, MOD BUMPER, thought that the steel bash plates were steel till I climbed under and to my amassment they were cheep plastic. One rock or snow drift and that cheep plastic skid plate would be junk. Has anyone else have this same problem? I have contacted my dealership to look into the problem.
Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed image
I was told only the higher end models have full steel.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Sasquatch OBX came with the Modular front bumper, steel front skid pan and still skid under the motor. I ordered the fuel tank and transfer case skid and uninstalled them. I actually bought the four piece kit from Ford because it was cheaper than just the fuel tank one. Two parts left over. Oh well. I’ve never seen a modular bumper with a plastic skid.

Another reason the BaseSquatch (2-door) is the cheat code of Broncos. Front bash, engine and fuel skids. Just missing the X-fer skid. Blows me away that an OBX w/sas doesn’t come with same skids. I think the fuel skid is a 2-door vs 4-door thing.

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any update from the dealer? Have same issue Base squatch says metal on WS but it's plastic.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2-door squatches also get the fuel skid
All 2 doors get the fuel skid plate, even my non-sasquatch, plastic bumper, OBX has it.

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is apparent that when upgrading to the Modular Bumper that it comes with a steel bash plate. No other skid plates come on trims other than the BD and Badlands.

We have only seen your window sticker but not your actual Bronco with the mismatched plate. Based on your description, it seems clear that it was a mistake and your dealer should have no problem correcting the oversight when verifying that you indeed have a plastic skid plate instead of the steel bash plate.
They have and opened a misbuild ticket

Sponsored
OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have a photo? The design of the plastic bumper splash sheild & modular bumper skid plate are entirely different and not interchangeable. I'd be surprised if they some how managed a plastics splash shield with the modular bumper.

IL GATOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having the same issue.....my dealer opened a misbuild ticket yesterday.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not as of 1/4/23
Page three and still no photos of your “plastic” bash plate. Everyone is giving you the correct information here:
  • your “steel bash plate” is the front one that is angled from the bumper to the bottom of the engine
  • the “skid plates” are parallel to the ground, and start from the back of the bash plate and run along the bottom of the chassis
If your bash plate is plastic, show us. Your build only says “steel front bash plate” and does not say anything about skid plates or other underbody protection.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having the same issue.....my dealer opened a misbuild ticket yesterday.
Do you have a picture of your bash plate and skid plates? They are separate things
Sponsored