First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could get warranty service, but they will just replace it with the same battery not to mention that I have to buy a battery to get the vehicle to the dealership 🤣 so I think I will just bite the bullet.
The OEM battery is an AGM battery and should last 3 to 5 years.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OEM battery is an AGM battery and should last 3 to 5 years.
I believe you, and thanks for your reply. I just try another brand.

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe you, and thanks for your reply. I just try another brand.
Glass mat batteries should be less susceptible to vibration, but there have been vother failures.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just as a datapoint, 36.5k miles today... Factory Warranty is OVER... but I have the extended warranty.

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well folks ,against my better judgement I decided to die the warranty route. I removed the battery and called the local Ford dealership. I just wanted a new battery but they insisted that the vehicle had to be brought in. They arranged the tow thru Ford roadside service. I must admit I am very apprehensive that they will get the vehicle and tell me since I removed the battery that it voids warranty and they will fix it for a price. I was told that even though without a battery I can't get it out of park that it can be safely towed, I'm not so sure. I honestly believe that is what's going to happen. I'm seriously considering cancelling the service and continue to do it myself. I know I'm just venting,but WTF over.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a post scrip, I have had to many bad experiences with dealer service.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well folks ,against my better judgement I decided to die the warranty route. I removed the battery and called the local Ford dealership. I just wanted a new battery but they insisted that the vehicle had to be brought in. They arranged the tow thru Ford roadside service. I must admit I am very apprehensive that they will get the vehicle and tell me since I removed the battery that it voids warranty and they will fix it for a price. I was told that even though without a battery I can't get it out of park that it can be safely towed, I'm not so sure. I honestly believe that is what's going to happen. I'm seriously considering cancelling the service and continue to do it myself. I know I'm just venting,but WTF over.
They need to check the charging system to verify it is not frying the battery or not charging it before they can replace it under warranty.

I've had the same thing happen to me with a non-ford brand.

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They need to check the charging system to verify it is not frying the battery or not charging it before they can replace it under warranty.

I've had the same thing happen to me with a non-ford brand.
Thanks

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a procedure in the Owner's Manual for manually releasing the Brake Shift Interlock. It's detailed here.

For those who don’t want to dig through the links, it’s covered in the Owners Manual on the following pages…

0680FE39-8124-491A-ABC9-465F20227A5D.jpeg
ACFAA618-34C5-4C48-8909-BEEE0482612B.jpeg

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a procedure in the Owner's Manual for manually releasing the Brake Shift Interlock. It's detailed here.
Thanks I thought their must be a procedure I was focused on the electrical side

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a post scrip, I have had to many bad experiences with dealer service.
From past experience, I too am fearful of dealer service. Having the windshield (adhesion) recall completed was EXTREME TRAMMA for me!!!.. I am pleased to report however, that the recall was completed flawlessly.

Good luck with your battery. The charging system does need to be checked however along with the electrical system for “bleeds”.

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From past experience, I too am fearful of dealer service. Having the windshield (adhesion) recall completed was EXTREME TRAMMA for me!!!.. I am pleased to report however, that the recall was completed flawlessly.

Good luck with your battery. The charging system does need to be checked however along with the electrical system for “bleeds”.
They have it now, and the Bronco has many bleeds. I have aftermarket accessories that also bleed, I f measure it at 400ma. I may have to consider a dual setup or just a dual use deep cycle battery once warranty expires.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Start/Stop is hell on the batteries. My 2018 F150 had 1 battery replaced under warranty at 1-year for low amps, then 6-7 months later the replacement battery dead shorted at a stoplight when I was out of town. When I say dead, I mean DEAD. No flashers, nothing. Of course I put he truck in park to restart it so I couldn't push it out of the way which made me really popular during rush hour. Had to buy a battery at Autozone to replace it and of course warranty was like "tough luck, not factory anymore."

Bottom line, if you can turn off start/stop, do it.
But it saves you $1.35 in gas every year!!

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I'm pleased to say my Eeyore moment has come and gone and that the battery was failed a d was covered by warranty, absolutely no dealer service issues. My fears were groundless.thank all of you for your insights and advice.
Sponsored