Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BTW, we checked all the clamps and listened for any strange noises, checked fluids. Nothing….
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bellime

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, my fault. Found the problem, was something I meant to fix, just didn’t think it was going show its ugly face during this trip. Dropped the bumper and skid plate in the hotel parking lot. Fixed it.

the Service message cleared and the engine fault cleared about 300 miles later.

sure makes a big difference running 85mph and 2k rpm, depending on uphill or downhill the psi runs 5 to 15. Prrrrrrrrrr ing like a bronco should, wanting to go faster.

OP
OP
Bellime

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The installation of the aFE Hot and Cold Charge tubes is not easy as it is a tight fit. Also I upgraded to the Whipple IC. With all these there are some minor modifications during install. One thing I identified but thought I would to later is the passenger side elbow going into the Whipple. The elbow fits between a frame cross member and the alternator. I left it with about a 1/4 inch from the alternator….

yeah, should have cut the tube, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch, to snug up against the frame.

I got lucky that I didn’t hurt the serpentine belt, alternator and the elbow itself.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The installation of the aFE Hot and Cold Charge tubes is not easy as it is a tight fit. Also I upgraded to the Whipple IC. With all these there are some minor modifications during install. One thing I identified but thought I would to later is the passenger side elbow going into the Whipple. The elbow fits between a frame cross member and the alternator. I left it with about a 1/4 inch from the alternator….

yeah, should have cut the tube, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch, to snug up against the frame.

I got lucky that I didn’t hurt the serpentine belt, alternator and the elbow itself.
So the charge pipe being close to the alternator caused all these faults?

OP
OP
Bellime

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The alternator rubbed the hose clamp. With the flexing of the engine the aluminum tube came off the elbow.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Afe clamps need to be tightened twice. Once on install then the next time after it hits operating temp and cools down Blew both my lowers off the next day after install. Half the clamps that were tight took a couple more turns to get tight again.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The alternator rubbed the hose clamp. With the flexing of the engine the aluminum tube came off the elbow.
Well that's a relief. Thank you for all the details! I've noticed (from other effects) that there does seem to be quite alot of movement in the front 'heat exchanger stack', (which now includes my high mount ic), when the engine is loading/unloading
Sponsored