First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer will not give me my bronco back. They said it’s a liability issue and they won’t let me drive it until they’re able to resolve… I have two sets of keys and debated going in after hours for a jailbreak 🤣 maybe jail brake in this case. They have given me a loaner Escape and apparently I’ll get a new loaner before I hit 6k miles.

I do have an update, the part is in transit to ford from the supplier. They’re going to expedite shipping once they receive. Really hoping by next week I’ll have my truck back.
Well I told them if they had a rental or loaner to give I’d leave it but they offered neither and I’m not paying out of pocket. Also I’m curious how much I could sue ford for if I crashed it lol.
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I tried replicating the same situation and same thing happened except now with a loud crunching sound as I pressed through the hard pedal feel
My guess is something is bent or damaged from your efforts to push through the hard pedal.
No repair shop or dealer is going to let a vehicle off their property that is experiencing issues with its brakes. The liability is just too great.

Some may not be clear on how to vacuum assist works with brakes. Here is an old video that walks through how it works.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
UPDATE!!!
The part arrived at my dealers service department and they’re installing today into tomorrow. I should have my bronco back with the next 24-48 hours. Hoping this resolves all the issues.

Feels like I’m taking delivery all over again.Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Picked her back up at 9:30 AM this morning! Totally fixed! Huge shout out to Springfield Ford for expediting the fix after part was received. Put me at the front of the line and fixed in under 24 hours after part was received. Also, to note they sold to me at MSRP. They've been great to work with all around. If you're in the area would recommend this dealer.

Also, they fixed some body damage from a wheeling trip that occurred after rescuing a jeep. Saved two jeeps back in June from being swallowed by the sea. Did a great job all around. All factory parts. Will upload a video of and tell that story when I get a chance.

kkap

Big Bend
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stormtrooper 2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Happy for you @Philly Big Bronco Boy . I'm currently in the same situation, albeit with a lot less meaningful comms from my dealership. Going on a month now. Luckily they were able to offer a loaner for the time being. But man!

EDIT: Finally got my Bronco back! Just over a month since dropping it off. Like getting a brand new car all over again!

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had this problem yesterday on the way HOME from the dealer! I had gone in for tires, got on the highway, and an alarm tone sounded and Service Brake light came on. I pressed the brake pedal and it was very stiff. I turned around and headed back to the dealer. I called on the way. They were standing in the pull in runway when I arrived. Had already checked the codes (via internet) and already knew the problem. Ordered the brake vacuum valve, will arrive Friday.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@flip it would appear that mine is exhibiting the same symptoms (hard brake pedal on startup, randomly mushy pedal). My normal obd scanners don't seem to be able to pull abs codes, at your earliest convenience would you be able to to see if something's up or been stored elsewhere? No rush, just getting ahead of it before I have to do the dealership dick dance.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip it would appear that mine is exhibiting the same symptoms (hard brake pedal on startup, randomly mushy pedal). My normal obd scanners don't seem to be able to pull abs codes, at your earliest convenience would you be able to to see if something's up or been stored elsewhere? No rush, just getting ahead of it before I have to do the dealership dick dance.
DM your VIN, please.

Andy.J

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base. 2006 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone have a pic of which vacuum hose Ford is replacing?
Sponsored