Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Part number changed to a -F and not in stock at any of the depots. 219 on back order and showing a tentative off B/O date of 9/2/22.
This is what I feared. Also, the part number changing I believe caused confusion at the dealer... I'll hold to hear back from Ford directly as I have an active case number with them and they've been fantastic. But, if on back order, I'm likely going aftermarket with a more robust solution so I'm not stuck without my vehicle for months...... Thanks for digging, not sure where you're pulling the info but truly appreciated. Great community here.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like flip and others have it figured out with the contaminated vacuum line notice. But I could see it being an issue when in cruise. Traveling in cruise there may be some turbo boost hence no vacuum. In a panic situation driver may hit brake hard going directly from boost to braking=no vac. Driving w/o cruise you release throttle, vacuum returns, hit brake=vacuum. This would be a design problem, but should have been picked up in testing.

Side note: Following the vac boost line back from the booster it looks like it can get vacuum both from the manifold and the air intake ahead of the turbo with various check valves and electric sensors/valves

Ford Bronco 2.3 vacuum brake boost failure 1660668687196

Vacuum line shown along right side, over radiator and along left to intake. Ine spilts to manifold halfway along right side.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
this a month ago and shared with my ford Service Department when I dropped off the vehicle. That part number is what I've now been waiting over a month for unfortunately. Now I'm just trying to find out if they have it in stock and how long it'll take to be delivered.
flip owns a dealership and runs the service dept
Flip, you are a hero. Thanks for caring enough to look into my random issue and thread.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still no confirmation on timing. Confirmed adding a pump or going aftermarket will void warranty. 40+ days waiting on a vacuum tube part. Sounds like I’ll be waiting into the fall…

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I want to know is what kind of "contamination" is in the line. No shit, years ago there was a TSB for slow fuel fill or something like that and for whatever reason, a spider was getting in there and plugging it up with a web. It wasn't an isolated problem, if it was, they wouldn't have made a TSB.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I want to know is what kind of "contamination" is in the line. No shit, years ago there was a TSB for slow fuel fill or something like that and for whatever reason, a spider was getting in there and plugging it up with a web. It wasn't an isolated problem, if it was, they wouldn't have made a TSB.
Yeah, will be interested to hear once the part comes in if there was something in the tube. I'm really hoping the tube doesn't come in and find that it's a sensor issue and then have to wait for a new sensor to be shipped. I've read that it could be a one or both situation. Will loop back as I hear more. Thanks again flip for giving me more insight on what you're seeing in system. Helps set expectations for me!

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Should be this hose assembly with sensor.
Ford Bronco 2.3 vacuum brake boost failure 1660928789548
Oh, fantastic, so it should be fixed either way once the part comes in whether it’s the sensor or the tube. Flip, many thanks once again 🙏

Sponsored
OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My booster took about a week to come in and another week for them to get to it. Mine was trail damage though so out of pocket.
Sounds like you lucked out and they were in stock at the time. I’ve been without my bronco 40 days waiting. Parts on back order into September. I’ll hit two months I’m sure before parts are here and it’s fixed. Have been messaging with ford daily for the last week hoping to get an eta. It’s not their fault, supply chains terrible right now.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you lucked out and they were in stock at the time. I’ve been without my bronco 40 days waiting. Parts on back order into September. I’ll hit two months I’m sure before parts are here and it’s fixed. Have been messaging with ford daily for the last week hoping to get an eta. It’s not their fault, supply chains terrible right now.
I think we're also talking about different parts now that I read some more posts. I think they reused 2420B.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally took mine in for the oil change and the day yes the same thing parts on back order indefinitely and just keep your truck here until they arrive. Oh btw we won’t offer you rental or loaner LMAO. Give me my damn car back. Drove out of there. Call me when you get them in yes I know it’s unsafe and I could posible kill everyone on the road. I’ve been driving like that for 6 months dude. I also had the cruise control instant panic too! Now I know to watch out for that and be careful. The real question is what’s ford gonna do. Lol.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally took mine in for the oil change and the day yes the same thing parts on back order indefinitely and just keep your truck here until they arrive. Oh btw we won’t offer you rental or loaner LMAO. Give me my damn car back. Drove out of there. Call me when you get them in yes I know it’s unsafe and I could posible kill everyone on the road. I’ve been driving like that for 6 months dude. I also had the cruise control instant panic too! Now I know to watch out for that and be careful. The real question is what’s ford gonna do. Lol.
The dealer will not give me my bronco back. They said it’s a liability issue and they won’t let me drive it until they’re able to resolve… I have two sets of keys and debated going in after hours for a jailbreak 🤣 maybe jail brake in this case. They have given me a loaner Escape and apparently I’ll get a new loaner before I hit 6k miles.

I do have an update, the part is in transit to ford from the supplier. They’re going to expedite shipping once they receive. Really hoping by next week I’ll have my truck back.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer will not give me my bronco back. They said it’s a liability issue and they won’t let me drive it until they’re able to resolve… I have two sets of keys and debated going in after hours for a jailbreak 🤣 maybe jail brake in this case. They have given me a loaner Escape and apparently I’ll get a new loaner before I hit 6k miles.

I do have an update, the part is in transit to ford from the supplier. They’re going to expedite shipping once they receive. Really hoping by next week I’ll have my truck back.
Also , I asked ford if they could influence the dealer to give my truck back until the part is in stock and they went on a diatribe about how customer safety was their number one goal. No dice. I’m still a bit salty as I still don’t have my truck. But, if safety is paramount then you’d think there wouldn’t be defects with the break system to begin with.
Sponsored