First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got a message today on display screen, " System shutdown to conserve battery". Then everything went dark inside. Checked the battery and it was only 10v. It hasn't been started for a week and a half but that shouldn't have drained battery. I'm charging the battery and see if it's resurrected in morning. Anyone else have this issue.
Sponsored

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drove my Bronco for two days after delivery, then it sat in the garage for a few days. On the fifth day the battery was completely dead. Charged it with a trickle charger and it's been fine for the last three weeks. But I haven't let it sit more than a couple days without starting it since then.

Also did the usual: tightened the bolts on the battery terminals and on the fuse panels. Don't know if that had any effect since they didn't really feel loose, but it was worth a check.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got a message today on display screen, " System shutdown to conserve battery". Then everything went dark inside. Checked the battery and it was only 10v. It hasn't been started for a week and a half but that shouldn't have drained battery. I'm charging the battery and see if it's resurrected in morning. Anyone else have this issue.
Hello. Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this battery concern on my end. Thank you!

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a first edition that does this dealership has no clue what to do about it - after sitting in garage unused for 2 days bronco wont start have to charge it - now i use a trickle charger and carry a power jumper- I can also here some power switch turn on/off frequently while not in use. others have reported this problem as well

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive mine infrequently and it regularly sits 1 week, sometimes 2 and has not had a problem starting.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello. Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this battery concern on my end. Thank you!
I wish I could trust that you are who you say you are but to much scams. I will say that it is a 2021 badlands mid package. I generally get service from Tuscaloosa Ford in Tuscaloosa Alabama. I am going to put an ammeter in line with the positive cable and see if have leakage. I will post results.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a first edition that does this dealership has no clue what to do about it - after sitting in garage unused for 2 days bronco wont start have to charge it - now i use a trickle charger and carry a power jumper- I can also here some power switch turn on/off frequently while not in use. others have reported this problem as well
Hi Jason. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The battery drain on these is crazy. There is so much that keeps going on clicks & noises, updates & such. I keep mine on a battery tender.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Listen to Felix. Your Bronco is always turned on and using 12 volts some where.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco has a "smart" charging system that reduces alternator output under low load conditions for increased fuel economy. Something must be wrong with yours.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The battery drain on these is crazy. There is so much that keeps going on clicks & noises, updates & such. I keep mine on a battery tender.
Don't leave your key fob in car when it's in the garage, it seems to use have some effect on battery, still investigating.

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I could trust that you are who you say you are but to much scams. I will say that it is a 2021 badlands mid package. I generally get service from Tuscaloosa Ford in Tuscaloosa Alabama. I am going to put an ammeter in line with the positive cable and see if have leakage. I will post results.
Hey fire guy can you provide me a 2021 bronco service manual or a part number to order one. Would help a lot

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey fire guy can you provide me a 2021 bronco service manual or a part number to order one. Would help a lot
That's Ford guy, sorry

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the manual is only in digital format… it’s in the infotainment center. However, I think I recall someone saying it’s online also and maybe you can print it from there. 🤷‍♂️

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't leave your key fob in car when it's in the garage, it seems to use have some effect on battery, still investigating.
I experienced the clicks & what sounds like the brakes activating numerous times with the key fobs left in the house, as I walk by the truck.
& every time I open a door, all the lights come on the dash lights up with it's animation & the keys are 3 doors & 40 ft. ( I measured it) of separation.

One thing I noticed after hooking up my battery tender after having the vehicle sit for about 8 days is that it took 2 days to fully charge.
Sponsored