First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got a message today on display screen, " System shutdown to conserve battery". Then everything went dark inside. Checked the battery and it was only 10v. It hasn't been started for a week and a half but that shouldn't have drained battery. I'm charging the battery and see if it's resurrected in morning. Anyone else have this issue.
Having the same issue. If the vehicle sits 3+ days the battery is dead. Dealer replaced my battery under warranty and I tacked it up to all the time spent on ice mountain.

Problem is the issue resurfaced with a new battery. Going out with a voltmeter tonight to see if there’s parasitic draw on the battery.

Hoping the dealer will find the root cause this week. I will lemon law this thing before putting up with this crap all winter!

Edit: Bronco appears to be drawing 4 amps 1hr post shut down. Received the “deep sleep” message shortly after.

Last edited:

-CJ

Outer Banks
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks, Sasquatch, off road pkg.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having the same issue. If the vehicle sits 3+ days the battery is dead. Dealer replaced my battery under warranty and I tacked it up to all the time spent on ice mountain.

Problem is the issue resurfaced with a new battery. Going out with a voltmeter tonight to see if there’s parasitic draw on the battery.

Hoping the dealer will find the root cause this week. I will lemon law this thing before putting up with this crap all winter!

Edit: Bronco appears to be drawing 4 amps 1hr post shut down. Received the “deep sleep” message shortly after.
I have the exact same issue and if I don’t drive it then the Ford app sends me an alert after a week that says “Remote features disabled to preserve battery”.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the exact same issue and if I don’t drive it then the Ford app sends me an alert after a week that says “Remote features disabled to preserve battery”.
Dealer was able to prove to me the current draw wasn’t out of spec using their battery monitoring system. Even still I’ve never owned a car that disables remote start after ~1 week of sitting in a driveway. Maybe this is one big planned obsolescence ploy by Ford to keep me putting miles on this thing 🤔

My only other hope is that the most recent Sync Update was the battery draw culprit. Will monitor over the next few weeks to see if anything changes.

Reactions: -CJ

DPH13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer was able to prove to me the current draw wasn’t out of spec using their battery monitoring system. Even still I’ve never owned a car that disables remote start after ~1 week of sitting in a driveway. Maybe this is one big planned obsolescence ploy by Ford to keep me putting miles on this thing 🤔

My only other hope is that the most recent Sync Update was the battery draw culprit. Will monitor over the next few weeks to see if anything changes.
Exact same issue as all of you. 2 new batteries and it continued to die. It’s now been at the Dealership for 2 weeks. They called today and advised that they located a small piece of plastic “smaller than the size of a pinky finger nail” that was pinching a wire in the driver side door which was causing it to think the window was constantly opening/closing. They are replacing the whole window control part. I will update if this resolves the issue.

Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope that’s culprit ….

KaiBN

Badlands
First Name
Ikaika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. Thank you. I’m literally having the same issue on my 2023 badlands 2Dr. Won’t even get into my dealership purchase issues yet.

Second day after owning it; low battery warning on screen (142 miles)… dealer checked it; said alternator wires were loose.

Parents took it to California (800 miles) car sat for 3 days; no power at all completely dead. Dealership in Carmel Valley (Cypress Coast Ford) wouldn’t take a look at it for 2-WEEKS. “Sorry we are busy”

I’m going to take an amp meter to it when it gets back; I want to mod it but will hold off until I feel it’s resolved.

It’s sad I’m a FORD lifer (my 3rd ford vehicle). Build quality in my trucks have never been an issue. Like the Bronco but damn Fords gotta work on their build quality and get their dealers under control.
Sponsored