Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Went with Motegi rims and some 285/70 rubber for winter tires to avoid the high cost of 315s.

Doesn't look to bad for those concerned about the downsizing on a SAS.

About 1.5" shorter
Ford Bronco BD SAS, downsized for winters 20211108_171041
Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have some 285/70/18 Nokians that I would change out to if I ever... 1)got my Bronco, 2)was going to be in snow country consistently enough to run true winter tires. Would have to get another set of rims though, they're currently on Jeep 18".

Have you noticed any quirkiness with shifting or how much the speedo is off?

OP
OP

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have some 285/70/18 Nokians that I would change out to if I ever... 1)got my Bronco, 2)was going to be in snow country consistently enough to run true winter tires. Would have to get another set of rims though, they're currently on Jeep 18".

Have you noticed any quirkiness with shifting or how much the speedo is off?
Not a ton of miles but at 110kph (~70mph) indicated, GPS had me at 105kph (~66mph)

So it appears to be off by about 5% at 70mph. I can live with that

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not a ton of miles but at 110kph (~70mph) indicated, GPS had me at 105kph (~66mph)

So it appears to be off by about 5% at 70mph. I can live with that
Looks like you are the first one to put 33"s on a Sasquatch. I'm thinking of doing the same thing for winter time or possibly year round. I have a 22 Big Bend Sasquatch ordered with the 2.3 manual. I'm betting the 33"s will be more responsive on the road than the 35"s. Looks are important, but I'm hoping for decent performance too. As much as I hate to admit it, my Bronco will be a pavement princess most of the time.

Did you notice a difference in performance or responsiveness when switching from the stock Sasquatch Tires and Wheels to the smaller winter ones?

OP
OP

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like you are the first one to put 33"s on a Sasquatch. I'm thinking of doing the same thing for winter time or possibly year round. I have a 22 Big Bend Sasquatch ordered with the 2.3 manual. I'm betting the 33"s will be more responsive on the road than the 35"s. Looks are important, but I'm hoping for decent performance too. As much as I hate to admit it, my Bronco will be a pavement princess most of the time.

Did you notice a difference in performance or responsiveness when switching from the stock Sasquatch Tires and Wheels to the smaller winter ones?
I only have 250km on the thing and it came with 90 lol so I'm not the best judge when it comes to that.

I will say it's a world of difference in road noise and it is a bit sharper on road. But transmission and such I can't comment on with authority.

I will tell you, if someone claimed a noticeable difference I'd say they are probably just trying to be a forum wizard.

So while I do not observe a difference, that is not to say there is not one a more sensitive individual might.

So far I'm happy with both, and most happy winter rubber didn't cost me $2,500

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to be doing the same thing for my winter tires. It will be easier to get in an out in slippery conditions. I haven't decided on which wheels yet though. If I could find some factory take-offs that would be ideal.

OP
OP

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going to be doing the same thing for my winter tires. It will be easier to get in an out in slippery conditions. I haven't decided on which wheels yet though. If I could find some factory take-offs that would be ideal.
Would've been my preference but there is only a handful in the whole province and snow ( whole lot of it) will be on the ground soon.

Motegi not my first choice but for $800 Canadian certainly not a bad one

feeble

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1977 Cobra II Monroe Handler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice work. Been thinking about this as well when I get mine especially if all of this talk of the SAS MTs throwing rocks and chipping the paint holds up in the long term.

What is the offset and width of the wheels? Where is the tire in relation to the edge of the flare - any poke?

Last edited:

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went with Motegi rims and some 285/70 rubber for winter tires to avoid the high cost of 315s.

About 1.5" shorter
Ford Bronco BD SAS, downsized for winters 20211108_171041
Given the that you are going down 2" on the rubber, a 1" change in height is about right.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Makes it basically the same stance as the non-SAS badlands. This is my non-SAS badlands with the optional 33 KO2s.

b.jpg

Sponsored

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About 1.5" shorter
Ford Bronco BD SAS, downsized for winters b
Great looking rig @hozer! Did you consider going with a year-round tire in a similar size like a 315 KO2 All-terrain setup?

I’ve only had KO2’s on my Wranglers and felt very confident in all conditions. Been thinking about switching but the Goodyear's seem to fit my needs at the moment.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks good!

in my internal debates getting base squatch and "downgrading" to 33's was on the list... perfect would be swapping squatch wheels/tires for upraded BL set with a computer reset for the tire size.

OP
OP

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great looking rig @hozer! Did you consider going with a year-round tire in a similar size like a 315 KO2 All-terrain setup?

I’ve only had KO2’s on my Wranglers and felt very confident in all conditions. Been thinking about switching but the Goodyear's seem to fit my needs at the moment.
I wanted a "true" winter so while KO2's are indeed decent I don't love them on ice. I do a ton of highway driving, occasionally way north and ice performance is my main priority.

Can't run studded, so these and some chains (in-case) fit my usage case the best.
Sponsored