Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer,Bronco, Bmw R1200Rs,Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What little I dug up seems to indicate that a 265/70/17 tire (the Grabbers) can be mounted on up to 10" wide wheel. Perhaps some may have experience in this and chime in on where the sweet spot lies? 8.5"? Just looking to beef up the stance and change the look ...... I'm trying to love the steelies but....
Tia, fg
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Usually tire manufacturers will list the ideal rim width.

If for some reason they do not... for off-road tires, usually the "ideal" rim width is in the middle of the range rounded down to the nearest half inch increment. So if your tire has an advertised range of 7" - 9", then the ideal width would be 8". If it has a range of of 7.5" - 10", then the ideal width would be 8.5".

---

If you don't like the steelies, then yeah obviously you'll need new rims. That said, if you are just looking to beef up the stance you should be looking at tires with larger sidewalls instead of changing the rims. I don't think just swapping out the rims will give you the look you are going for if you are just looking to beef it up a bit.

Either LT275/70R17, LT285/70R17, or LT285/75R17 tires should work. If you were going to swap out the rims I'd go with 8"-wide rims and LT285/70R17 tires. If you were sticking with the steelies, I'd go with LT285/75R17 tires.

For reference just to see how it might look... the Badlands non-Sasquatch comes with LT285/70R17.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What little I dug up seems to indicate that a 265/70/17 tire (the Grabbers) can be mounted on up to 10" wide wheel. Perhaps some may have experience in this and chime in on where the sweet spot lies? 8.5"? Just looking to beef up the stance and change the look ...... I'm trying to love the steelies but....
Tia, fg
Double check what your load rating is to confirm, S/L, C or E?

Per generaltire.com the max is 8.5" width:
https://generaltire.com/tires/light-trucksuv/grabber-atx
Ford Bronco Largest wheel width for BD stock tires? 1638033513128

Per tiresize.com the max is 8.5" width:
https://tiresize.com/tires/General/Grabber-AT-X-265-70R17.htm
Ford Bronco Largest wheel width for BD stock tires? 1638033388060

OP
OP
fratedog

fratedog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer,Bronco, Bmw R1200Rs,Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent info, thanks. I forgot to add that after I wear the Grabbers out I'd like to go to a 285/70/17 which I really like; (nonSas) Badlands look. Kind of a convoluted way of getting to the ultimate result I want but thinking it might be easier to sell just the steelie's rims and I will have less out of pocket expense buying wheels only. Also, I do like the ride of the little Grabbers.
Course this may be the dumbest thing I've come up with recently, specially if I could get decent money for steelies and tires and just put on what I want now. Lil Blue is becoming a money pit,lol!
p.s. How does one change the Bronco trim and other items on one's profile?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

p.s. How does one change the Bronco trim and other items on one's profile?
Click your user name in the top right corner and go to "Account Details". Should be able to change it in there.
Sponsored