Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, after grinding through here and numerous tire reviews, the plan is
Ford performance 2" lift and Falken A/T3Ws LT285/75x17 121/118 on stock steel wheels.

I looked at the Kenda RT 35x10.5, KO2s and Duratracs, but I like the dry pavement performance of the Falken.
The LT285/75x17 seems to be closest to a 35, that works with the 7.5" width of stock steel.

Fender flares? Tweaks to the spare carrier?

thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your stock flares will be fine for coverage. It is a wider tire, but it is still tucked in using the steelies and the +55 offset. Tire carrier shouldn't need any adjustment. The Badlands non-Sasquatch stock tire is a 285/70 and uses the same carrier/spare tire bumpers.

I'll be getting the FP Bilstein lift installed in a week. New tires will be Grabber X3's. Won't be swapping out new tires until I take it offroad and let the suspension settle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sundaeman

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. Iā€™ll be getting the lift installed in the next week or two. Falkens seem to be in demand at the moment.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. Iā€™ll be getting the lift installed in the next week or two. Falkens seem to be in demand at the moment.
Post up photos (take your before photos and measurements, now) and share in the Suspension sub-forum. There aren't many that have opted for the FP Bilstein lift. I'm sure others that may be on the fence would like to see others who have had it installed.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No need for a lift with 285/75r17 on stock +55 wheels. Plenty of threads here on B6G with that setup and no lift.

Sponsored

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Following this thread. I just received the FP Bilsteins, bought them from Stage 3 Motorsport for $1749 shipped. I also will be adding a Beltech rear anti sway bar. For tires, I have only 12K on the factory Grapplers and will wait until next fall. Iā€™m definitely keeping the steelies. Iā€™ve considered the Faulken LT285/75/17s , but will likely stay with a true 33 inch to save weight and optimize the .446 gear package.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No need for a lift with 285/75r17 on stock +55 wheels. Plenty of threads here on B6G with that setup and no lift.
Of course, you are correct. But I didn't read the OP's question as whether a lift was needed. But rather whether the flares and spare tire carrier was going to work with the new tires. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Some owners just want to rid themselves of the Hitachi shocks - whether it is needed or not.

Ford Bronco BD Tire and suspension upgrade check FP Bilstein Shock

OP
OP
sundaeman

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Post up photos (take your before photos and measurements, now) and share in the Suspension sub-forum. There aren't many that have opted for the FP Bilstein lift. I'm sure others that may be on the fence would like to see others who have had it installed.
I'll try to remember to take some photos and measure in the next day or three.
Not sure if it'll be pre or post tire change. Still waffling on tire choice a bit.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love my FP lift. I kind of wish it was adjustable, but it really isnā€™t a big deal. Preload/ spring rate, valving and travel are perfect out the box. Adjustable height would ruin that.

That is a great tire in a great size. You will like it.

I run +30 wheels with OBX flares and mud flaps. It looks excellent.

I have 285/70/17 so one ratio shorter than you.

IMG_1189.jpeg
IMG_1190.jpeg
IMG_1191.jpeg
IMG_1192.jpeg
IMG_1193.jpeg
Sponsored