Sponsored

Wheel and/or Tire Upgrade 37" Poll

Who upgraded their OEM wheels and/or tires to 37" Tires?

• Total voters

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interested in how many of my Bronco sister(s) and brother(s) out there that have pull the factory wheel and/or Tires and upgrade to 37" or bigger.
Sponsored

Cybindustries1904

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor, Mach E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Wheel and/or Tire Upgrade 37" Poll 20220304_163832

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 35's are good on mine... currently running Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 35/12.50. Fills the wheel well... good stance... does what I'll need.

Ford Bronco Wheel and/or Tire Upgrade 37" Poll 1646916417641

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i get of you are competitive offroading/crazy moab but i would say that is under 3% of bronco owners. the rest are doing standard offroad, fire road, etc, and a little technical. 33-35s are great for that, and the expense to go to 37s are high, and so is the penalty for any normal driving.

Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to date myself here, but I remember when 33's were considered large/oversize tires. Yes, people would occasionally go bigger but it was the exception and not the rule. Then the Raptor changed everything with 35s from the factory and it was game on. I'm keeping the stock 33s on my Jeep, with friends having done Moab, etc. with them without issue, and will keep the 35s on the Bronco for the same reason. If I can't get myself into/out of trouble with those I deserve what I get!!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have wheeled in Moab for many years. My current JKU Rubi has had 35's since new and it is crazy amazing where a set of 35's will get you with lockers front and rear. 37's are great and all but the cost differential, custom suspension parts all in does not create a large enough differential in where you can or cannot go. I find myself easily going where the guys with 37's are.
This is the bridge of function/fashion I totally agree it provides an awesome look. Just not enough functional gain for the money.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The biggest challenge with the Bronco is that even with SAS the overall ground clearance isn't that great. My 2003 Grand Cherokee with a 3" lift and 31s had the same breakover angle as this SAS Bronco so for me a small lift and 37s was the only way to get the clearance I need for snow wheeling, big ruts, etc. Older Jeeps with smaller tires and a small lift have much better overall clearance. The only issue I had with my Jeep was getting stuck on the diffs which the 35s on the Bronco definitely help with.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Wheel and/or Tire Upgrade 37" Poll 20220227_085001

Replaced the 35" Goodyears with 35" BFGs. Going with 1" leveling kit. Will go on the Rubicon trail this summer.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The biggest challenge with the Bronco is that even with SAS the overall ground clearance isn't that great. My 2003 Grand Cherokee with a 3" lift and 31s had the same breakover angle as this SAS Bronco so for me a small lift and 37s was the only way to get the clearance I need for snow wheeling, big ruts, etc. Older Jeeps with smaller tires and a small lift have much better overall clearance. The only issue I had with my Jeep was getting stuck on the diffs which the 35s on the Bronco definitely help with.
There is like two Suv's in production that have higher ground clearance than a Bronco Sas, and one has it beat by 2/10s of an inch. The 2003 GC had a measly 8.7" of clearance.

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is like two Suv's in production that have higher ground clearance than a Bronco Sas, and one has it beat by 2/10s of an inch. The 2003 GC had a measly 8.7" of clearance.
Yep exactly, so with 3" lift and 31s I gained about 3.5" on top of that 8.7 which left me just over 12" ground clearance if you don't count the diffs.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same boat as a former XJ owner. 4 1/2" lift & 32's took me everywhere the YJ's, TJ's & JK's on 35's were going.
The Bronco has too much stuff that hangs too low, especially on the 2.7's. 35's are all you need in the 2 door, but the 4 door's break over will be helped by 37's so you don't have to drag over everything.

Yes, I'm on 37's :cool: YMMV
Sponsored