Sponsored

Balance Beads or tire weights poll and thoughts.

Balance beads vs Tire weights

• Total voters

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So when I purchased my new wheels and tires-/ 37x12.5x17 KM3 and method wheels, I let the place talk me into balancing beads..I rotate my tires every 3000 miles and no matter what tire goes where I still get the front steering wheel shake and vibrations after 60 MPH and up .. I’m beginning to think it’s the beads not working correctly… This is the first time I ever used beads VS weights and I’m starting to regret my decision.. what are other people’s experiences using balance beads vs weights? I have an appointment next week to have the beads removed and having weights used instead, hopefully this solves my problems..
Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am thinking of going in a different direction.
https://www.centramatic.com/balancers.rhtml
I am going to 40's ( copper stt rpo ) with bead lock and have been researching balancing as well.
The beads I was looking at: https://www.abcbalancingbeads.com/
But leaning towards the Centramatic.
Going to be a trial and error!!
BTW, I have a Braptor with 37 KO2 (dont like the tire because of characteristics in wet) but balanced fine with weights.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to be putting EZ brand beads in my 35" tires. Have them in my SxS, my Sea Doo trailer, and my flat bed trailer. Way better than that Amazon crap.

https://eztirebeads.com/

Ford Bronco Balance Beads or tire weights poll and thoughts. 1701137598412

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So when I purchased my new wheels and tires-/ 37x12.5x17 KM3 and method wheels, I let the place talk me into balancing beads..I rotate my tires every 3000 miles and no matter what tire goes where I still get the front steering wheel shake and vibrations after 60 MPH and up .. I’m beginning to think it’s the beads not working correctly… This is the first time I ever used beads VS weights and I’m starting to regret my decision.. what are other people’s experiences using balance beads vs weights? I have an appointment next week to have the beads removed and having weights used instead, hopefully this solves my problems..
the reason is because wide tires also need to be cross balanced as well as the typical radial/up-down you think about when troubleshooting tire balancing.

one way to deal with the cross balance issue is to have the tires road force balanced, but another method that can also work is to have the shop use the old hammer on weights on the inside of the wheel which handles both types of imbalance.

There are methods to handle cross balance with balance beads but in my experience when you go around a bend they beads roll to the inside or outside of the tire and it all starts shaking again until you slow down.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If much moisture or tire mounting grease gets in with the beads they can clump up and not work properly. And with weights you can visually see if you have a problem tire that took a lot of weights to balance.
Sponsored