Sponsored

BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!)

Rickperry

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bdusa.co
Vehicle(s)
2021 SAS Badlands / 2022 BaseSAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am excited to finally share this very special build by BDUSA (BroncoDepotUSA).

This build is for the most selfless man I know, my dad.
My dad gave everything to raise his family.
He escaped Vietnam and came to the United States in 1975. Seeking a better life, he went to school, got his degree, and started medical school. He was living the American dream. During his first year, he and my mom had my oldest brother. Financially strained, my dad made the ultimate choice of leaving school behind to support his new family. In my eyes, he gave up his dream for his kids.

A very long story short, my parents raised 7 kids on a shoe-string budget. Mom raised the kids at home while dad worked his ass off every day to support his family. He put 6 boys through college/grad school and the last on her way to begin college in two years (Big age gap between oldest and youngest). He has always put his family first, never asking for anything in return or ever treating himself to something nice.
He made sure every kid had a car to use for college and refused getting anyone a used car.

To this day, he still drives his original 2006 Acura TL with 250k miles but still believes that he needs to buy me (6th kid) a new car. He asked me what I wanted a couple of years ago and I told him I was happy to use the hand-me-down car and was waiting for the new Bronco to be announced. When the Bronco finally debuted, I showed him what it looked like, and mentioned that it was based off the 1st generation design. He is not much of a car guy, but I could see that he really liked it. As it turns out, the 1st gen Broncos were still in production when he came to the US and he casually mentioned that it was one of the first American cars that he wanted. And thatā€™s when I knew this would be his next car. My brothers and I all came together to buy him a base Bronco. He loves the car and didnā€™t want anything more than base, but I wanted to do more for him. I wanted to return a piece of his youth by putting together something truly unique and properly retro-styled. This old school cool build is the result! More pictures and details to come in future posts.

Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) Capture.PNG

Be sure to turn up the quality ;).

Itā€™s small gesture of thanks compared to what he has sacrificed for us, but it feels good to finally give back to the man who has given us everything.
(Donā€™t worry we got mom something really nice too.)

UPDATE: 06/19/2022
Happy Fatherā€™s Day!

I wanted to upload some more stills and give more details about the build. And heck, why not a Fatherā€™s Day thread bump!

Itā€™s been longer than I wouldā€™ve liked since my last post, but I am excited to launch our new website www.BDUSA.co! This build was originally to be a special one-off build for my dad, but after numerous requests, I have decided to make it available as a package! This will not be a build for everyone, given the admittedly high cost and high cost of production. I tried to price it as reasonably as I could.

My dadā€™s Bronco originally started out as a 4Dr Base Bronco with no options. To beef up the anemic base model, here is a short list of items I added.
-HD Modular Bumper + Bull bar
-Badlands suspension + 1-inch leveling kit
-Sasquatch fender flares
-Bf Goodrich KO2 White Lettered Tires ā€“ 285/75/16
- and of course our BDUSA Heritage Wheel Package

For months, before Broncoā€™s were even being delivered, I had this build idea brewing in my head. No detail could be overlooked and lots of trial and error had to be done to pull it off. It needed to be done with tasteful form and function, as it would be my dadā€™s daily driver.
There were a few challenges to overcome with this build. If it were a perfect world, I would have it in a 17-inch wheel size, however, the manufacturer was not able to produce my requested spec without some crazy bulk ordering amount. What they could produce was a 16x8 wheel 108CB (base model originally is 16x7 93.1 CB), but a large concern of mine was whether the wheels would clear the brake calipers. And you guessed it, they didnā€™t clear. The wheels require a 5mm spacer to prevent the brake calipers from scraping the inside of the wheelā€™s barrel. However, this presented another issue as a slip-on spacer pushes the rim out from the hub no longer making it hub-centric. As a daily driver, this was not something I could or want to compromise on. I had to get a custom 5mm forged aluminum spacer/hub adapter combo made specifically for this rim and Bronco. It was expensive. I knew this build would cost more than good set of alloys, but I was committed to making something truly unique for my dad.

After all that was buttoned up, I went onto the finishing touches. I wanted gold in all the right places. Some of you may remember in the very beginning, I launched Bronco Depot Fender Badges in a 24k Gold plated option. I made that batch specifically for this build. As you can see from the pictures, I had all the badges and accent pieces gold plated to show that extra attention to detail. I went as far as having the key fobs gold plated. The only things that I could not gold plate were the door handles and Ford plaque on the center console. They have some type of nonconductive coating on the surface and it would be very difficult to strip without ruining them. As for the 5th wheel, I wanted there to be a moon cap mounted on the spare. After all, the moons are what make or break the heritage look! I had to find a way to preserve the camera and the obvious choice was to cut a hole in it. Easier said than done. The moons are made out of a very thin stainless steel and cutting it by traditional means (hole saw) would leave terrible edges, if you could even have the hole centered. Plasma cutting would leave a rough edge as it would blow out the material. The solution was to have it cut out with an industrial precision water jet, which added a considerable amount to the overall cost.

At the end of the day, my dad loved it and it was worth every penny. Over 10,000 miles on the clock and he is still telling me about how people are stopping into his work just to ask who's car is parked outside.
Iā€™m just a little salty because his Bronco gets way more attention than my decently modded Badlands Sasquatch.šŸ˜…

Happy father's day to all of the good dads out there. Your silent and selfless acts go a long way and I hope you are appreciated for them!
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 1
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 2
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 3
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 4
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 5
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 6
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 7
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 8
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 9
Ford Bronco BDUSA Heritage Bronco Build (Father's Day Bump!) 10
Sponsored

Last edited:

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am excited to finally share this very special build by BDUSA (BroncoDepotUSA).

He escaped Vietnam and came to the United States in 1975. Seeking a better life, he went to school, got his degree, and started medical school. He was living the American dream. During his first year, he and my mom had my oldest brother. Financially strained, my dad made the ultimate choice of leaving school behind to support his new family. In my eyes, he gave up his dream for his kids.

A very long story short, my parents raised 7 kids on a shoe-string budget. Mom raised the kids at home while dad worked his ass off every day to support his family. He put 6 boys through college/grad school and the last on her way to begin college in two years (Big age gap between oldest and youngest). He has always put his family first, never asking for anything in return or ever treating himself to something nice.
He made sure every kid had a car to use for college and refused getting anyone a used car.

To this day, he still drives his original 2006 Acura TL with 250k miles but still believes that he needs to buy me (6th kid) a new car. He asked me what I wanted a couple of years ago and I told him I was happy to use the hand-me-down car and was waiting for the new Bronco to be announced. When the Bronco finally debuted, I showed him what it looked like, and mentioned that it was based off the 1st generation design. He is not much of a car guy, but I could see that he really liked it. As it turns out, the 1st gen Broncos were still in production when he came to the US and he casually mentioned that it was one of the first American cars that he wanted. And thatā€™s when I knew this would be his next car. My brothers and I all came together to buy him a base Bronco. He loves the car and didnā€™t want anything more than base, but I wanted to do more for him. I wanted to return a piece of his youth by putting together something truly unique and properly retro-styled. This old school cool build is the result! More pictures and details to come in future posts.

Itā€™s small gesture of thanks compared to what he has sacrificed for us, but it feels good to finally give back to the man who has given us everything.
Dope!!! Hit the retro vibe out of the park. !!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is absolutely amazing of you guys to do, a great story, and not a bad Bronco build. I like it a lot!
Kudos to your dad for being a great dad, kudos to you kids for having the respect and perspective to notice what he and your mom did to put you guys first.

One of the absolute best stories I've read on here. Much respect to all of you.

Loubiz90

Base
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dope truck! I was gunna order the gold bronco script from broncodepot until they got banned or whatever. Shame. But sweet ride!

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks really cool. Not really my style but tastefully done. More intriguing to me is your story about your father and how you and your brothers did this for him. That is awesome.

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really cool story and what a great tribute, and one that he can enjoy (with y'all of course!). Nicely done!

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dope truck! I was gunna order the gold bronco script from broncodepot until they got banned or whatever. Shame. But sweet ride!
They got banned?

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe they got a cease and desist from Ford for copyright infringement, so their online store 'went away'.
Makes sense. Iā€™ll sell my unused badges for double? Lol

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PlanoMatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just sent you a pm

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just sent you a pm
This is one of my favorite builds so far. Simple and classy. I love the retro vibe. Nice work!