Sponsored

Be carful what body mounted rock sliders you buy.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this with the OEM sliders on my JK years ago and discovered the same thing. If you want some that stick out further, going aftermarket is what I would recommend.
Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That buggy is probably half the weight of our armored up Broncos. But honestly though I think those SRQ sliders will probably be fine for what most of us are going to do with our Broncos. I can totally see how snacktimes sliders would start to bend because of the leverage being put on them. It’s just 3 thin brackets holding them to the body.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Half the strength has been notched out of those SRQ sliders.

On a side note. Lod claimed in a post during their testing the front part of the frame would flex some under a load. That was the reason their brackets are so beefed up.

AD98BBD7-E9EE-49E3-B442-3ADB5CB6C97F.jpeg
8F26B363-360B-4618-983C-19251429BAD3.jpeg
95E13D63-C14C-4237-AF00-9834FB5C8ED2.jpeg
Still bolted to three points, even if the rigidity is higher your still loading the same three points. Problem with the factory design is these three points are not in tension with stock rock sliders. Put aftermarket sliders with to much leverage and you have switched from plates transferring pressure to a point load. Pulling on these locations is the issue. I like how Rock Hard added mounting points to the body mount and other location to account for this leverage. I was thinking about adding some straps to mine but I also need to up my square tubing wall thickness.

I will say I have worn out 1/4" hot rolled steel dragging these over granite. I am looking at other options to get into a heat treated steel that will offer me more wear protection for the weight.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That buggy is probably half the weight of our armored up Broncos. But honestly though I think those SRQ sliders will probably be fine for what most of us are going to do with our Broncos. I can totally see how snacktimes sliders would start to bend because of the leverage being put on them. It’s just 3 thin brackets holding them to the body.
Brackets size doesn't matter, its in tension so they are doing nothing to prevent the body from deforming.

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not even close. Ultra4 cars are between 4-6k. Randys cars are on the lighter side of them but still in the low 4k range. A 4door bronco is 4500-5k
Sponsored